Default Anyone having no access to Twitter anymore?

So, Twitter just ended my access and is asking for my personal information like phone number.... I really don't want to share that.

Has anyone experienced this problem? I'm not sure how to fix it. I like that forum, but I've been hearing they are doing a lot of weird stuff and silencing accounts. I'm not even very political or controversial. I mostly talk about stuff I enjoy like Superman, shows and movies. I consider myself pretty respectful to others. Any advice? I had to log out.

It might just be that the system doesn't recognize your device and is asking for a backup verification to make sure that no one other than you is trying to access your account.

Twitter, like many Soclal Media platforms, has had issues with hackers taking over other users' accounts so they are doing what they can to protect them.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    It might just be that the system doesn't recognize your device and is asking for a backup verification to make sure that no one other than you is trying to access your account.

Twitter, like many Soclal Media platforms, has had issues with hackers taking over other users' accounts so they are doing what they can to protect them.
    thanks, but do I have to give them my phone #?