Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Of course yes. But when you plan to unleash an army of demon-possessed clones into a nation, it's hard for that nation to be merciful to you.
    yeah had Maddie not died, she may have joined Sabretooth in the pits

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Of course yes. But when you plan to unleash an army of demon-possessed clones into a nation, it's hard for that nation to be merciful to you.
    This. So very muchly.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    yeah had Maddie not died, she may have joined Sabretooth in the pits
    I don’t think they’d have gone that far at least not initially. The pit seems to be reserved for those who break the most severe of Krakoan laws such as killing of a human (why Selene still walks free despite what she’s been doing in Captain America is anyone’s guess). She would most likely be imprisoned while they figure out how they can rehabilitate her for Krakoan society first before they went as far as their “death sentence”.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I don’t think they’d have gone that far at least not initially. The pit seems to be reserved for those who break the most severe of Krakoan laws such as killing of a human (why Selene still walks free despite what she’s been doing in Captain America is anyone’s guess). She would most likely be imprisoned while they figure out how they can rehabilitate her for Krakoan society first before they went as far as their “death sentence”.
    Waging a demonic invasion intended to slaughter all citizens and dismantle Krakoa as a country seems like a severe offense

FYI, from what Ive read, Captain America takes place before HOX

So much for Stryfe coming back...

Excellent issue... I feel bad for Maddie....

BANNED

IThe pit seems to be reserved for those who break the most severe of Krakoan laws such as killing of a human (why Selene still walks free despite what she’s been doing in Captain America is anyone’s guess)..
    Or Omena Red. Although i'm pretty sure he's heading to the pit soon.

Anyway, another great issue. This book is so much fun! Who knew it'd be like this when the lineup was announced? A must buy for me

I really hope Maddie comes back somehow, because her treatment by the X-Office since the very moment of her creation has been awful, and she deserves a lot better than being killed by a single bullet without having been able to take revenge on Sinister, among others, and die in oblivion

spoilers:
    In the latest issue of Captain America the heroes capture Selene and Shuri says "there's a council on Krakoa that would like a word"
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Waging a demonic invasion intended to slaughter all citizens and dismantle Krakoa as a country seems like a severe offense

FYI, from what Ive read, Captain America takes place before HOX
    As the crime was prevented before it could get to that point, I don’t think they would charge it as high in severity. It’s still a crime as the intent was there, however, given her mental state and that they feel they need as many mutants together as possible for the sake of their species, I think they’d at least try to help her before taking it to the next step.

As for Captain America, as of today’s issue, it’s confirmed to take place in the present day as Shuri mentions the council on Krakoa wanting to have a word with her in relation to Selene’s crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    I suspected that Kyle would fall for Kawannon. I also suspect that the real reason the council voted "no" on Maddie is because she's "inconvenient"
    You know Jean was all like, 'NO way in Hell!' while screaming and pointing at Sinister in the QC meeting!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Selene's crimes could have taken place in the 6 month gap just prior to establishing Krakoa and Xavier calling all mutants.
    She was part of the first group that came with o--[A]--o

either that or...

Coates is just writing as if anyone in the X-Office really pays significant attention to what he's doing.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Coates is just writing as if anyone in the X-Office really pays significant attention to what he's doing.
    The whole set up for Hellions is these mutants are up for banishment, but it is not like they actually did anything and we have seen plenty of stuff going on that is more condemnable. Whatever happens to Selene, if she is needed down the road, it is not like it will matter where she happens to be. None of this is being done for consistency, any of it is just to have things happen for the sake of the stories.

Selene's crimes could have taken place in the 6 month gap just prior to establishing Krakoa and Xavier calling all mutants.

either that or...

Most likely the latter since she definitely had a body count this arc alone. Though that kind of thing does kill quite a bit of the cohesiveness of the universe especially when Krakoa is a big thing in the MU. At that point, using X-villains is a bad idea since repercussions will never carry over thus creating plot holes.

As the crime was prevented before it could get to that point, I don’t think they would charge it as high in severity. It’s still a crime as the intent was there, however, given her mental state and that they feel they need as many mutants together as possible for the sake of their species, I think they’d at least try to help her before taking it to the next step.

As for Captain America, as of today’s issue, it’s confirmed to take place in the present day as Shuri mentions the council on Krakoa wanting to have a word with her in relation to Selene’s crimes.
    It was prevented bc she was killed. We dont know if she would have been successul in her attempt had she lived. That was the logical next step for her as she told Alex that

either that or...

BE24AF3B-7F17-4FB8-A058-9FEF03C66CD1.jpg

If Selene doesn’t go into the pit for killing all those people, then the Council is seriously screwed up...

Maddie isn’t as much of a threat as Selene, and yet Maddie can’t come back on a technicality....