Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    Injustice Gods Among Us? Tom Taylor, Brian Bucellato, and Ed Boon (I don't know if Ed Boon was one of the writers, but he makes the game). To be fair while I hate the story, but the comics are suprisingly written really, really well for a game tie in.
    I know others don't mean it, but always did feel like a rather backhanded compliment considering how universally terrible tie-ins are.

And can't really say Taylor did much given how much it can just facilitated between dumb "feels" moments and stuff he's just cribbing from other disparate stories on DC characters that's he thrown together in a blender.

Injustice Gods Among Us? Tom Taylor, Brian Bucellato, and Ed Boon (I don't know if Ed Boon was one of the writers, but he makes the game). To be fair while I hate the story, but the comics are suprisingly written really, really well for a game tie in.
    The writers I listed were the writers on the game's wikipedia page, I specifically wasn't talking about the comic, which bothers me due to, you know, being a tie-in to the poorly conceived game, but I can't blame Taylor et. al. for the basic premises. I think Taylor's even gone on record saying he would rather write Good Superman, though this was a few years ago and I could be wrong.

Either way, the Injustice comic is a victim of predestination. It has to lead into the game. That's its foundational flaw, and no quality of writing can make up for that.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I said moore cause of for the man who has everything. That story just speaks to me in general.Heck! The main reason i became superman fan other than the trunks. I am a phantom fan. So the trunks gained my attention.There are couple of other stories in silverage that i absolutely adore. but i don't remember author names.
    When you say you're a Phantom fan, do you mean like this?

KNx2r4i.jpg

Or like this?

Just curious!

Now, not to dunk on your fave or anything. "For the Man Who Has Everything" is a legitimately great comic!

But I do I think the JLU adaptation has better Krypton scenes, while the comic has better fortress scenes. The show just can't achieve that same gravitas as Moore's legendary caption boxes, nor can its comparatively weak Superman scale up to the grandeur of the Bronze Age. On the other hand, I have a hard time buying that Moore's dystopian Krypton could be Kal's heart's desire, whereas in the calmer Krypton of the show, it seemed reasonable.

My favorite Moore Superman comic, not counting "Supreme," is probably "The Jungle Line", Superman's crossover with Swamp Thing from DC Comics Presents # 85!

But in either case, Moore's not on my own list of the best Superman writers - even though he is on my list of the best comic writers.

If Supreme counts, then Moore's definitely on the best Superman writers list, haha!

hqPbtKT.jpg
    Last edited by Adekis; 09-18-2020 at 01:20 PM.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Oh, this is new, why do you think Joe Casey is the worst because I believe his Superman: Adventure is one of the best Superman's stories out there?
    I didn’t care for him. Now, he was good on other stuff, but I just didn’t “feel” him. Maybe it was because, it seemed his book was the weaker of the titles during his time. Having said that, after reading the first new 52 issues of Superman and Action, I dropped all DC Comics until Rebirth, so there may be some “worsts” in there.

I believe Jurgens is the quintessential Superman writer due to his longevity and the passion you could tell he had for the character. I just didn’t feel that from Casey.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

I find it interesting people would choose Casey over Austen with regards to Superman. Not saying Casey was great, but Austen was infamously terrible, to the point he wasn't even allowed to finish his run.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    KNx2r4i.jpg
    But I do I think the JLU adaptation has better Krypton scenes, while the comic has better fortress scenes. The show just can't achieve that same gravitas as Moore's legendary caption boxes, nor can its comparatively weak Superman scale up to the grandeur of the Bronze Age. On the other hand, I have a hard time buying that Moore's dystopian Krypton could be Kal's heart's desire, whereas in the calmer Krypton of the show, it seemed reasonable.
    The original ghost who walks himself. The man who never dies. They used to have cartoon repeats on some channel of phantom. Moreover, i grew up with mangas, samurai movies, westerns... Etc. I like the old pulp flavours in characters in general .

I did see the dcau version. But, i did get to read many of the old bronze age stories this was one of them like who took the super out of superman, sandman saga,must there be a superman ... Etc.but, none of them generated enough pathos in me. This book felt more real to me than the adaptation . Clark felt vulnerable . It might be because siegel's and shuster's immigrant psychology alan moore tried to capture.i believe, its Clark's internal fear manifesting. He gets his dream life. But, what if its not much of a dream. What if the grass ain't green on the other side. Its not that krypton itself would turn out dystopia(it could happen. I mean, kryptonians are only human) . but it's Clark's fear of Krypton not being all that he hopes it to be manifesting as the events. That's precisely what generates pathos in me. As an adopted kid with nothing i sometimes grapple with a want of perfect family life like that. But, then i am terrified by the thought of hating it because there is no such thing. Ofcourse, i had gotten past that. When you grow up you realise family might not be that great. but it's just pain in the ass in a good way.

The best moment in dcau for me was dan turpin's death, clark vs darkseid brawl and last episode with clark as this pariah hated by everyone. It's just sad that the show ended when it was supposed to get interesting. We did get some of that arc in jl and jlu. But, it wasn't that fleshed out or great.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 09-19-2020 at 01:44 AM.