Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Anyone else think that Madelyne just pulled a Spock and placed herself into Havok's mind with the glowing hand and saying that he will remember her and Emma not prodding further into his mind.

Makes me wonder if we will be seeing a Mystique and Havok teaming up to revive Destiny and Madelyne.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tasuxeda View Post
    Anyone else think that Madelyne just pulled a Spock and placed herself into Havok's mind with the glowing hand and saying that he will remember her and Emma not prodding further into his mind.

Makes me wonder if we will be seeing a Mystique and Havok teaming up to revive Destiny and Madelyne.
    I don’t know about Havok’s mind. I doubt she’s dead though.

Who said her body actually dead? She was shot in the head and left for dead by the Marauders before.

Or if she’s dead, she was around for a long time as a psychic ghost. She was in Sinister’s base. Maybe she has another Jean clone body ready somewhere.

Maddie does magicky ****. Plenty of opportunity for sorcerers to come back to life.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Havok is going to bring her back and indirectly will cause the Inferno II thats been teased
    With SinisterÂ’s help or does he have someone else do it?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Havok...the Goblin King (I can't wait to see his GK costume)
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Astonishing Member

Havok is going to bring her back and indirectly will cause the Inferno II thats been teased
    From your lips to God's ears :-)

So let me get this straight, Maddie is finally used after over 5 years since she was brought back to life, thrown into limbo, and replaced in usage in favor of her Secret Wars leftover counterpart only to be unceremoniously killed off by a single bullet and then denied a resurrection on the grounds of being a clone despite the fact that, for all intents and purposes, she was her own individual completely separate from Jean rather than simply a duplicate. And mind you, all of this could have been avoided had they actually acknowledged her existence and invited her to Krakoa in the first place, something that they even allowed for monsters like Apocalypse and Selene. What the actual hell?

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    With SinisterÂ’s help or does he have someone else do it?
    No clue but Im still convinced that Jean didnt die in HoX and there are two of her currently alive. I think a twist would be for Maddie to get control of one of those bodies. If shes laying dormant in Havok's mind, she could be biding time until she is able to do that. Jean better watch herself around Alex bc I can see him (with influence from Maddie) killing her so that Maddie can take control. The OG Jean in space could come back with the PF to fight her during Inferno II on Krakoa

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    So let me get this straight, Maddie is finally used after over 5 years since she was brought back to life, thrown into limbo, and replaced in usage in favor of her Secret Wars leftover counterpart only to be unceremoniously killed off by a single bullet and then denied a resurrection on the grounds of being a clone despite the fact that, for all intents and purposes, she was her own individual completely separate from Jean rather than simply a duplicate. And mind you, all of this could have been avoided had they actually acknowledged her existence and invited her to Krakoa in the first place, something that they even allowed for monsters like Apocalypse and Selene. What the actual hell?
    Maddie was invited; she chose to come. Xavier sent out a telepathic invite to all mutants in HOX/POX. Im thinking Maddie wanted something more personal and intimate

I really don't know sometimes how you can see only in the short term. It's EVIDENT to me that Havok is going to try to resurrect Maddie. Like, I don't know how the comic could make it clearer.

Extraordinary Member

The main story was underwhelming. Some cool moments here and there but otherwise lots of wasted pages where more story/character could have been explored. The closing pages were pretty good though and saved it for me. Maddie is a mess, and as far as inconsistent Krakoan policy, which I love picking on, she is really not the one whose continuity is best for arguing how things should be handled. I do feel for Alex though and hope it is not over for them.

Spectacular Member

Makes you wonder if she had died in defense of krakoa instead of as a combatant would the vote have been different.

Maddie was invited; she chose to come. Xavier sent out a telepathic invite to all mutants in HOX/POX. Im thinking Maddie wanted something more personal and intimate
    Based on what she said last issue plus the fact that in this issue they even needed to debate on resurrecting her only to declare no, I don’t think that she was. It seems that due to her being declared a duplicate due to being a clone of Jean, they barred her from coming. Honestly, the whole thing is seriously messed up in that due to the nature of her birth, something that she had no control of, despite being a mutant, she’s viewed in an expendable light compared to others. It’s honestly a hypocrisy in that they wish for acceptance yet do not accept one of their own because she’s a clone despite being a completely different person than the one she was cloned from.

Quote Originally Posted by Basilisk View Post
    Makes you wonder if she had died in defense of krakoa instead of as a combatant would the vote have been different.
    Of course yes. But when you plan to unleash an army of demon-possessed clones into a nation, it's hard for that nation to be merciful to you.

Amazing Member

I think the obvious indignation towards bringing Maddie back is on purpose to fuel desire for Havok (and readers) to have her brought back. Is Maddie a mutant, or just piggy backing off her cloned bodies powers? Is she a sorceress who really don’t have mutant abilities?

I genuinely wish we could have seen the Council debate. Sinister and Emma arguing over that would have been gold

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Of course yes. But when you plan to unleash an army of demon-possessed clones into a nation, it's hard for that nation to be merciful to you.
    I agree and I believe this had to be part of the debate. She was openly speaking of invading the island.

Quote Originally Posted by zexion_armando View Post
    I think the obvious indignation towards bringing Maddie back is on purpose to fuel desire for Havok (and readers) to have her brought back. Is Maddie a mutant, or just piggy backing off her cloned bodies powers? Is she a sorceress who really don’t have mutant abilities?
    Very good point. I'm sure one of the experts here can answer the powers questions.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!