Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Final Fantasy XVI

Announced at the PlayStation event

Coming to PC and console exclusive to PS5

Seems like it's got a vibe more along the lines of Vagrant Story, Tactics, 12 and 14 (apparently the producer of FF14 is in charge of this one).

This gives me hope.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Since I hated all the 13's and was not impressed with 15 either this looks very promising to me. I was really happy with his FF7 Remake turned out too so right now the FF brand has some good will built up again from me. The trailer gave me hope that the makers of FF have finally realized that the over complicated turn based combat system needed a major overhall.

I dislike the medieval setting but that could change depending on what else is shown. I liked the timeskip angle, I just hope the hero doesn't sleep through it this time. It would be cool if he goes through a negative change arc. Here's hoping they write the female characters better than KH or FF15.

I definetly seeing some Witcher DNA here.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I have way too many Final Fantasy games to finish. I need to finish X and X2 since I started them. I also need to start and finish Final Fantasy XII and XV as well. I gave up on 13 since its a fucking grinding mess of a game. Got to a boss and learned I'd have to grind 2 characters to win a battle in a time limit comically.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

It looks solid, but I only have eyes for the next FF7Remake installment.

@ SuperECWFan: if you get around to playing 12, stick with it until you meet Ashe. That's when the real story starts. Until then, I was bored and not really feeling it, but once you get mixed up with her, I felt like we were finally getting somewhere and stuff was getting good.

I gotta finish 15 too, but I feel like I did in the early hours of 12; it's all amounting to a whole lot of "who cares."
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I'm glad it's more fantastical but it still has a bit too much of the XV aesthetic for my taste.

I hope there's an actual party and isn't just a single-player action game.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    It looks solid, but I only have eyes for the next FF7Remake installment.

@ SuperECWFan: if you get around to playing 12, stick with it until you meet Ashe. That's when the real story starts. Until then, I was bored and not really feeling it, but once you get mixed up with her, I felt like we were finally getting somewhere and stuff was getting good.

I gotta finish 15 too, but I feel like I did in the early hours of 12; it's all amounting to a whole lot of "who cares."
    I played 12 when it originally came out for the PS2.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

https://www.ign.com/articles/final-f...s-its-6-realms

new info on the setting and the characters. They also have some art.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    https://www.ign.com/articles/final-f...s-its-6-realms

new info on the setting and the characters. They also have some art.
    I hope Jill is a Party Member.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 12-08-2022 at 09:54 PM.
    My Forum check it out

I'm warming up to the game's setting and direction. The timeskip aspect became appealing after FF15. I'm hoping we do get more stages with young Clive than just the early part of the game.

https://www.siliconera.com/ffxvi-eng...-cid-revealed/

English language VAs revealed.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-09-2022 at 02:31 PM.