Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Yooo why is everyone sleeping on Storm's feat here. It is implied that the enviorment of the world lacks real enviormental factors such as wind. Storm was able to seize control of the micro components of the enviorment and the small swarming machines (yes machines, much like in coate's bp where she took control of all the micro climates of the space ships) and transformed them building blocks (primal forces) to a weapon, wind. Storm transmuted micro machine organisms into the wind of the world itself. If that ain't omega goddess i don't know what is.

Nothing was blowing when they arrived in the world as well until Storm created the first wind.
    Yeah, I'm just thinking back to GS: Fantomex through the ages, when it he would periodically enter the World with, at first expert mercenaries and soldiers, and then super-teams, and then the X-Men, when really all needed all along was just Storm.

I don't know how no one has commented on Emma saying she always felt "underappreciated" already. Amazing.

Great issue. The art was fantastic and a lot of fun moments. I really like what Hickman has done with both Monet/Penance and Cypher/Warlock. Both still need to be explained at some point. M stepping into the spotlight more and more has been fun to watch.

The Magneto issue was really a waste of time though always happy with an Emma appearance. The Nightcrawler issue was better but still felt disconnected. I echo an earlier poster who said Monet and Cypher should have has the Nightcrawler and Magneto issues.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    He had none... He just was there to meet the Techno-Organic being that was detached from Ororo's body.

That reminds me of New Mutants #18 original version where Cypher first met Warlock, this is sort of a reenactment scene where he can communicate with the TO being.

Didn't Cypher also help Monet in finding the AIM employee when they flew together or did I miss something here?

I also found Storm's personal thoughts on resurrection to be interesting too. It seems even though she is the face of after resurrection and the whole "who are you" at least to her they are different lives despite what consciousness is put in their new body. Which on some level felt like for her at least it isnt a continuation of your life it's a second chance to try again. That made me feel like if she were resurrected she may not want to be an adult as she would want to connect with her body in that life. A lot of little things my mind got to wonder about. Happy fan here.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Yeah, I'm just thinking back to GS: Fantomex through the ages, when it he would periodically enter the World with, at first expert mercenaries and soldiers, and then super-teams, and then the X-Men, when really all needed all along was just Storm.
    Not going to lie i thought about that too. But in the end it's completely different when it comes to their powersets. Storm used the world itself against it so she had a huge advantage in that she was basically fighting a world and her powers are to manipulate the fundamental forces of a world.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I enjoyed this review of GS: Storm. He is a big storm fan and he shares a lot of questions I have:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Amazing Member

Anybody have a translation from the epilogue page by chance? or can link me a translator key?

Has it ever been explained why Jean wears her old school costume (that I hate) in the rest of the books but her updated look (which I like) in this series?

Quote Originally Posted by Bozack View Post
    Has it ever been explained why Jean wears her old school costume (that I hate) in the rest of the books but her updated look (which I like) in this series?
    This artist is a huge Jean fan so he draws her in this updated look. There’s no in-story reason, though Hickman did mention that fans shouldn’t be surprised if characters switched between costumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    This artist is a huge Jean fan so he draws her in this updated look. There’s no in-story reason, though Hickman did mention that fans shouldn’t be surprised if characters switched between costumes.
    Gotcha. Thanks.

Astonishing Member

Dauterman likes that costume

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Which Hickman ironically enough never does with Jean unless Dauterman is the author!

I gotta say I was with Emma on this one. You can literally be resurrected. Like I understand the pathos of it all, but if they just solved the problem the easy way there wouldn’t be a sentient technological being that will probably try to destroy the world at some point.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by silence. View Post
    I gotta say I was with Emma on this one. You can literally be resurrected. Like I understand the pathos of it all, but if they just solved the problem the easy way there wouldn’t be a sentient technological being that will probably try to destroy the world at some point.
    I mean hindsight is 20\20 and all that. Still Storm didn't want to take the easy way out. She didn't want to die.

BANNED

I believe the writer(s) and artist(s) are banking on some of us being totally ignorant (thru lack of back issues) to just how powerful Jean Grey truly is -- access to the Phoenix Force notwithstanding...