Fancasting Anya Corazon/Spidergirl

Victoria Justice as Anya/Spider girl in rumored SpiderWoman movie directed by Olivia Wilde. What do u guys think? Shes Latina too and fits her physical description pretty well. Brunette with brown eyes.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Don't know where they are from, and i'm not meaning to substantiate any rumors (true or false) about this by contributing.(if that is what this becomes about?)
    Otherwise, just adding to the convo of casting any hypothetical Anya Corazon/Spider-Girl/Araña

I prefer the younger, more self-made urban take on her...
    So Justice seems a bit to old.
    Isabela Moner is a bit closer in age (still to old), and might be recently overused.
    Becky G who played the Yellow Ranger, Age?
    Yvette Monreal, although she is already Wildcat at DC
    Jenna Marie Ortega (played the young Jane the virgin)

Although they a;ll mostly seem to old.

Last edited by Güicho; 09-16-2020 at 11:09 AM.

Becky G would be a good choice too. Victoria Justice might be 27 but she still has them youtful looks imo she would be perfect for this role if movie actually includes Anya's character.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Don't know where they are from, and i'm not meaning to substantiate any rumors (true or false) about this by contributing.(if that is what this becomes about?)
    Otherwise, just adding to the convo of casting any hypothetical Anya Corazon/Spider-Girl/Araña

So Justice seems a bit to old.
    Isabela Moner is a bit closer in age (still to old), and might be recently overused.
    Becky G who played the Yellow Ranger, Age?
    Yvette Monreal, although she is already Wildcat at DC

Although they a;ll mostly seem to old.

^^^I like the self made urban take on Araña too, Güicho.
    My casting suggestion for that version would be Jenna Ortega...:

From a Disney show called Stuck in The Middle. Hispanic, 17 years old right now, and when i went to Google an image of her, i found her at the premiere of Spider-man Homecoming, rocking a comics inspired top and doing the classic THWIP maneuver. That’s pretty coincidental, in a good way.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post

----
    ^^^I like the self made urban take on Araña too, Güicho.
    My casting suggestion for that version would be Jenna Ortega...:

From a Disney show called Stuck in The Middle. Hispanic, 17 years old right now, and when i went to Google an image of her, i found her at the premiere of Spider-man Homecoming, rocking a comics inspired top and doing the classic THWIP maneuver. That’s pretty coincidental, in a good way.
    LOL Yeah, she's great!
    Smart girl, if Disney/Marvel / (Sony?) is paying attention, she might have just photo-opped herself into the role, with that one shot!

Last edited by Güicho; 09-17-2020 at 05:09 AM.

I can always see them aging her up tho or skipping through her high school years like how Macguire/Garfield did. Unless she's meant to continue the high school year take that Holland focused on.

Yeah, my choice is Jenna Ortega too. The fact that she is also of mexican and puertorrican descent just like Anya is a bonus, apart of her being a overall good with the right age to play her.

Rosa Salazar
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Extraordinary Member

Isabella Gomez

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Rosa Salazar
    She's way too old. If a movie starts production now, give it or take around two years to be released, she'll be pushing her 40's (she's 35 now).

Another one, and she has actually expressed interest in playing Anya, is Rachel Zegler. She's practically a unknonwn now, but she is set to make her acting debut in the upcoming Spielberg remake of West Side Story playing the main female lead, Maria.

Again, utterly unknown at this point, but you really have to have something to catch Spielberg's eyes.

LOL she's great!
    Smart girl, if Disney/Marvel is paying attention, she might have just photo-opped herself into the role, with that one shot!
    Great call.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Yeah, my choice is Jenna Ortega too. The fact that she is also of mexican and puertorrican descent just like Anya is a bonus, apart of her being a overall good with the right age to play her.
    ^^^sweet, didn’t know if anyone'd go for that choice!

Another one, and she has actually expressed interest in playing Anya, is Rachel Zegler. She's practically a unknonwn now, but she is set to make her acting debut in the upcoming Spielberg remake of West Side Story playing the main female lead, Maria.

Again, utterly unknown at this point, but you really have to have something to catch Spielberg's eyes.
    ^^^she's very pretty. I’d never heard of her, but wow, she’s starring in a Spielberg version of West Side Story?
    I’ve got to keep an eye out for more updates on that.

Isabelle Merced from Instant family and the Dora movie.

That's a great pic! Yeah, she's my top choice for Anya!

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Isabelle Merced from Instant family and the Dora movie.
    Heh, when that Dora trailer dropped I did got some Araña vibes from it. I even made a gifset with gifs of Guyver. It was the moment where she used her yo-yo as a bola that really sold me.

Extraordinary Member

See, I had her fancasted as America Chavez