Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    The grandson is going to be so disappointed when Apocalypse shows his true colors.
    I think Apocalypse is going to be the one disappointed at being lied to because I think the evil faction got beat and are the ones enslaved and now they are going to free them thinking they are the good guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    I think Apocalypse is going to be the one disappointed at being lied to because I think the evil faction got beat and are the ones enslaved and now they are going to free them thinking they are the good guys.
    Yeah I think that Genesis is still alive and became the leader of the demons and the other tribe of mutants. Now she wants revenge on hubby for abandoning her.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Interesting tidbit but Apocalypse is referred to as the first mutant of the SECOND age of mutantdom. I'm guessing that still makes Selene the first/oldest mutant ever.
    I look forward to hearing more of the first age of Mutants as well as the Genesis/Apocalypse family. I always wanted Selene and Apocalypse to get together. Never crossed my mind that he has a bad ass wife already who is still around ( i think she may still be alive.....) . If she ends up dying maybe the the 1st mutant from the first age (Selene) will get with the 1st from the 2nd age (Apocalypse).

I have to say I have been somewhat dissapoint in X-men as of late. IMO half the time it felt like filler between HOX/POX and X of swords. Now that we are getting into X of swords I am excite.
    Last edited by FIGHT; 09-16-2020 at 12:02 PM.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

Interesting tidbit but Apocalypse is referred to as the first mutant of the SECOND age of mutantdom. I'm guessing that still makes Selene the first/oldest mutant ever.
    Yes, it is an elegant way to differentiate them.

I guess Namor is perhaps the first of another generation.

Astonishing Member

Are the first generation the Externals?

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    This was world building at it's finest, no complaints here as I loved the issue and will greatly miss Yu on art.
    Yu grew on me. Gonna miss that mofo.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

Someone needs to remind the writers that Chamber is a relative of Apocalypse

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Either way someone is going to be disappointed. The grandson might be an unwitting pawn in all of this for all we know.

Mighty Member

Great issue. Excited for X of Swords.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

This was great. Very intriguing world building. Obviously Summoner's story is not entirely true, looking forward to seeing the truth and the rest of the story. Yu's art was fine but he wouldn't be my first choice of artist to create a fantastical, demonic world from another dimension.

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    Yu grew on me. Gonna miss that mofo.
    This issue really catered to Yu's strengths. He's not the best at giving characters expression, but he is great with splash pages and design. Having him basically illustrate an epic narration is perfect for his talents.

I liked the issue a lot. It was a little Claremontian, but it was more precise and the clever character bits made it avoid the cheesy, cliched pitfalls that CC often repeats. I'm already more intrigued by Genesis, Annihilation, and Isca (in particular) than any of the Neo or Vargas or those stupid beach/surf twins.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Good issue, it got me excited for X of Swords, it has a Lord of the Rings feel to me

I think Genesis and Annihilation have become the same person so in a way Apocalypse is going to combart his wife but also a version of himself because the previous incarnations of his character were of that mentality, pretty interesting and I guess he got Krakoa to help him not only because it will save those mutants still trapped on Arrako but also because they have to keep those demons from entering into their dimension again. Maybe Thatīs the discussion he and Magneto have on the creation issue.

Whatīs still left to explain is what relation has the Twilight Sword here, maybe he wants to use it to close up the link between dimensions, that Sword was used last time by Morgan Le Fey to change reality so who knows what would Apocalypse do if he gets a hold of it.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Incredible Member

Bloody hell. Banshee got a line of dialogue.

Bloody good issue to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    Banshee got a line of dialogue.
    He still sounded like a drone though lol.

I know we saw Unus in some preview art, but so random!

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Phenomenal issue. Loved the world building of Arakko and the mutants there. Ready for this war to begin!
    Me too... I loved the wordl building, the art and the pace.... so ready for XoS!
    A picture would last longer darling...