Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    I believe the writer(s) and artist(s) are banking on some of us being totally ignorant (thru lack of back issues) to just how powerful Jean Grey truly is -- access to the Phoenix Force notwithstanding...
    What does that have to do with her costume especially since she's been classified as an Omega Level telepath and is a powerhouse in X-Force?

Issue was Dope AF
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    This artist is a huge Jean fan so he draws her in this updated look. There’s no in-story reason, though Hickman did mention that fans shouldn’t be surprised if characters switched between costumes.
    One of my favorite, simplest panels so far in DoX is simply Magneto trying to decide which costume to put on to fight off the Cotati invasion.

After everything she said in this issue, I think it would be hilarious if Storm is killed off the next time we see her and she has to go through the resurrection proecss

LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this issue. My girl was powerful and graceful despite the pain she was going through. And she hasn't be this beautiful in years -- not since Olivier Coipel during his stint with Claremont IMO. The hair alone... ICONIC! And her reasoning on why she wasn't going to give up and die just to be resurated was true to who Ororo is. As was Jean's sisterly concern and Emma's "help" felt right.

As for the story, I liked it. I loved Monet here and this was the best she's been since the start of HoX. Yes, Emyre gave me the snark, but zilch with the action. Here she was smart, strong, compassionate, and beautiful. Thank you Dauterman for giving us to powerful black women who look nothing alike but was giving major hair-ography. Along with Jean, all need to star in shampoo commercials, because they're worth it!

I'm liking Doug more and more and that dig Monet said about him being "the mutant version of Bambi" was funny. I wonder if it's common knowledge now that Warlock's chillin on his arm now? And if he is, I would have like to know what Warlock's thoughts on this Techno-organic infection/sentient being. And I wonder how long Doug will keep this knowledge close to the vest.

Fantomex wasn't as annoying as he's usually is, so that's something. The AIM guy was funny. and the World is always interesting --- someplace artist can let there imagination run wild, since that place is constantly changing and evolving.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by silence. View Post
    I gotta say I was with Emma on this one. You can literally be resurrected. Like I understand the pathos of it all, but if they just solved the problem the easy way there wouldn’t be a sentient technological being that will probably try to destroy the world at some point.
    I think it's more a matter of not trivializing death. Also is in character for Storm to never give up.

Quote Originally Posted by silence. View Post
    I gotta say I was with Emma on this one. You can literally be resurrected. Like I understand the pathos of it all, but if they just solved the problem the easy way there wouldn’t be a sentient technological being that will probably try to destroy the world at some point.
    Who is to say that TO virus wouldn't have peeled itself off of Ororo's corpse if they did just let it kill her? There was no knowing what it would do.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Who is to say that TO virus wouldn't have peeled itself off of Ororo's corpse if they did just let it kill her? There was no knowing what it would do.
    Thats why you quarantine her. It made no sense why she wasnt quarantined anyway as there was risk for her spreading it to others just like she was originally infected

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Thats why you quarantine her. It made no sense why she wasnt quarantined anyway as there was risk for her spreading it to others just like she was originally infected
    That could be why Doug and Warlock were there, to make sure the T/O virus wasn't infecting anyone else

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    That could be why Doug and Warlock were there, to make sure the T/O virus wasn't infecting anyone else
    Im talking about since the end of the first GS. Storm has been roaming around Krakoa for a couple of weeks, knowing she was infected. I hope others have been tested especially since we know this strain progressses rather slowly. It would be crazy if half of Krakoa was infected bc of her and we are due for Phalanx Covenant II next year

Im talking about since the end of the first GS. Storm has been roaming around Krakoa for a couple of weeks, knowing she was infected
    We don't really know how much time has passed between the end of the Emma/Jean issue and the beginning of Storm's issue. It's not like they waited the full 30 days before going to the World

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It's a TO-Virus not Covid-19
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    It's a TO-Virus not Covid-19
    And we've seen it been able to be transmitted from person to person in the past. She got this from being exposed to the Children of the Vault so I wouldnt rule her out as being able to spread it to others

Omg, please do not bring some bs WHO propaganda into a comic book thread. By that logic Cable, Doug, and Warlock should all be launched into an incinerator.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

And we've seen it been able to be transmitted from person to person in the past. She got this from being exposed to the Children of the Vault so I wouldnt rule her out as being able to spread it to others
    And thereeeeee goes my sense of escapism