Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    They never had a chance to shine AT ALL. They were created with the intention to die so that Bishop could join the X-Men. Bring them back so they can have another shot at being something. Anything is possible with the right writer..
    But they're so boring... Two dudes with utterly invisible / passive powers. No interesting visual hooks at all, and I'm very much a visual boy. Gimme those blue-furred three-fingered dudes with tails who disappear with an explosion of smoke, or flying women surrounded by fiery birds of prey.

Gosh, the one that can sense humans (but not mutants) would be a riot on Krakoa. "Hi Kyle. How's it going? Okay boss, I've used my powers to detect the non-mutant human on Krakoa. Can I go now, or do you just want me to walk around the island 24/7 looking for non-mutants?"

And the other one, sitting on the beach, unable to get a tan, because of his mutant power to absorb radiation, which is between the power on communicate with snails or control asparagus on the 'power lottery.'
    Last edited by Sutekh; 09-19-2020 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    Greycrow is quickly becoming the stand out character of this entire new era.
    He's definitely shining in this. Kwannon too. Everyone really, except Empath haha.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    Therein lies the details of why this isn't the same as other clone resurrections. If it had been the original clone of Madelyn I could see the argument being the same. But what she is/was now/most recently is very different than simply a clone.
    I suspect that this isn't the end of the story and Maddie will be back sooner than later. She's not a clone anymore, in fact she's in part a magical being and they don't stay dead for very long.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    Greycrow is quickly becoming the stand out character of this entire new era.
    Really? Good for him I guess. He's just permanently Gross/unlikeable for Killin Annalee's kids

GrindrStone(D)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Really? Good for him I guess. He's just permanently Gross/unlikeable for Killin Annalee's kids

I know, I would have thought so too, and he's always been so one dimensional. Now he's being well written and there's finally more to him.

It's the same for me with Emma and all her horrible acts in the past. It's hard when a writer just tries to overwrite the past, but it happens a lot in long-running narratives.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

To be fair, he's been killed, clone and brought back so many times that this guy is very far removed from that action. Technically Greycrow isnt the Scalphunter that killed Annalee's kids. From what we know, Sinister did not have access to Cerebro to do the whole mind transfer so this is not the character from the Mutant Massacre

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    It's the same for me with Emma and all her horrible acts in the past. It's hard when a writer just tries to overwrite the past, but it happens a lot in long-running narratives.
    I dont think Emma's past has ever been overwritten. It happened and informs the person she is today. There is such a thing as growth and moving on though especially since we are several years removed from alot of her earliest misdeeds
    Last edited by Havok83; 09-22-2020 at 02:58 PM.

She just mind controlled the whole world, and tricked the team into helping her kill Shaw right before Hickman's run. She's rotten to the core, but writers try to tell us her s#@! don't stink. Everything she lobbies against Shaw, she's done just as bad. Fraction in particular went to great lengths to rewrite her history.

She just mind controlled the whole world, and tricked the team into helping her kill Shaw right before Hickman's run. She's rotten to the core, but writers try to tell us her s#@! don't stink. Everything she lobbies against Shaw, she's done just as bad. Fraction in particular went to great lengths to rewrite her history.
    Which was a universally hated portrayal of the character. I can't think of any other writer who tried to downplay or whitewash the abrasive aspects of Emma's personality; she's still a bitch and she's still prone to morally gray tactics. Do you have the same issue with Rogue joining the team? Wolverine? He may not be a villain but he's a cold-blooded murderer. At this point, so is Betsy. So is Kwannon. Mystique and Sabretooth are far less removed from outright villainy than Emma is...and as Greycrow has shown us already in this era, bad people trying to be better are compelling.

Rogue was fully rehabilitated in an organic way, and she was not pardoned easily. It took a LONG time for the team to fully accept her. And she was a child being led astray by her foster parents.

Emma was a grown woman in full possession of herself and her objectives; to enslave the world under her heel. I don't accept her 'redemption' because she is unrepentant and continues her exploitative, elitist ways with little regard for those around her. I don't accept her, Mystique, or Sabretooth as trustworthy allies or teammates.

Rogue was fully rehabilitated in an organic way, and she was not pardoned easily. It took a LONG time for the team to fully accept her. And she was a child being led astray by her foster parents.

Emma was a grown woman in full possession of herself and her objectives; to enslave the world under her heel. I don't accept her 'redemption' because she is unrepentant and continues her exploitative, elitist ways with little regard for those around her. I don't accept her, Mystique, or Sabretooth as trustworthy allies or teammates.
    It was not that long. Rogue was accepted within her first arc on the team.

It took a long time before Emma even joined the team and that only happened after she had spent years working as an ally and by then several X-men could vouch for her. Even so she's never been able to escape her past bc time and time again it has been thrown in her face. Kitty did it for years and as recently as Maraurders, Storm has given her the cold shoulder.

Your statements reinforce my point though in that her past informs who she is. She isnt some goody two shoes and will still use unorthodox methods to achieve her goals. She may be calculating but she's not this all evil being you make her out to be
    Last edited by Havok83; 09-22-2020 at 05:27 PM.

I think they are revealing something about Sinister's cloning methods that he deliberately creates the clones to be more mentally unstable! The reason Greycrow is acting so different is because he died and was resurrected on Krakoa without anything to force him under Sinister's control! So we are gradually seeing what Greycrow is like when he is more mentally unstable! This mission, he wanted his former team mates to all be resurrected on Krakoa without any of the manipulation and taint that Sinister embedded in them!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It was not that long. Rogue was accepted within her first arc on the team.

It took a long time before Emma even joined the team and that only happened after she had spent years working as an ally and by then several X-men could vouch for her. Even so she's never been able to escape her past bc time and time again it has been thrown in her face. Kitty did it for years and as recently as Maraurders, Storm has given her the cold shoulder.

Your statements reinforce my point though in that her past informs who she is. She isnt some goody two shoes and will still use unorthodox methods to achieve her goals. She may be calculating but she's not this all evil being you make her out to be
    There are also some issues that have shown us that Sebastian had Selene reprogramed Emma to keep her in the Hellfire Club and to make her be obedient to Shaw! I think a good explanation for what broke this was Emma's first coma, and Jean may have actually repaired some of the damage Selene did to Emma! When Emma woke from her coma she was overwhelmed by what happened to her students and she swore to join Xavier after that! Right after the Phalanx attack, Emma and Sean formed the Generation X school for the youngest mutant students at the Xavier institute! Emma also used her money to help rebuild the Xavier institute at the same time she started working with Sean in Generation X!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Y'all love to whitewash Gen X. That series ended with Emma fleeing the country after murdering and robbing her sister(who she called in to bail her broke ass out), and a police officer investigating. Her students were afraid of her and after giving Sean a group hug, ran away, distraught from the death of Everett. Emma was not reformed by Gen X.

Y'all love to whitewash Gen X. That series ended with Emma fleeing the country after murdering and robbing her sister(who she called in to bail her broke ass out), and a police officer investigating. Her students were afraid of her and after giving Sean a group hug, ran away, distraught from the death of Everett. Emma was not reformed by Gen X.
    and how many of the X-men have killed since becoming X-men? You ignore the context behind why she did what she did to Adrienne. You know killing Synch and nearly blowing up a school filled with dozens of students. Going after Adrienne was not an act of villiany