Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Since this is the first time the X-Men and Sinister are on the same side, having Maddie join Krakoa too, would create hilarious hijinks that I was looking forward to.
    Truth to tell...I was never an advocate for Maddie living on Krakoa. I appreciate her more as an avowed X-Villain and would have loved to see her operate outside of Krakoa against the X-Men and mutants in general. Not all villains should be "reformed" and want to follow Krakoa's laws and regulations.

Plus...Her character as GQ does not inspire "hijinks" in any form.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Abandoned by her husband and “father”, stripped of her child and personhood, Maddie in Inferno was always a primal scream against the Patriarchy. I find it pointed that this story ends with her personhood being denied again by a different Patriarchy. Wherever Wells is going with this, I don’t think this did any good for Alex’s mental health at all.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    It doesn't seem to me that the idea that this isn't the "real Maddie" is what's counting... They say she's not human as in that she's a mutant. They say that the debate is whether she's just a Jean clone or a "mutant on her own right". Honestly I find it quite shitty to not resurrect her...
    One can argue that...given her recent history, she's not a "mutant in her own right". I think if it was just the "being a clone" issue there might have been more consideration.
    As it is...if she's not really and truly a mutant (even as a result of cloning) then...

This issue really makes me appreciate the QC and their job, even more.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 09-16-2020 at 09:16 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

This ended like every post-Inferno Madelyne story ever. The Quiet Council can choke.

I don't really see Jean retaining Maddie's memories or soul at all tbh. Jean never seemed influenced or impacted by Madelyne's memories.

For that type of experience you get Rogue's and Carol's storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    I don't really see Jean retaining Maddie's memories or soul at all tbh. Jean never seemed influenced or impacted by Madelyne's memories.

She originally got a double(plus third, with the Phoenix's) personality, but then she expelled them when she used the last of the Phoenix shard(not called that at the time) she gained at along with it. She said the memories became distant after that, but there wasn't much consistency on that on the other few times it was mentioned.

Never? This was a major plotpoint in the 80s, ironically around the same time Rogue was experiencing it

For a time Jean had multiple personalities and Madelyne would take control occasionally. She was able to fully integrate their personalities but the memories still existed and haunted her

Yeah, there was never really any consequence or reference to that again, almost to the point it was like they just needed a plot device to write out the Goblin Queen without it seeming unnecessarily cruel on top of the shitty way all the “good” characters had actually treated her, but without letting her off the hook for making Manhattan nearly as hot as it actually will be by 2050.

By the way, I don't know how they did it, but Nanny is FUCKING BADASS on the last pages.

Watch your back, Sinister, the egg is coming for you.
    Last edited by Glio; 09-16-2020 at 09:27 AM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    God, Nanny is a boss ass bitch.
    Nanny emerging as one of the MVPs of the new era is really out of left field, but amazing.

BANNED

man, really feel bad for maddie and alex, well

Queen Nanny is the best thing about this run! In the minority on this apparently but I've never liked/cared for/about Madelyn Prior.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Nanny emerging as one of the MVPs of the new era is really out of left field, but amazing.
    I told ya'll. Her backstory is very interesting as it relates to her protectiveness over mutant children.

Great issue! Art is gorgeous, the beats were right. I'm loving the Greycrow/Psylocke vibes.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    It's a shame, really.
    I get why killing this iteration of the Goblin Queen was done, why it might have been necessary, and the deep questions surrounding resurrecting her...all absolutely plausible (the "real" Maddie died at the end of Inferno) but...
    I feel this iteration could have worked quite well as a major magical X-Villain going forward (for those very same reasons) as a rival Hell-Lord somewhat like Mephisto and Belasco, and as an arch nemesis for Illyana perhaps.
    Totally agree, it's a strange move like there was potential to have her as a slow burn villain outside of Krakoa working a different angle than Mikhail for example. Unless they have Havok bring her back behind Krakoa's back with Sinister, I see a missed opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Totally agree, it's a strange move like there was potential to have her as a slow burn villain outside of Krakoa working a different angle than Mikhail for example. Unless they have Havok bring her back behind Krakoa's back with Sinister, I see a missed opportunity.
    Havok is going to bring her back and indirectly will cause the Inferno II thats been teased