Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Hellions #4 Spoiler/Review - The Tragic Case of Madelyne Pryor

In Nebraska, Maddie is telling Alex that she wants to raise an army with dead minds and soulds of void. She wants to use them to bring Hell to her enemies

Nanny, Greycrow, Orphanmaker Kwannon and Wildchild are fighting the Maruarder zombies. Arclight lets them know that Maddie is waking up all the clones. She tells John that she's back and he shoots her in the head and proceeds to kill the other clones as the others go for Maddie.

Maddie senses that Alex has a wounded mind nad wonders who did that to him but is shot in the chest by Greycrow. As she dies she tells Alex to remember her and that she wanted them all to know that she was a real girl. He rages out and blows the place up as the Hellions make their way out. He emerges from the rubble and asks if he did that and then laughs

Data page: Post Mission report

Ists been a week and they are concerned about Alex. Emma has been working with him for his sporadic memory loss. He rememebers Maddie being shot but not who did it and he doesnt seem interested. Emma is hesitant to prod further bc she feels guilty about how things turned out the last time she fixed him

Greycrow...a weight has been lifted from him but he worries about the resrrections of his former teamates. He thinks they should be but without Sinister's modifications

Empath was KIA but no explanation was given

Wild Child has calmed down but seems obsessed with Kwannon, showing aggression to threats to her

Nanny was traumatized seeing Sinister's past upclose. Emma thinks any emotion she shows is progess

Maddie fell as a combatant and being a clone of Jean, the Council must decide what to do with her

Krakoa.....Kwannon, Greycrow and Wildchild are seen on the beach sharing a moment.

Bar Sinister...Scott tells Alex that since Maddie was a clone, the Council voted no on her resurrection. He's sorry it didnt work out as Alex cries. Sinister is enjoying it all. Nanny is mad about the dead mutant children she saw.. Sinister reminds her that all the resurrected owe him as they are his children. Nanny threatenes him and says when she comes to punish him, she wants to know how many orphans that will make

This was a good issue and finish to the first arc. Loved the tease at the end. I think they are definitely setting up Sinister's fall and Nanny has now been thrown in as someone that might come after him
    Last edited by Havok83; 09-16-2020 at 08:02 AM.

I understand why the council decided not to resurrect Maddie, and generally agree with it, but the reasoning will be sticky down the line. If Maddie doesn't count as "real" what does that mean for Laura, Gabby, the Cuckoos, etc? Sophie and Esme have already been reborn.
    Last edited by davetvs; 09-16-2020 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I understand why the council decided not to resurrect Maddie, and generally agree with it, but the reasoning will be sticky down the line. If Maddie doesn't count as "real" what does that mean for Laura, Gabby, the Cuckoos, etc?
    She's not real. Its not the same thing. Maddie was a psychic ghost created by X-man and given a magically altered body by Spiral to look like Jean. The original clone Maddie died and merged with Jean in Inferno. She was originally brought to life with a portion of Jean's soul and that and her memories merged with Jean where they've existed as one being ever since. This Maddie is a perversion of that

Good point davetvs. Heck they brought back some of the Cuckoos already.

Also one of the few times I've felt bad for Alex. Uncanny Avengers really messed him up, but I wonder if he's dealing with something else I've forgotten?

Wells continues to knock it out of the park. This was another great issue full of drama, buffonery and good character moments. I felt for Maddie and it def seems like this isn't the end of her story yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She's not real. Its not the same thing. Maddie was a psychic ghost created by X-man and given a magically altered body by Spiral to look like Jean. The original clone Maddie died and merged with Jean in Inferno. She was originally brought to life with a portion of Jean's soul and that and her memories merged with Jean where they've existed as one being ever since. This Maddie is a perversion of that
    That's fair.

Yeah, one important point is that the data pages stated that Maddie wasn't "human"

Therein lies the details of why this isn't the same as other clone resurrections. If it had been the original clone of Madelyn I could see the argument being the same. But what she is/was now/most recently is very different than simply a clone.

Is there any doubt that this is the best thing going with this new era? Another flawless issue by Wells and Segovia.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Good point davetvs. Heck they brought back some of the Cuckoos already.

Also one of the few times I've felt bad for Alex. Uncanny Avengers really messed him up, but I wonder if he's dealing with something else I've forgotten?
    Mentions that Emma feels partially guilty for not being able to fix Alex all right (she had to improvise on X-Men Blue) implies that Alex is suffering from AXIS's Inversion spell.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I understand why the council decided not to resurrect Maddie, and generally agree with it, but the reasoning will be sticky down the line. If Maddie doesn't count as "real" what does that mean for Laura, Gabby, the Cuckoos, etc?
    Laura should be save seeing how she is not a direct clone of Wolverine and more an artifical daughter, having her DNA so modified that she can't count as copy anymore.

Gabbby however seems quite in danger being a direct clone of Laura, if my memory serves me right and so do the Cuckoos being at least clones of another.
    However there is the high possibility that in their cases they will find some kind of loophole to justify replicating them, but leaving Maddie out.

For example with Gabby they might claim her different claw setup means her DNA has developed differently from Lauras and with that counts as unique individual. Not clue what they could argue for the cuckoos but they would likely find an explanation.

Overall it's farily obvious it was a choice made to remove an awkward situation from the table, especialy given Sinister's importance in the replication machinery and his seat on the council, with a convinient explanation.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

That horny energy cover.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Laura should be save seeing how she is not a direct clone of Wolverine and more an artifical daughter, having her DNA so modified that she can't count as copy anymore.

Gabbby however seems quite in danger being a direct clone of Laura, if my memory serves me right and so do the Cuckoos being at least clones of another.
    However there is the high possibility that in their cases they will find some kind of loophole to justify replicating them, but leaving Maddie out.

For example with Gabby they might claim her different claw setup means her DNA has developed differently from Lauras and with that counts as unique individual. Not clue what they could argue for the cuckoos but they would likely find an explanation.

Overall it's farily obvious it was a choice made to remove an awkward situation from the table, especialy given Sinister's importance in the replication machinery and his seat on the council, with a convinient explanation.
    2 of the Cuckoos have already been resurrected so we know they are an exception. The reason is part of their power is their hive mind functionality such that with one gone, they are crippled. Its like losing a limb for them. They have always operated better as 5 which makes them a unique case. They want mutants to be at their optimal best which means the Cuckoos should always be a quintet

Astonishing Member

2 of the Cuckoos have already been resurrected so we know they are an exception. The reason is part of their power is their hive mind functionality such that with one gone, they are crippled. Its like losing a limb for them. They have always operated better as 5 which makes them a unique case. They want mutants to be at their optimal best which means the Cuckoos should always be a quintet
    Good point.

God, Nanny is a boss ass bitch.