Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I think it would be interesting if they brought Maddie back with just her memories before meeting Scott or Alex, that Maddie was a pilot with a personality of her own, she would have oportunity to become someone else besides Sinisterīs pawn or Jeanīs clone or Scott and Alex lover and it would be a nice way to give her arc new life. They could even bring her without powers, so there would not be problem with her living on Krakoa alongside Jean.

For some reason marvel always has been way too cruel with clones, another I would like to see again is Joseph pre- Magneto not a hero, a magneto looking person who thinks they should embrace humanity again would be fun to see, especially since Magneto did recognize him as his own person.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-16-2020 at 05:57 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I already explained it. The original Maddie merged with Jean. This version was not here. Its not the same thing as the examples you mention as she was literally a creation of Nate Grey and existed for years without a body until the Enchantress altered one to look like Jean for her. The human Maddie that married Scott died in Inferno and her memories and portion of Jean's soul that she had returned to her. This version that died was a demonic perversion of Jean.

Based on the concept of cloning and resurrections in this era, Maddie always was Jean in the same way that the Phoenix clone was also Jean. Jean was presumed dead and she was cloned and that version of her became the Phoenix and picked up where she left off. That version died and another clone of Jean was given life and sent to Scott to pick up where Jean left off. The OG came back and all three versions merged into one being. Any Maddie we'e seen since has not been that same character. In retrospect its a cautionary tale for what happens when a character is cloned when the original isnt actually dead.
    I see the logic in your words but at the same time it just doesn't convince me to say she wasn't real or even deserved to be brought back when the Marauders get to be brought back even though they are just as murderous and guilty as her, maybe not on the same level but still.

Issue felt really rushed. A quick and rather unsatisfying end to what was shaping up to be a pretty good arc.

Is Omega Red over in X-Force being neutered for this team?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I think it would be interesting if they brought Maddie back with just her memories before meeting Scott or Alex, that Maddie was a pilot with a personality of her own, she would have oportunity to become someone else besides Sinisterīs pawn or Jeanīs clone or Scott and Alex lover and it would be a nice way to give her arc new life. They could even bring her without powers, so there would not be problem with her living on Krakoa alongside Jean.

For some reason marvel always has been way too cruel with clones, another I would like to see again is Joseph pre- Magneto not a hero, a magneto looking person who thinks they should embrace humanity again would be fun to see, especially since Magneto did recognize him as his own person.
    She didnt have any actual memories. Those were all falsified by Sinister. Some of those memories were actually Jeans too. In the lead up to Inferno, she learned that everything she thought about herself prior to Scott was fake. I

Yes but she didnīt have Jeanīs personality, her way of dealing with things was different and despite being put there by sinister so a grieving Scott would marry her and give him their offspring, she was her own person, the way most characters forget she was her own person after discovering sinisterīs plot and her bitterness over that make her an interesting and real character, because before all that she was accepted as herself with a value of her own not as an adjacent to Jean but in the end thatīs precisely what she became and thatīs just sad when she had potential to have a different life. Hope this makes sense

I also have good memories reading about her on the old comics, she didnīt belong to the world of superheros but she could take care of herself there, so that may be it too.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-16-2020 at 06:32 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

I already explained it. The original Maddie merged with Jean. This version was not here. Its not the same thing as the examples you mention as she was literally a creation of Nate Grey and existed for years without a body until the Enchantress altered one to look like Jean for her. The human Maddie that married Scott died in Inferno and her memories and portion of Jean's soul that she had returned to her. This version that died was a demonic perversion of Jean.

Based on the concept of cloning and resurrections in this era, Maddie always was Jean in the same way that the Phoenix clone was also Jean. Jean was presumed dead and she was cloned and that version of her became the Phoenix and picked up where she left off. That version died and another clone of Jean was given life and sent to Scott to pick up where Jean left off. The OG came back and all three versions merged into one being. Any Maddie we'e seen since has not been that same character. In retrospect its a cautionary tale for what happens when a character is cloned when the original isnt actually dead.
    While I get what you’re trying to say, I don’t agree with it especially with the fact of how wonky things get within comics as far as death and resurrection. While the prospect of Maddie having merged with Jean was how things were at the time, who’s to say that that remains as fact now? Hell across the MU there are numerous characters who were brought back in ways that would give anyone an existential crisis however the universe as a whole doesn’t say that they are any other character than who they are.

And I can’t agree either that Maddie was Jean even by the concept of cloning in this era. In the case with the Phoenix clone, it basically was a copy of Jean through and through. Maddie, on the other hand, may be a clone of Jean, but she was never Jean Grey. From her inception, she has always been her own person rather than diverging and becoming that such as with other clones like Ben Reilly, Kaine, etc. To Sinister’s experiments, she may have been a replacement for Jean by DNA but she’s always been Madelyne Pryor.

As far as I am concerned, any Maddie that was 'real' died back in the original Inferno. I will say Wells et al managed to craft a compelling story here, but that thing that Greycrow shot should not be resurrected. After all the years of X-Man pseudo-incest and Sisterhood nonsense, just let the madness come to an end.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I donīt remember what that sisterhood was about, that entire arc didnīt made much sense for me so I agree, writers went overboard with her but it would be interesting to see the real Maddie back.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I donīt remember what that sisterhood was about, that entire arc didnīt made much sense for me so I agree, writers went overboard with her but it would be interesting to see the real Maddie back.
    The Maddie that Nate Grey created was a psionic ghost and she came back obsessed with getting a body to make her real. It was stated that only a body with Jean's DNA could house her which is why she tried to find and dig up Jean's corpse. I dont think it was even mentioned why she didnt try to dig up Maddie's original corpse bc she had a funeral and that body was buried

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Attachment 100663

If Selene doesn’t go into the pit for killing all those people, then the Council is seriously screwed up...

Maddie isn’t as much of a threat as Selene, and yet Maddie can’t come back on a technicality....
    This doesn't ring true because we know that Selene is on Krakoa psionically "feeding" the sentient island. Of course she could be sneaking off through the gates to kill humans but... seems more like Coates is on some stupid ****.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

The Maddie that Nate Grey created was a psionic ghost and she came back obsessed with getting a body to make her real. It was stated that only a body with Jean's DNA could house her which is why she tried to find and dig up Jean's corpse. I dont think it was even mentioned why she didnt try to dig up Maddie's original corpse bc she had a funeral and that body was buried
    Yes she was kind of a shadow of Maddie it would be interesting to see the original Maddie back

This doesn't ring true because we know that Selene is on Krakoa psionically "feeding" the sentient island. Of course she could be sneaking off through the gates to kill humans but... seems more like Coates is on some stupid ****.
    Hickman will address Selene apparition on Cap America or maybe this happened before her coming to Krakoa, given they gave her and other vampire mutants a way to stop having to feed on other people. If she still did this after that agreement she would deserve punishment if she didnīt then thatīs what Apocalypse was talking about them being given amnesty. Shuri words seem to point to her acting on her own after her deal with Krakoa so I guess we will see.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-16-2020 at 07:35 PM.

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

So was the "sparkles" around Alex's head Maddy transferring her mind into his? It says Emma didn't want to dig too deep in his mind .....so Maddir could be lurking there in his mind.

I would be very disappointed if that was the end of Maddie.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicScion View Post
    So was the "sparkles" around Alex's head Maddy transferring her mind into his? It says Emma didn't want to dig too deep in his mind .....so Maddir could be lurking there in his mind.

I would be very disappointed if that was the end of Maddie.
    yeah thats what people have been speculating. Jean better watch her back

BANNED

I feel maddie will be ressurected, because there's an obvious loophole: she becomes the second chimera, with an extra gene she's no longer just a clone.