Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    I have two questions here.

What is Doug's role here ? I can't really see how he helped Storm where other Mutants couldn't. Maybe I missed something.
    He had none... He just was there to meet the Techno-Organic being that was detached from Ororo's body.

What is the meaning of mutant version of Bambi?
    I would like to think that Lin Li would be the mutant version of Bambi.
    Last edited by Micabe; 09-16-2020 at 01:13 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

it was a cute issue. my key takeaways from it:

- Loved that Ororo was not resolved to accepting death because of the resurrection. The insight to why she valued life was very powerful.

- I liked that Ororo and Monet were working together for the goal of saving Ororo's life. Seeing black women characters not being snippy and shady with one another was really nice to see.

- Ororo being a leader without being obnoxious about said role was also nice to see. (Kitty take note)

- Ororo mentioning the environment and taking out all the machines attacking them before collapsing due to the virus was really nice.

- Ororo claiming that she was a mutant then follower by her proclaiming "No" and then stating she was a goddess definitely gave me subtle reference to Mr. Coates writing where he states Ororo bloodline and connection to divinity goes deeper than any mutation. That was perhaps the best moment for me.

Overall, it was a cool issue but not great; however, seeing that this was described by Hivkman/Duaterman as a setup for things to come for her i thought it was a cool setup issue.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

OMG i LOLed at "let her talk. She's good at talking." LMAO. Now i like Emma but that line about said it all. why get mad at someone who can only talk at you and emma did meant well in her own way. Let's see how she feels when she's about to die and will have to get her cosmetic surgery redone. Which i only thought about because she was talking about Storm making some changes to herself. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    OMG i LOLed at "let her talk. She's good at talking." LMAO. Now i like Emma but that line about said it all. why get mad at someone who can only talk at you and emma did meant well in her own way. Let's see how she feels when she's about to die and will have to get her cosmetic surgery redone. Which i only thought about because she was talking about Storm making some changes to herself. lol
    yup ororo know miss Emma aint about that life lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

Yea I can live with their relationship being like this lol. I don't think Emma was being a bitch so much as she was trying to get under Ororo's skin to help her gain the will to live. She's helping in her own way and I respect that Ororo didn't just take it. You just know that Ororo really doesn't have a problem throwing hands with Emma so she just lets her talk lol. Great character work all around with beautiful art, it wasn't amazing but I think it's the strongest of the Giant-Sizes.

Reading this slow and loving it.

Ummm is anyone else starting to get really freaked out with creepy dough. He's hiding the robot civilization that he gave the mansion to in Giant size nightcrawler, he's hiding the techno being in this issue, and i'm pretty sure he secretly communicated with one other group and then on top of it infecting krakoa with the virus during house of x. It seems no one is watching doug when he has so much power and knowledge right now and i think him being referred to as bambi says a lot. Right now he's not the most harmless being him and warlock have the most power.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

dauterman DID THAT. the slow shifting of the eyes from blue to a glowing fierce white with the rumbling of thunder, them white eyebrows.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Yea I can live with their relationship being like this lol. I don't think Emma was being a bitch so much as she was trying to get under Ororo's skin to help her gain the will to live. She's helping in her own way and I respect that Ororo didn't just take it. You just know that Ororo really doesn't have a problem throwing hands with Emma so she just lets her talk lol. Great character work all around with beautiful art, it wasn't amazing but I think it's the strongest of the Giant-Sizes.
    I loved it. I also really like Emma and Storm to me they are like the Vicki and Dorian (oltl reference) of the X-men. I feel they have a relationship where they won't let any enemy touch each other but they would lay them hands on each other. I call that evolution. lol.Also i feel whether either admits it or not because of the body mind swap they have a deeper understanding of each other than they like to give off and that's what they both really don't like.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Yooo why is everyone sleeping on Storm's feat here. It is implied that the enviorment of the world lacks real enviormental factors such as wind. Storm was able to seize control of the micro components of the enviorment and the small swarming machines (yes machines, much like in coate's bp where she took control of all the micro climates of the space ships) and transformed them building blocks (primal forces) to a weapon, wind. Storm transmuted micro machine organisms into the wind of the world itself. If that ain't omega goddess i don't know what is.

Nothing was blowing when they arrived in the world as well until Storm created the first wind.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Doug was there for the suspense of him seeing an ominous computer mind gaining sentience and being chill about it.

We know from HoXPoX that sentient computer minds are the ultimate big bad of Hickman X-Men.

Doug being Bambi means he's a helpless fawn that no one should ever be bothered to attack because he's harmless. Or so the X-Men think. But we have seen him infecting Mutant Island with a bio-computer virus.
    So many secret threats so little time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    So many secret threats so little time.
    He really is all over the place with these sentient being secrets.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member

Reading this slow and loving it.

Ummm is anyone else starting to get really freaked out with creepy dough. He's hiding the robot civilization that he gave the mansion to in Giant size nightcrawler, he's hiding the techno being in this issue, and i'm pretty sure he secretly communicated with one other group and then on top of it infecting krakoa with the virus during house of x. It seems no one is watching doug when he has so much power and knowledge right now and i think him being referred to as bambi says a lot. Right now he's not the most harmless being him and warlock have the most power.
    Considering the importance of the Technarcy in the whole "become part of a Dominion" plot in Hox/Pox it's fairly obvious there is something brewing around Doug and his connection to these techno-organic beings which might eventualy blow the lid of the kettle.

An important question here would be if Xavier is aware of it?
    I wouldn't rule out that he might actualy desire getting the mutants to join the Phallanx first. After all we still don't know what his endgame is in all of this. Having taken the wrong lesson from Moira's memories perhaps.

Similar Krakoa, being allready a hive mind of sort, might be quite interested in joining a larger one, using the mutants as bargain chip. Only playing along and being the friendly paradise island to get all mutants under it's wrap.

Or perhaps Doug has far more positive motives, knowing something Moira doesn't and actualy trying to sabotage her and Xavier's plan for a better future of mankind entirely.

Monet + Douglock = best new pairing

Give me more, Hickman!

-Pav, who loved the issue...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post

Give me more, Hickman!

Right?!? I was surprised by how much panel time they'd share and how good it was to see. (I'm a little disappointed there wasn't really any Emma/Monet, but this made up for it).

I particularly enjoyed how Hickman and Dauterman portrayed her as more of a distant and analytical confident woman reminiscent of her roots in Gen X. This was a nice merger of her portrayal as a more brash and crabby person in X-Factor.

MORE PLEASE.

Now I can't help but want to see a book with Monet, Doug, Deadpool (in lieu of Fanto), and Storm. I think they'd be so charming together <3 <3 <3

BANNED

Yooo why is everyone sleeping on Storm's feat here. It is implied that the enviorment of the world lacks real enviormental factors such as wind.
    Actually, Storm said (in so many words), that the environment of the World was exceeding malleable -- I am under the impression that ability was due to her temporary T.O. infection.

Storm was able to seize control of the micro components of the enviorment and the small swarming machines (yes machines, much like in coate's bp where she took control of all the micro climates of the space ships) and transformed them building blocks (primal forces) to a weapon, wind.
    Ororo being infected with a Techno-Virus at the time -- I see her using her elemental powers in conjunction with the bond she had with with the virus -- at one point Ororo actually states that the environment of the World was exceedingly malleable -- again, due possibly to the T.O. virus.

Storm transmuted micro machine organisms into the wind of the world itself. If that ain't omega goddess i don't know what is.
    Oh, surely you're not implying that the moment the X-Men arrived to The World -- that there wasn't a breathable atmosphere and Ororo simply transmuted Liquid Time Technology and flying toothy beasties into breathable Oxygen are you?

Nothing was blowing when they arrived in the world as well until Storm created the first wind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post

Give me more, Hickman!

I wonder if Monet is still immune to the T.O. virus
    Last edited by Micabe; 09-17-2020 at 02:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Actually, Storm said (in so many words), that the environment of the World was exceeding malleable -- I am under the impression that ability was due to her temporary T.O. infection.

Ororo being infected with a Techno-Virus at the time -- I see her using her elemental powers in conjunction with the bond she had with with the virus -- at one point Ororo actually states that the environment of the World was exceeding malleable -- again, due possibly to the T.O. virus.

Oh, surely you're not implying that the X-Men moment arrived on The World -- that there wasn't a breathable atmosphere and Ororo simply transmuted Liquid Time Technology and toothy beasties into breathable Oxygen are you?
    I stand by what i typed. Others are open for interpretation. Yours is an interesting take as well. You don't need wind for a breathable atmosphere. Spaceships.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.