Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
    Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Look again at his mouth. The wound disappears.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I thought she was 'fixing' his Inversion, somehow. (In which direction, unclear, since she could go either way, either improving on Emma's attempt to un-Invert him, or utterly getting rid of Emma's 'fix' and re-Inverting him...)

Anywho, this was close to the least interesting-sounding title (and set of characters) to me, and yet it's somehow completely won me over, by tackling some big transhumanist sci-fi concepts of identity and self in a thoughtful way, while still having some fun, and embracing some of the absurdity of the X-verse (like Nanny, or the mess that is Madelyne Pryor's history).

Pretty amazing stuff, and really the last thing I expected.
    The bloody wound on his mouth disappears.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Sinister still dining out on that Summers brothers drama.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    Emma has admitted to using her influence to bring certain people back.
    Really? Was Emma being her usually bitchy self or did she actually mention as to who she manipulated to pull that stunt off?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Sinister still dining out on that Summers brothers drama.
    Well according to him, it doesn't get old. He is not wrong though...

Ultimate Member

Look again at his mouth. The wound disappears.
    Yeah, but I thought she was 'fixing' his messed-up mind, also, not just his mouth. It would seem a sort of Madelyne-like parting gift, which, again, could go either way, 'fixing' him to be the sane-ish dude she met so long ago, or 'fixing' him to embrace his Inverted self and let it all hang out.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Really? Was Emma being her usually bitchy self or did she actually mention as to who she manipulated to pull that stunt off?
    IIRC, she mentions early on in Marauders that she had Jumbo Carnation resurrected bumped up the list.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I understand why the council decided not to resurrect Maddie, and generally agree with it, but the reasoning will be sticky down the line. If Maddie doesn't count as "real" what does that mean for Laura, Gabby, the Cuckoos, etc? Sophie and Esme have already been reborn.
    Correct me if I’m wrong, but I specifically recall the Cuckoo’s not being clones of Emma. But are the product of her eggs being harvested. It’s not explicitly stated but I always figured the assumption was that they very much are closer to daughters than clones. There were so many of them in that series because it was stated over a 1000 eggs were taken from Emma. Biologically, they’re probably the product of Emma and Sublime. Or at least that’s how I understood it

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    So much for Stryfe coming back...

Excellent issue... I feel bad for Maddie....
    Maddie, Stryfe, X-Man, Joseph... There's a story arc in there....

Ultimate Member

Maddie, Stryfe, X-Man, Joseph... There's a story arc in there....
    Especially timely, since so many regular X-Men are currently clones or copies of a dead original. Where is the line being drawn? It shouldn't matter where they came from or how they came into existence, they are living people now. Whatever her origins, Maddy's as much a 'real girl' as Domino or Melody Guthrie or any other mutant we've seen come back to life.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by silence. View Post
    Correct me if I’m wrong, but I specifically recall the Cuckoo’s not being clones of Emma. But are the product of her eggs being harvested. It’s not explicitly stated but I always figured the assumption was that they very much are closer to daughters than clones. There were so many of them in that series because it was stated over a 1000 eggs were taken from Emma. Biologically, they’re probably the product of Emma and Sublime. Or at least that’s how I understood it
    They are the children of Emma Frost and Steve Rogers! And I won't tolerate any naysayers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Especially timely, since so many regular X-Men are currently clones or copies of a dead original. Where is the line being drawn? It shouldn't matter where they came from or how they came into existence, they are living people now. Whatever her origins, Maddy's as much a 'real girl' as Domino or Melody Guthrie or any other mutant we've seen come back to life.
    The rule isn't the fact that no clones are allowed the rule is that there should be no DUPLICATES. And considering Maddie is a genetically identical to Jean Grey she falls into the category of a duplicate and is ineligible for resurrection.

Tbh I completely agree or disagree with this assessment Maddie is in fact her own individual and quite separate especially personality-wise from Jean. Still is a sticky situation that I hope is explored further.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    The rule isn't the fact that no clones are allowed the rule is that there should be no DUPLICATES. And considering Maddie is a genetically identical to Jean Grey she falls into the category of a duplicate and is ineligible for resurrection.

Tbh I completely agree or disagree with this assessment Maddie is in fact her own individual and quite separate especially personality-wise from Jean. Still is a sticky situation that I hope is explored further.
    I would assume they mean no new duplicates created via the resurrection protocols when there's already someone alive by that name, and that they don't mean no *pre-existing* duplicates, like the Cuckoos, or Scout/Honey Badger, or Jimmy Hudson, or whoever else is out there, or 'duplicates' created by a mutant like Jamie Madrox, Timeshadow or the Munroe family (Flashback or his two kids).

'Cause if no duplicates means that if any of the Cuckoos or Gabby or whomever are going to be 'left dead' if something happens to them, I think there's gonna be a riot!

I think Maddy just got voted down because nobody on the QC (except maybe Sinister, who was just there for the drama, or Mystique, who wants to hand her a match and watch her burn it all down) wanted her crazy ass back. Any sort of 'no duplicate' rule just became the pretext to justify what was already decided.

BANNED

i mean gabby is more like a sister clone she has a difrent set of claws, and the cuckoos and laura are geneticaly manipulated daughters, and the cuckoos are sisters to one another not clones, maddy is an exact copy of jean down to a T you can put a mind of one in another and there wouldn't be a difrence, you open up one exact duplicate you are pretty much fucking everything over.
    Last edited by Ferro; 09-18-2020 at 03:07 AM.

Also Jordan said no alternate universe characters (which would rule out Corporal Scott Summers and the Logan he’s hanging out with, as well as Dark Beast and any AOA folks still hanging out in 616), but what about Rachel and Bishop? They’re from alternate futures, yet they apparently gets a pass. If Bishop is allowed to be here, then Malcolm and Randall should, too.