Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

It’s a shame. Sinister won’t even vouch for his own creation, Madelyn.

Since Empath never crossed paths with Madelyn in this story arc. I wonder will that be brought up later. Will Empath be used to convince others to bring her back?

I felt bad for Maddy.

And Nanny always makes me chuckle.

Great issue. Not quite sure what happened when they cracked open Peter in the last issue, except that he splurged black goo all over Scrambler, killing him.

Is this the first time we've seen part of Nanny's actual body (her arm)?

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Laura should be save seeing how she is not a direct clone of Wolverine and more an artifical daughter, having her DNA so modified that she can't count as copy anymore.

Gabbby however seems quite in danger being a direct clone of Laura, if my memory serves me right and so do the Cuckoos being at least clones of another.
    However there is the high possibility that in their cases they will find some kind of loophole to justify replicating them, but leaving Maddie out.

For example with Gabby they might claim her different claw setup means her DNA has developed differently from Lauras and with that counts as unique individual. Not clue what they could argue for the cuckoos but they would likely find an explanation.

Overall it's farily obvious it was a choice made to remove an awkward situation from the table, especialy given Sinister's importance in the replication machinery and his seat on the council, with a convinient explanation.
    The Cuckoos have some slight differences, the most obvious being that they look naturally (as much as we can apply that term to them) the way Emma has used cosmetic surgery and hair coloring to appear. They are more artificial children than direct clones of Emma, and might only be considered clones of each other in the same way as identical twins and the like.

But damn, even as you know Maddie going down is for the best (her plan seemed to involve killing as many people as possible) you still feel for her.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    It’s a shame. Sinister won’t even vouch for his own creation, Madelyn.

Since Empath never crossed paths with Madelyn in this story arc. I wonder will that be brought up later. Will Empath be used to convince others to bring her back?
    How could he? Empath isnt a credible person nor does he have any clout. When he interacted with Maddie the first time, he was her puppet that she used and he ended up being imprisoned for a while as a result

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

I suspected that Kyle would fall for Kawannon. I also suspect that the real reason the council voted "no" on Maddie is because she's "inconvenient"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She's not real. Its not the same thing. Maddie was a psychic ghost created by X-man and given a magically altered body by Spiral to look like Jean. The original clone Maddie died and merged with Jean in Inferno. She was originally brought to life with a portion of Jean's soul and that and her memories merged with Jean where they've existed as one being ever since. This Maddie is a perversion of that
    Arkea and the Enchantresses genetically and magically altered a body to make it look like Jean for psychic ghost Maddy. Not Spiral. Otherwise you’re right.

Spectacular Member

Would Xavier even have an imprint of Maddy stored in Cerebro to use for her resurrection? If she was just a clone and not considered her own unique person than why waste the space storing her personality. Without a backup there would be nothing for Xavier to implant in a new body so the whole vote from the Council is unnecessary.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    How could he? Empath isnt a credible person nor does he have any clout. When he interacted with Maddie the first time, he was her puppet that she used and he ended up being imprisoned for a while as a result
    That’s my point.

Could psychic-spiritual-form Maddie use Empath’s powers to convince others to bring her back?

Wildchild will imprint on alpha female Kwannon.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It's a shame, really.
    I get why killing this iteration of the Goblin Queen was done, why it might have been necessary, and the deep questions surrounding resurrecting her...all absolutely plausible (the "real" Maddie died at the end of Inferno) but...
    I feel this iteration could have worked quite well as a major magical X-Villain going forward (for those very same reasons) as a rival Hell-Lord somewhat like Mephisto and Belasco, and as an arch nemesis for Illyana perhaps.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    It's a shame, really.
    I get why killing this iteration of the Goblin Queen was done, why it might have been necessary, and the deep questions surrounding resurrecting her...all absolutely plausible (the "real" Maddie died at the end of Inferno) but...
    I feel this iteration could have worked quite well as a major magical X-Villain going forward (for those very same reasons) as a rival Hell-Lord somewhat like Mephisto and Belasco, and as an arch nemesis for Illyana perhaps.
    Since this is the first time the X-Men and Sinister are on the same side, having Maddie join Krakoa too, would create hilarious hijinks that I was looking forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Arkea and the Enchantresses genetically and magically altered a body to make it look like Jean for psychic ghost Maddy. Not Spiral. Otherwise you’re right.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Basilisk View Post
    Would Xavier even have an imprint of Maddy stored in Cerebro to use for her resurrection? If she was just a clone and not considered her own unique person than why waste the space storing her personality. Without a backup there would be nothing for Xavier to implant in a new body so the whole vote from the Council is unnecessary.
    Why wouldnt he? Maddie's original memories lie within Jean so those already exist. I think he would have this version's memories bc if he didnt, then there wouldnt need to be a Council vote to bring her back

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    That’s my point.

Could psychic-spiritual-form Maddie use Empath’s powers to convince others to bring her back?

Wildchild will imprint on alpha female Kwannon.
    I guess I dont understand your point. Empath has no clout and his powers are likely to be ineffective against the numerous powerful telepaths on the Council. The one time he tried it on Emma, it ended up being disastrous for him. I cant see him being to influence Emma, Jean, Exodus, Xavier, Sinister and Apocalypse

Quote Originally Posted by Basilisk View Post
    If there has been a vote it is because they have their mind, otherwise they would not have wasted their time.

I have no doubt that Sinister is going to offer Alex a deal with the devil to resurrect Maddie.

It doesn't seem to me that the idea that this isn't the "real Maddie" is what's counting... They say she's not human as in that she's a mutant. They say that the debate is whether she's just a Jean clone or a "mutant on her own right". Honestly I find it quite shitty to not resurrect her...

Jean and Maddie have same energy to death