Default I don't see an excalibur 12 thread but i need to ask

So is excalibur telling us this whole coven thing apoc has been talking about is the externals. Also Apoc plans on sacrificing some of the externals to create the portal but rictor powers up and mentions how apoc also did it to rogue and maybe betsy so i'm wondering is the implication apoc replaced the old externals in his coven with Rictor, Betsy, and Rogue and now they are connected with him, and selene as the new externals in their coven?
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

No, he can't do other Externals, but Apocalypse has used Rogue and Betsy for his plans (just like in this issue he has used Rictor).

Rictor is not a External but Apocalypse sees him "External-like".

He considers all members of Excalibur as part of his new coven, but they probably aren't aware of that lol

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    No, he can't do other Externals, but Apocalypse has used Rogue and Betsy for his plans (just like in this issue he has used Rictor).

Rictor is not a External but Apocalypse sees him "External-like".
    Thanks for the response. I'm just confused. I thought this was like the piece that was finally linking what happened to rogue and everything else. Either way nice to see Rictor can make lava now.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Nah, Apocalypse can't make anyone External, it's something you're born with. But he has helped Betsy, Rictor, and Rogue become more powerful because it helps their plans.

To empower heroes for his plans is pretty much the modus operandi of Apocalypse since he is in comics, lol.

What I haven't understood is why Rictor is so OK with Apocalypse's plan to sacrifice the other External.

Mighty Member

He mentioned something about kicking out Genesis and some disciples I think. They might be tying in the horsemen to his story during the event

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Thanks for the response. I'm just confused. I thought this was like the piece that was finally linking what happened to rogue and everything else. Either way nice to see Rictor can make lava now.
    I've been confused throughout this Excalibur run. The plot goes from overly simplistic to really complex without much warning. I can't for the life of me remember why Betsy even agreed to create a Krakoan portal here.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Nah, Apocalypse can't make anyone External, it's something you're born with. But he has helped Betsy, Rictor, and Rogue become more powerful because it helps their plans.

To empower heroes for his plans is pretty much the modus operandi of Apocalypse since he is in comics, lol.

What I haven't understood is why Rictor is so OK with Apocalypse's plan to sacrifice the other External.
    Their plans? More like his plans, this is his book after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I've been confused throughout this Excalibur run. The plot goes from overly simplistic to really complex without much warning. I can't for the life of me remember why Betsy even agreed to create a Krakoan portal here.
    She didn't, it just happened and Apocalypse benefited from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    And it's actually not like it's bad, it's as you say it goes from overly simplistic to really complex without much warning and to go a little further for me it doesn't go back and expound on those things. I feel like a lot of important things happened but i'm not sure why they happened or what happened when they were happening.

or rather cause i just thought about this. it feels like all the story are in her notes or head and only about 60% of it is making it to print.
    Last edited by jwatson; 09-16-2020 at 06:00 PM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Fantastic Member

Can someone explain how he empowered Rogue & Rictor? I checked out after they made Rogue sleeping beauty. I’m surprise she didn’t involve Apocalypse’s cult from Egypt. He doesn’t need Krakoa. He had his old minions back in the day to do his bidding.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

So Apocalypse killed one or more Hogh Lords? Which one(s)?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Selene and Gideon are still around. This isn’t a spoiler thread though, right?