Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I was so bored

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Nice to get slowly introduced to 4 players of XoS: Isca, the Unbeaten, the White Sword, Genesis and Annihilation. Do they all have a different point of view and goals, makes them interesting.

I for one hope these 4 will stay after XoS all seems interesting. The White Sword seemed least interesting at first, but hell, he is cool!
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Now we know why Evan was killed off. Other than not wanting clones.
    When did that happen?
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I was so bored
    This issue really was a a boring waste.
    "Oh you want your favorite characters? Too bad they do nothing. Now here's page after page of Hickman's retcon fanfic and OCs"

On the one hand, oddly enough, I think Apocalypse is right about this. The morally correct thing to do is rescue the mutants trapped in Arakko.

But he has decided to unilaterally drag Krakoa into a war with an enemy that he could not defeat thousands of years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Nice to get slowly introduced to 4 players of XoS: Isca, the Unbeaten, the White Sword, Genesis and Annihilation. Do they all have a different point of view and goals, makes them interesting.

I for one hope these 4 will stay after XoS all seems interesting. The White Sword seemed least interesting at first, but hell, he is cool!
    They are hyping Solem as Logan's new arch enemy so no doubt some are going to survive the event. With how the power of Isca works, it is likely that at some point she will join Krakoa.

If you were Isca The Unbeaten, wouldn’t you just try letting yourself go to seed and see if it still worked?

Absolutely fantastic. I've been anxiously awaiting more info on Arakko and Hickman delivered for me. I loved everything about the backstory and it's cool that Amenth has Summoners too. Between this and Excalibur, it's a strong start to the crossover.

Looking forward to seeing how Hickman utilizes Banshee and Unus as well.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    "Oh you want your favorite characters? Too bad they do nothing. Now here's page after page of Hickman's retcon fanfic and OCs"
    Yeah, X-Men comics should always have the same characters that we like facing the same old enemies, that will be very healthy for the franchise and not boring or repetitive at all.

Phenomenal issue. Loved the world building of Arakko and the mutants there. Ready for this war to begin!

Well, thankfully there are people who read comics for more than just their favorite characters

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    I don't have a problem with world building I'm just kind of stoned and this was hard to keep up with thus I was bored the rest of what you said sounds like personal problem that's on u my dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post

This issue was great. This is how you set up a major story, this along with Excalibur (itself starting with action and surprises). People have complained about wanting new characters/enemies, and they have delivered here. Not just empty characters, but characters with back-story and motive. You almost want to be on the side of Arrako. Of course, I'll stick with our own mutants when it comes down to it. But they have created a world here where they can create stories of this world independent of the X-Men. Thousands of years of story and battle there. Good work.

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Well, thankfully there are people who read comics for more than just their favorite characters
    You'd never know it, reading this board. I did like this issue, worldbuilding is one of Hickman's strong suits and I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMan View Post
    This issue was great. This is how you set up a major story, this along with Excalibur (itself starting with action and surprises). People have complained about wanting new characters/enemies, and they have delivered here. Not just empty characters, but characters with back-story and motive. You almost want to be on the side of Arrako. Of course, I'll stick with our own mutants when it comes down to it. But they have created a world here where they can create stories of this world independent of the X-Men. Thousands of years of story and battle there. Good work.
    Agreed. It will be interesting to see how these mutants will acclimate, or not, and if they'll stay on their island or what. If their island even exists afterwards. So much potential and so many ways this could go.

•-[A]-• had a wife.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Yeah, X-Men comics should always have the same characters that we like facing the same old enemies, that will be very healthy for the franchise and not boring or repetitive at all.
    Maybe the X-men comics should have the X-men in them.