Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default My hope for young Superhero Teams after Relaunch....

Hello,
    now with the (probably) relaunch and the comeback of many young Speedsters (Iris West II,Jai West,Jessie Quick etc. etc.) I would like to talk about my hopes.
    My problem with Teen Titans and Young Justice (2019-2020) was that (at least in my opinion) they chose the wrong Generations for the Teams.
    This (among with other things which I didnt like, like the Storylines,Line-Up etc.) was one of my major problems with the series.

SuperSons with Damian and Jonathan actually showed PERFECTLY how you could start a Young Justice Series.
    If you go back to SuperSons with Damian and Jon and add Wally as third father with his twins Iris West II and Jai West and add Nubia from (Nubia-The Real One), Crush and Teen Lantern you have a PERFECT Line-Up for Young Justice.

It would be so AWESOME:

Young Justice:

Jonathan Samuel Kent (Superman)
    Damian Wayne (Batman)
    Iris West and Jai West (Wally West-Flash)
    Crush and Nubia-The Real One (Wonder Woman)
    Teen Lantern (John Stewart)

SuperSons with Jonathan (Superman) and Damian (Batman) showed how the dynamic should be and it would be AWESOME to see them together with Iris-Jai with their father Wally-Flash.

I also liked the Preview of Nubia-The Real One and she would fit perfectly in YOUNG JUSTICE.

Crush was one of the best characters introduced in Rebirth and Wonder Woman could mentor her perfectly.

John Stewart was already the mentor of some lanterns and he could mentor Teen Lantern.

This would be AWESOME-we are now in a situation where Batman,Superman and Flash (Wally West) 3 of the big Four of the JL have biological children in a similar age and I would LOVE to see the dynamic between these families.

Tim,Conner,Bart,Cassie:

I didnt like the new Young Justice Series-the four are around since almost 30 years and in this series it seemed that they were new and would just form a team etc.

You had the TT (Crush,Red Arrow,Djinn...) who just formed and YJ who also (seemingly) just formed with the new teammates who are new to hero business or interns etc.

So I hope that they age up Tim,Cassie,Bart,Conner give them the old line-up with Raven,Starfire,Beast Boy and Traci13,Blue Beetle etc. back and restore also their history, so that they are like a middle generation between TT and Titans.

Endless Winter's solicits seem to have already revealed that what's left of the Glass/Thompson Teen Titans team continues on - with the addition of Beast Boy and Donna Troy. If Young Justice relaunches, it's roster will probably not change much. Maybe add Miss Martian if they want to swing closer to the TV show. The older Titans team would probably be Nightwing, Flash, Starfire, Cyborg, Raven, Arsenal, plus two or three others, unless any of them are on the Justice League.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

If DC will deage Jon, I think they will just resume Super Sons, I doubt that they put them in Titans or Young Justice. Given that both teams are used in the media, they will most likely retain their original lineups.

Raven and Beast Boy should never be considered part of Tim's generation. Deaging them in the main continuity is too regressive when they can always appear as teens in OGNs or stories set in the past.
    For the main continuity, I'd have:

TITANS as the former teen heroes who grew up and are now on par with their former mentors. They'd be a more approachable team of heroes than the League, closer to the people and always on call to help them (whereas the JL would focus on planetary scale threats). Have Nightwing, Donna, Raven, Beast Boy, Starfire, Cyborg and co. with some fresh faces around.
    YOUNG JUSTICE would be the JL trainees. A team of young heroes who are already very good at their game, but are still finding their own identities and purposes. They'd get missions and training from the League to one day become as notorious as the JL or the Titans. Cast: Tim Drake, Kon-El, Cassie, Impulse, Miss Martian, Aqualad etc.
    SUPER FRIENDS. The premise here is that Superman and Batman would forbid Jon Kent and Damian Wayne from superheroing until they're older. One was involved in crazy time travel shenanigans that could have aged him years (yes, I'd deage him) and the other was taking a very dark road to his mother's side of the family. Instead, they'd have to actually experience and learn about the world they live in. In a seemingly never-ending super-hero school trip across the DCU, they'd be joined by their sitters the Wonder Twins and old friends like Iris and Jai West as they'd travel from Atlantis to Zambesi and Themyscira and would get to meet new versions of the Hannah Barbera original characters along the way. This book/team would be designed as a fun all ages introduction to the DCU.

This way you'd get actual evolution for the Titans characters, a YJ that lives up to the name and a new entry point to the DCU through the sons of the 2 most popular characters.
    Oh, and there'd be no Teen Titans in the main continuity. Teen Titans would be solely the former name of the Titans, as each generation would get their own proper brand, ending all the TT-YJ overlap.

Titans - dicks gen 25 to 30
    YJ- Tim's gen 18 to 22
    Superfriends- Damians gen 14 and less

Simple as that
    Last edited by SuperX; 09-14-2020 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Raven and Beast Boy should never be considered part of Tim's generation. Deaging them in the main continuity is too regressive when they can always appear as teens in OGNs or stories set in the past.
    I agree. Starfire and Cyborg aren't teenagers anymore for example. Let Raven and Beast Boy grow up once and for all.

Agreed on BB and Raven being part of Dick's generation and allowed to (finally) grow up.

For Damian and Jon's group;
    Irey and Jai are good additions.
    Crush... While I don't hate her character, all she ever was, was "angry girl" even discounting her feelings towards Djinn. If she had a bit more personality, I'd be more open to her being on the team.
    Instead, I'd go for the last member of the Trinity; Lyta Trevor. Daughter of Diana and Steve.
    Along with them;
    Maya/Nobody
    Kathy/Beacon
    Colin/Abuse
    Suren

Not a fan of Roundhouse then? I can understand why you didn't include Wallace though. That would be three speedsters on the same team.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Not a fan of Roundhouse then? I can understand why you didn't include Wallace though. That would be three speedsters on the same team.
    Roundhouse was kind of "meh" for me. His motivation for revenge is weak, as was his heel turn. Could have been better, but also could have been far worse.

I wouldn't mind Crush or Djin acting as the Wonder Girl stand-in for Damian's team.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I wouldn't mind Crush or Djin acting as the Wonder Girl stand-in for Damian's team.
    Crush meets the physical requirements, but her personality leaves quite a lot to be desired. Djinn is closer personality wise, but she's full on magic user like Zatanna.

If Crush got a major attitude adjustment (and maybe some Amazon training), I could see her being the newest Amazon. Failing that, Kathy/Beacon would be my next choice.

I do not mind Crush or Roundhouse, I got a feeling that Djinn might be one of the new characters that would not return for a long time just like Bunker and Tanya Spears (I know that they appeared in Red Hood and Deathstroke respectively).

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Agreed on BB and Raven being part of Dick's generation and allowed to (finally) grow up.
    Agreed, and it looks like they are now part of Dick's generation again due to the upcoming solicitation. If they really want a young animal shape-shifter to join the Teen Titans so bad I would have put Jayna of the Wonder Twins into the TT but they were hanging out with Tim and co. BB and Raven being in Titans purgatory really hurt them at least Starfire was there as a mentor.
    Last edited by Incognito; 09-16-2020 at 12:48 PM.

The Wonder Twins are a package. They can't use their powers unless they're together.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Crush meets the physical requirements, but her personality leaves quite a lot to be desired. Djinn is closer personality wise, but she's full on magic user like Zatanna.

If Crush got a major attitude adjustment (and maybe some Amazon training), I could see her being the newest Amazon. Failing that, Kathy/Beacon would be my next choice.
    Thats the appeal for me tho. Seeing if Wonder Woman could adapt herself to these new students.

I would add the Wonder Twins to either TT or YJ. They should be the next gen version of Beast Boy/Raven without the romantic tension.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 09-16-2020 at 12:44 PM.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan2013 View Post
    Agree, and it looks like they are now part of Dick's generation again due to the upcoming solicitation. If they really want a young animal shape-shifter to join the Teen Titans so bad I would have put Jayna of the Wonder Twins into the TT but they were hanging out with Tim and co.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The Wonder Twins are a package. They can't use their powers unless they're together.

I'm not sure about the popularity of some of the newer characters that appeared in the most recent YJ run, but I would like to see Jinny Hex, Teen Lantern, Naomi and the Wonder Twins appear in any teen team books.

I've said this before, but this was was an idea that was talked about in the last YJ run, a massive group of teen heroes, a revolving door type of membership, where certain members would appear in certain stories. I think that would be a good idea. The book would have a larger pool of characters to use, with certain faves being near-constants, yet give lesser-seen characters a chance to appear on a regular basis.
    Attached Images Attached Images