Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

No, making him utterly psychotic did:

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Yikes! What's that from?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Dr Druid is still dead isn't he? Then no.
    No, he is very much alive and just appeared in Dr. Strange.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Yikes! What's that from?
    Looks like the Druid mini from the '90s.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Any attempt to make him look better has only ever made him look worse.

There’s no reason you can’t just go w. his basic look and make it visually interesting. Some artists manage it just fine.

I honestly didn't know about that middle image, I've never seen that cover. I actually like the bottom one, though.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Looks like the Druid mini from the '90s.
    Such a drastic change, you'd think it was from the 2000's. It must have been ahead of its time.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I honestly didn't know about that middle image, I've never seen that cover. I actually like the bottom one, though.
    Me too. The classic look for him can look good w. the right artist.

The middle image is from The Secret Defenders comic. A really awful book.

Incredible Member

secret defenders , didn't druid got possessed by the demon slorith who tried to enter the earth dimension during the war of the seven spheres ..

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

It improved his looks, nothing else. Still bottom of the barrel getting pissed on.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

there should be a new Dr. Druid. Make it a woman.
    back in the Avengers it seems like he was a sub character for Dr. Strange, but because of Stephen's long tenure in the Defenders, editors of the time just didn't consider it "proper" to all of a sudden make him a team member. (same as the rationale for keeping Spider-Man off the team and most X-Men).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    back in the Avengers it seems like he was a sub character for Dr. Strange, but because of Stephen's long tenure in the Defenders, editors of the time just didn't consider it "proper" to all of a sudden make him a team member. (same as the rationale for keeping Spider-Man off the team and most X-Men).
    like dr light got better once it was a woman, i agree with this.

If I can't have Hellstorm light Druid, I'd prefer Daddy Druid proper over ponytail. He has a specific niche appeal.

Astonishing Member

I think this is a horrible idea. They might as well make an entirely new character by that point.

Astonishing Member

No, Roger Stern chose Dr. Druid deliberately--he intended him to be the member who would stir a little conflict into the mix with his somewhat arrogant attitude.

There really isn't a need for a new Dr. Druid. Aside from the fact that the original is alive again, there already IS a new Druid--the son of the original (introduced in Hickman's SECRET WARRIORS series, and most recently appeared in one of the "War Of The Realms" tie-in minis.

Ultimate Member

There should be a new Dr. Druid. Make it a woman.
    Nah, I kind of like that Druid's a dude, 'cause it flies against the stereotype of moon/nature/plant/druid type magics/powers being relegated to female characters, weather it be weather controllers like Storm or plant controllers like Poison Ivy. Having the big nature magician be a man subverts that trope.

Plus the fact that he's kind of a dick (and ended up the Ancient One's 'runner up option' for next Sorcerer Supreme because of it, about which he's totally not bitter...) is what makes him fun, and if his personality got transplanted onto a woman, she'd quickly get labeled a bitch and become a focus for misogyny.

There are tons of female mage protagonists that could get focus instead, like Jennifer Kale or Clea or Jimaine Szardos or Topaz or Spellbinder or Ilyanna or Nico Minoru or Satanna or any of the lady Salem's Seven 'witches' (particularly Gazelle, who was the most 'good' of them, or Vertigo, the clear leader of the Seven) who could get focus instead, if Marvel wants more lady mages. (I'm sure I missed a bunch, for that matter...)

There technically already IS a new "Doctor Druid". His son Sebastian (who goes by merely Druid).