Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
    BANNED

genesis, annihilation, we are watching a comic legend be born.

Mighty Member

7AE1F678-8F6C-46CC-A358-7DCC1A37FAB3.jpg
    They should expand on this to show where Arrako and Anmeth are in relation to Otherworld
    Last edited by Rnap22; 09-18-2020 at 01:27 PM.

This issue was everythingggg I loved it!!

rich lore for the mutants
    and the new characters look really cool

This was incredible. He added so much history here, that can be used to tell stories for years to come.

Mighty Member

This is a lot of interesting stuff.

It's a lot of interesting stuff presented in one of the worst ways possible. Like craming the entire backstory of an event into a single issue right ahead of the event that you informed people of well ahead of time is just, it's a fucking info dump and a half and i can't get behind writing like that. It's just not well paced, especially when you had well over 10 issues to address it much earlier and more naturally.

Mighty Member

Also this book is so peak Hickman OC. It feels just like the starbrand, Ex Nihilo, the Builders, Children of Tomorrow, the Black priests on and on and on and on

AND IT'S ALL FORGETTABLE OUTSIDE OF THE BLACK ORDER, THANOS' HENCHMEN WITH NO BACKSTORY WHO JUST LOOK COOL AND HAVE COOL POWERS

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    7AE1F678-8F6C-46CC-A358-7DCC1A37FAB3.jpg
    They should expand on this to show where Arrako and Anmeth are in relation to Otherworld
    It's a 22 part series with data pages in each issue Trust and Believe Hickman will have a map lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Also this book is so peak Hickman OC. It feels just like the starbrand, Ex Nihilo, the Builders, Children of Tomorrow, the Black priests on and on and on and on

AND IT'S ALL FORGETTABLE OUTSIDE OF THE BLACK ORDER, THANOS' HENCHMEN WITH NO BACKSTORY WHO JUST LOOK COOL AND HAVE COOL POWERS
    Those were complety new unatached to pre established concepts and characters, and didnt have the build up arrako has had.

They are an expansion on apocalypse, who is by far one of the breakout stars of this new era and a dark mirror to krakoa, they have a backstory that has been hinted ever since pox 4, we have cared about the original horsemen and the other island for a year now, these are main characters not just henchmen or enemies.

And also x-men stans are way more receptive to crazy stuff than avengers stans lets be real, avenger's stories are pedestrian compared to x-men
    Last edited by Ferro; 09-19-2020 at 02:03 AM.

Astonishing Member

This is a lot of interesting stuff.

It's a lot of interesting stuff presented in one of the worst ways possible. Like craming the entire backstory of an event into a single issue right ahead of the event that you informed people of well ahead of time is just, it's a fucking info dump and a half and i can't get behind writing like that. It's just not well paced, especially when you had well over 10 issues to address it much earlier and more naturally.
    This is such a weird complaint to have right off the bat cuz this is issue 0 of a 22 part event...

Also very poorly worded that this issue was poorly paced when it's essentially part 2 the backstory of krakoa which we got back in HoX along with explanation on how and why Summoner came here. This says nothing for the fact that Summoner will most likely be an unreliable narrator when things get revealed later on.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Those were complety new unatached to pre established concepts and characters, and didnt have the build up arrako has had.

They are an expansion on apocalypse, who is by far one of the breakout stars of this new era and a dark mirror to krakoa, they have a backstory that has been hinted ever since pox 4, we have cared about the original horsemen and the other island for a year now, these are main characters not just henchmen or enemies.

And also x-men stans are way more receptive to crazy stuff than avengers stans lets be real, avenger's stories are pedestrian compared to x-men
    I read Avengers and new Avengers, they ABSOLUTELY had as much build up as Arrako did. And a bunch of the stuff tied into new Universe, NO STAYING POWER.

Also break out star? What circles are you running in. He's had a dope single issue of X-men and leads the worst book of the line up that's not currently cancelled. Krakoa Wolverine, Apocalypse is not.

Also don't make me laugh, X-men chucks stuff all the time. I don't for a second believe more than maybe 2 of that group from arrako makes it beyond this era. Especially when Hickman brings in all his other new toys for other arcs, as he is want to do.
    Last edited by Woozie; 09-19-2020 at 02:48 AM.

I read Avengers and new Avengers, they ABSOLUTELY had as much build up as Arrako did. And a bunch of the stuff tied into new Universe, NO STAYING POWER.

Also break out star? What circles are you running in. He's had a dope single issue of X-men and leads the worst book of the line up that's not currently cancelled. Krakoa Wolverine, Apocalypse is not.

Also don't make me laugh, X-men chucks stuff all the time. I don't for a second believe more than maybe 2 of that group from arrako makes it beyond this era. Especially when Hickman brings in all his other new toys for other arcs, as he is want to do.
    Infinity didn't have as much build-up as this and it sucked lol If you compare events, compare the right ones.

his Avengers experience wasn't even nearly as wide and cohesive as this one.

Breakout star doesn't mean Apocalypse needs to be everywhere, he's the new addition to the team that has been more relevant to the franchise, since he's the driving force behind their first big event.
    Last edited by Veitha; 09-19-2020 at 03:09 AM.

Astonishing Member

Tbh what's your point? That you don't care for Hickman's OC's which alright that's fair not sure how that's a critique on the writer, or the fact that other writers don't use the characters he creates which really isn't Hickman's fault.

Hickman create characters that serve his stories and weaves them into his narratives. He isn't all too concerned about creating characters with "STAYING POWER" saying nothing of the fact that Marvel has pretty much butchered the portrayals of some if his other characters (Starbrand, Nightmask, Thane, Ebony Maw, The Maker, Corvus Glaive) I don't trust them to do any of the character Hickman writes any justice once he's done telling his X-men story lol
    Last edited by loke13; 09-19-2020 at 03:19 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Infinity didn't have as much build-up as this and it sucked lol If you compare events, compare the right ones.

his Avengers experience wasn't even nearly as wide and cohesive as this one.

Breakout star doesn't mean Apocalypse needs to be everywhere, he's the new addition to the team that has been more relevant to the franchise, since he's the driving force behind their first big event.
    I didn't say Infinity had as much build up as this. I said the opposite. My statement was that Hickman's OCs rarely land, and the ones that did before were the Black Order who came along with no backstories and just cool powers

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Tbh what's your point? That you don't care for Hickman's OC's which alright that's fair not sure how that's a critique on the writer, or the fact that other writers don't use the characters he creates which really isn't Hickman's fault.

Hickman create characters that serve his stories and weaves them into his narratives. He isn't all too concerned about creating characters with "STAYING POWER" saying nothing of the fact that Marvel has pretty much butchered the portrayals of some if his other characters (Starbrand, Nightmask, Thane, Ebony Maw, The Maker, Corvus Glaive) I don't trust them to do any of the character Hickman writes any justice once he's done telling his X-men story lol
    My point is pretty obvious.

Most hickman created characters are forgettable. Nobody clamors for a Hickman story off what he does with his original characters.

My point is pretty obvious.

Most hickman created characters are forgettable. Nobody clamors for a Hickman story off what he does with his original characters.
    And? X-men sucked before hox +pox and will probably suck after this run. Just enjoy the story and stop thinking about what futureure writers will do 5 years from now....
    Last edited by FIGHT; 09-19-2020 at 05:28 AM.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.