Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicScion View Post
    So was the "sparkles" around Alex's head Maddy transferring her mind into his? It says Emma didn't want to dig too deep in his mind .....so Maddir could be lurking there in his mind.

I would be very disappointed if that was the end of Maddie.
    I thought that was just her fixing his mouth up.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    As far as I am concerned, any Maddie that was 'real' died back in the original Inferno. I will say Wells et al managed to craft a compelling story here, but that thing that Greycrow shot should not be resurrected. After all the years of X-Man pseudo-incest and Sisterhood nonsense, just let the madness come to an end.
    And yet the OG Marauders get to comeback...how is that justifiable given what they did?

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    And yet the OG Marauders get to comeback...how is that justifiable given what they did?
    Because it's not really wiping the slate if you start to pick and choose who does and does not deserve a chance on Krakoa.

BANNED

I say it again, maddie will be the first chimera that isnt sinister himself

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Do writers even remember or know of that X-man plot? Nate definitely created her but they kept saying clone like she was a regular clone.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Do writers even remember or know of that X-man plot? Nate definitely created her but they kept saying clone like she was a regular clone.
    You bring up a very good point. If Wells wanted to use that as an excuse then he would've just said it instead of "She's a clone of Jean."

This outcome affected me more than I expected. Considering she's a complete nut who was planning bloody genocide I'm surprised at how sad I am that she and Havok don't get the same happy ending that all the other Mutants do on Krakoa.

Wells is an excellent writer. This series has fast become my favourite book of the entire relaunch.

Poor Maddy. I hope we see her again.

BANNED

So was the "sparkles" around Alex's head Maddy transferring her mind into his? It says Emma didn't want to dig too deep in his mind .....so Maddir could be lurking there in his mind.

I thought Maddie was fixing Alex face as her final goodbye gesture.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

I thought she was fixing his mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    One guy's take...

Cutting him(well actually "Them"...) loose from the spell, and patching him up in the process.

No telling how close that will wind up being in time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    It's a shame, really.
    I get why killing this iteration of the Goblin Queen was done, why it might have been necessary, and the deep questions surrounding resurrecting her...all absolutely plausible (the "real" Maddie died at the end of Inferno) but...
    I feel this iteration could have worked quite well as a major magical X-Villain going forward (for those very same reasons) as a rival Hell-Lord somewhat like Mephisto and Belasco, and as an arch nemesis for Illyana perhaps.
    I would have liked that. Or her living on Krakoa and on a team would have worked too^^

But seeing how death is not a sure thing even without the five, I would not count her out yet^^

BANNED

My main problem with Maddie is that she still carries the baggage of Inferno with her. Certain writers tried to make her as "evil" as possible with human sacriefice and a lot more. She even cheated at taxes I heard^^

Would like it if they moved her away from that and make her someone more reasonable and not the carricature we so often get.
    Hellions was at least something in that direction.

so is Empath coming back? or will he remain KIA and waiting resurrection protocols? it is a interesting character... Kwannon is interesting too.. I am curious on where the character will be evolving. I am not very sure about Maddie. I liked her as a grey hero when she was in Australia but all the Goblin Queen is just not my thing. The Council´s decitions reg her is incredible not fair. Jean and Emma as biased voters and their supporters (Storm, Kurt Kate, Charles...) should not be allowed to vote in the matter. They are half of the Council! the other half couldnt care less so they have chosen not to pick that battle. It shows how flawed Krakoa´s system is... but there is a thread about it....
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    I thought she was 'fixing' his Inversion, somehow. (In which direction, unclear, since she could go either way, either improving on Emma's attempt to un-Invert him, or utterly getting rid of Emma's 'fix' and re-Inverting him...)

Anywho, this was close to the least interesting-sounding title (and set of characters) to me, and yet it's somehow completely won me over, by tackling some big transhumanist sci-fi concepts of identity and self in a thoughtful way, while still having some fun, and embracing some of the absurdity of the X-verse (like Nanny, or the mess that is Madelyne Pryor's history).

Pretty amazing stuff, and really the last thing I expected.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Emma has admitted to using her influence to bring certain people back.