Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    And? X-men sucked before hox +pox and will probably suck afterward. Just enjoy the story and stop thinking about what future writers will do 5 years from now....
    Future writers provide context, Hickman's not writing in a vacuum. He's picked up things from prior runs himself. Many X-men runs in the past have been terrible, and many have been good - that's just comics. If they weren't "good" runs Hickman wouldn't be writing X-men on this scale, they'd be an obscure relic in Marvel like the Inhumans are.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    My point is pretty obvious.

Most hickman created characters are forgettable. Nobody clamors for a Hickman story off what he does with his original characters.
    And like so? You still haven't explained how that's a bad thing.

Yes anyone who knows Hickman's Works know that he is a plot over character guy any day of the week he creates characters to serve the plot and when he's done with stories those characters are there for any writer to pick up and use if they so choose.

And forgettable? That's definitely subjective in fact I'd argue that his characters are pretty memorable within the story that he's telling. Again that has more to do with your personal preference than his writing ability.

BANNED

Anyways stan isca, genesis/anihilation, war, death, pestilence, famine, bei, white sword, the summoner, red root, pog ur pogg, sollem and red root

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Anyways stan isca, genesis/anihilation, war, death, pestilence, famine, bei, white sword, the summoner, red root, pog ur pogg, sollem and red root
    Low key hope we see more of Isca and the White Sword those two stood out to me the most.

"Nobody cares about Hickman's OC"

Hickman's OCs are literally in two of the highest grossing movies of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post

True, although to be fair, both in MCU and in the comics, the only memorable one was Ebony Maw. Everyone else was kind of forgettable.

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    True, although to be fair, both in MCU and in the comics, the only memorable one was Ebony Maw. Everyone else was kind of forgettable.
    Proxima Midnight is THAT bitch
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

they were also in marvel ultimate alliance 3

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    they were also in marvel ultimate alliance 3
    And they had their own limited series. Few teams of villains can boast of that.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I care about HiX-Man's OC.
    I think they've been quite interesting, for the most part. I can understand why other readers may not be as enthused but...whatever. I aint gots time fuh dem.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I’m thinking Genesis is actually Annihilation it’s just summoner throwing Apoc a curveball. I’m wondering where the “others” went seeking salvation...

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    And? X-men sucked before hox +pox and will probably suck after this run. Just enjoy the story and stop thinking about what futureure writers will do 5 years from now....
    Agreed. I'm mainly here for the run itself and will very likely jump ship again once Hickman is gone (and hope he goes over to DC for Superman, the Titans and/or the Legion). It will be a pleasant surprise if we get another new era that utilizes his stuff well along with bringing it's own brand of NEW stuff (which people will label as bad OCs), but we can't know for certain until it arrives.

I'm expecting the X-Men to fall into another rut after this era, but that's the nature of the beast and none of this is unique to either them or Hickman.

The new (old) Four Horsemen also have "tailor made for the MCU" written all over them. If we're getting Apocalypse there, I imagine we'll get them as his backup as well.

Because let's be real, aside from Warren as Death, Apocalypse's various minion teams haven't yielded any all time greats. Hickman's OC's are already a vast improvement based on design and backstory/lore alone

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I care about HiX-Man's OC.
    I think they've been quite interesting, for the most part. I can understand why other readers may not be as enthused but...whatever. I aint gots time fuh dem.
    I am mainly here for his OCs and lore additions.
    As long as he mixes them in with the major iconic characters and other stuff from the original Claremont era and Morrison era, I'm happy. Nothing else from any of the other eras is a draw for me.

What I loved about this issue, is that you get some insight into Apocalypse's "survival of the fittest" mindset. We get more clarity into his motivations and I'm loving Hickman's deep dive into ancient mutant history, its fascinating.

Incredible Member

I like the new characters so far, and whether a later writer is able to use them or not doesn't matter that much to me. They fit the current story well and allow him to move ahead in the way he wants to. Some of them do seem to have the potential to be important.

The more interesting thing for me is what has been set up so far, and what is still to come. Any, and all, future writers have years worth of stories just following what's been done so far. A complete reset was probably needed because everything was just being rehashed over and over again. What Hickman has done is get everyone away from the status quo. I understand that some people liked things as they were, but if I'm honest a brand new direction has given me a renewed interest in comics I was buying just for the sake of it. Now, I'm actually looking forward to each issue again in a way I probably haven't for over 30 years. For that alone he deserves my congratulations. I enjoyed the issue by the way.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chessboxer View Post
    What I loved about this issue, is that you get some insight into Apocalypse's "survival of the fittest" mindset. We get more clarity into his motivations and I'm loving Hickman's deep dive into ancient mutant history, its fascinating.
    Exactatiously. After years of mediocre, unimginative, uninteresting drivel....
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!