Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

This sounds like very interesting world building. Honestly, injecting mew life into Apocalypse and Sinister is one of this era's biggest achievements.

Can't wait to pick up my issue this weekend. Though I will probably stick to the Hickman only issues while the singles are coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Yeah, X-Men comics should always have the same characters that we like facing the same old enemies, that will be very healthy for the franchise and not boring or repetitive at all.
    Yes, at one point the likes of Emma, the Hellfire Club, Nimrod, Sinister, Shadow King, Proteus, etc. were all brand new OCs. The X-Men became what they are by introducing newer threats.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    This issue really was a a boring waste.
    "Oh you want your favorite characters? Too bad they do nothing. Now here's page after page of Hickman's retcon fanfic and OCs"
    This is a bad take lol.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    When did that happen?
    Evan was killed in AgeofXMan apparently. You'd think he'd come in as useful during this era....

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    This sounds like very interesting world building. Honestly, injecting mew life into Apocalypse and Sinister is one of this era's biggest achievements.

Can't wait to pick up my issue this weekend. Though I will probably stick to the Hickman only issues while the singles are coming out.

Yes, at one point the likes of Emma, the Hellfire Club, Nimrod, Sinister, Shadow King, Proteus, etc. were all brand new OCs. The X-Men became what they are by introducing newer threats.
    Disagree big time on Sinister. He used to give me chills he was so creepy, now he's creepy funny.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Disagree big time on Sinister. He used to give me chills he was so creepy, now he's creepy funny.
    Sinister was a joke before Kieron Gillen, and not in a funny way. At least he's funny now.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Eh, creepy funny is a vast improvement to me as I never really cared for him before hand. Oddly, I think he needs some deliberate camp injected into him in order for me to take him seriously.
    But I'll leave it at that, this is about the new issue and I think Sinister has been discussed enough elsewhere

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Agreed. It will be interesting to see how these mutants will acclimate, or not, and if they'll stay on their island or what. If their island even exists afterwards. So much potential and so many ways this could go.

•-[A]-• had a wife.
    Dammit...I've been found out! (I told Xaddy it wouldn't last, but does he ever listen....?)
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

This issue really was a a boring waste.
    "Oh you want your favorite characters? Too bad they do nothing. Now here's page after page of Hickman's retcon fanfic and OCs"
    Ugh comic book fans are the worst. Here you have Hickman painstakingly detailing the backstory and setting the stage for the major event he's about to unleash an event he's been building up in the background for over a year now and you don't like it because it doesn't feature your favorite characters shooting lasers from their eyes.

No wonder the X-men titles was stuck in a creative limbo for 20 years if this is all some fans want.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Ugh comic book fans are the worst. Here you have Hickman painstakingly detailing the backstory and setting the stage for the major event he's about to unleash and event he's been building up in the background for over a year now and you don't like it because it doesn't feature your favorite characters shooting lasers from their eyes.

No wonder the X-men titles was stuck in a creative limbo for 20 years if this is all some fans want.
    I agree...
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

Maybe the X-men comics should have the X-men in them.
    We need to know who the new X-Men villains are. Their motivations, their origins. If not, why should we care?

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    We need to know who the new X-Men villains are. Their motivations, their origins. If not, why should we care?
    Exactly. I guess some people just prefer "The Russians" or Golden girls....
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Phenomenal issue. Loved the world building of Arakko and the mutants there. Ready for this war to begin!
    Agreed. This secret history of the first age of mutants is fascinating. I greatly enjoyed it. Looking forward to the war!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Agreed. This secret history of the first age of mutants is fascinating. I greatly enjoyed it. Looking forward to the war!
    Interesting tidbit but Apocalypse is referred to as the first mutant of the SECOND age of mutantdom. I'm guessing that still makes Selene the first/oldest mutant ever.

Astonishing Member

The grandson is going to be so disappointed when Apocalypse shows his true colors.

This was world building at it's finest, no complaints here as I loved the issue and will greatly miss Yu on art.