Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 36
  1. #16
    Astonishing Member Cody's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Destroying the truck was an overreaction and ultimately brought more attention to him. Made no sense to me.
    This doesn't make much sense to me. How did it bring attention to him? Nobody knew what happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Physically grabbing an released Black Hole to stop it is like throwing a sandwich at Galactus to stop him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I stand by my belief of Toriyama seeing a certain match online and going "Oh Yeah?!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Every time you say the name of some kind of nonsense martial art, an angel gets its wings, and Val Armorr learns the martial art, retroactively founds it, then super karates the angel unconscious with it.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

  2. #17
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    6,579

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    This doesn't make much sense to me. How did it bring attention to him? Nobody knew what happened.
    If he like made it look like the truck had been destroyed more naturally, then I wouldn't really be so bothered but it's a weird enough destruction that people are going to be like "There is no way this just happened," when they look at it. You'd have to get whole teams of dudes in there to built a support for the truck cab, cut the tree trunks down carefully to size, then lower the ruined truck so it can be towed away and so on. It would be an pretty major event, especially in a small community.

    While it doesn't necessarily implicate Clark himself, it's a blatantly supernatural thing happening where he was, coincidentally to a guy who tried to pick a fight with him and then Clark was never seen again.

    That garners way more potential interest than just a jacked bus-boy throwing a douchebag out of a diner.
    Twitter
    Tumblr
    Follow my social media for animations and art and junk.
    Art Thread on CBR

  3. #18
    Astonishing Member Cody's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    If he like made it look like the truck had been destroyed more naturally, then I wouldn't really be so bothered but it's a weird enough destruction that people are going to be like "There is no way this just happened," when they look at it. You'd have to get whole teams of dudes in there to built a support for the truck cab, cut the tree trunks down carefully to size, then lower the ruined truck so it can be towed away and so on. It would be an pretty major event, especially in a small community.

    While it doesn't necessarily implicate Clark himself, it's a blatantly supernatural thing happening where he was, coincidentally to a guy who tried to pick a fight with him and then Clark was never seen again.

    That garners way more potential interest than just a jacked bus-boy throwing a douchebag out of a diner.
    I guess. I think it was a throwback to Smallville when Clark did it there. I mean the scene is virtually identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Physically grabbing an released Black Hole to stop it is like throwing a sandwich at Galactus to stop him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I stand by my belief of Toriyama seeing a certain match online and going "Oh Yeah?!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Every time you say the name of some kind of nonsense martial art, an angel gets its wings, and Val Armorr learns the martial art, retroactively founds it, then super karates the angel unconscious with it.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

  4. #19
    The Undead One The Chou Lives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    On the topic of the truck scene, that whole thing was weird to me.

    Like, I've worked service jobs and the like and, while never in the US, if a customer groped a waitress and then threw shit in a waiters face, tried to start a fight and then was verbally abusive as well, then they would get chucked out of the establishment and probably banned from coming back.

    Like, I don't get why Clark didn't just pick the guy up and chuck him out of the diner? I mean, even forgetting that he's Superman for the moment, Clark was like a foot taller than a guy and is built like a traction engine. It would attract no undue attention for him to manhandle a guy. Why not just chuck him into the snow?

    Destroying the truck was an overreaction and ultimately brought more attention to him. Made no sense to me.
    Now this, this I agree with. My guess is Clark does not trust his strength on puny humans but inanimate objects was fine?

    Also Clark went around I think with fake ids as he was looking for himself, so the nameless drifted thing hard to pin down.

    The act of how thevtruck wa destroyed is blatantly super human in nature but remember what Perry Lois who was right?

    In a real world like ours, the majority would not believe a single man could do that in such a short amount of time. Especially given the world of now such a war of facts, just yeah.

    Good call though I would have man handled him out personally.

  5. #20
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    6,579

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    I guess. I think it was a throwback to Smallville when Clark did it there. I mean the scene is virtually identical.
    In that one, Clark stacked three trucks on top of each other. Much less obviously superhuman. That could have been done with a crane though it stretches credulity for it have been done with no one at the dance seeing it. People would talk about like... that one neat prank that no one took credit for but it wouldn't prompt a great more investigation.

    Driving three tree trunks through a engine block of a truck with such force that it lifts the cab of the truck into the air and it is left suspended with trailer attached? Yeah, no. There's not really a good rational explanation for how that happens. That is going to prompt speculation
    Twitter
    Tumblr
    Follow my social media for animations and art and junk.
    Art Thread on CBR

  6. #21
    Astonishing Member Cody's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    In that one, Clark stacked three trucks on top of each other. Much less obviously superhuman. That could have been done with a crane though it stretches credulity for it have been done with no one at the dance seeing it. People would talk about like... that one neat prank that no one took credit for but it wouldn't prompt a great more investigation.

    Driving three tree trunks through a engine block of a truck with such force that it lifts the cab of the truck into the air and it is left suspended with trailer attached? Yeah, no. There's not really a good rational explanation for how that happens. That is going to prompt speculation
    Id say piling 3 trucks on top of each other towards(admittedly sociopathic)bullies with no one noticing to be not much different than trashing some perverts truck. Certainly trashing it with trees was one thing, but piling up a bunch of trees with not a single crane within miles while no one noticed it happening due to how quick it happened?

    Idk man, seems to be kinda iffy to assume either one would make people more suspicious of anyone in a setting where no superhumans exist as far as the public was concerned.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Physically grabbing an released Black Hole to stop it is like throwing a sandwich at Galactus to stop him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I stand by my belief of Toriyama seeing a certain match online and going "Oh Yeah?!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Every time you say the name of some kind of nonsense martial art, an angel gets its wings, and Val Armorr learns the martial art, retroactively founds it, then super karates the angel unconscious with it.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

  7. #22
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    6,579

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Id say piling 3 trucks on top of each other towards(admittedly sociopathic)bullies with no one noticing to be not much different than trashing some perverts truck. Certainly trashing it with trees was one thing, but piling up a bunch of trees with not a single crane within miles while no one noticed it happening due to how quick it happened?

    Idk man, seems to be kinda iffy to assume either one would make people more suspicious of anyone in a setting where no superhumans exist as far as the public was concerned.
    I mean, neither are good "low profile moves," at the nub of it.

    My point is that getting three trucks stacked like that is possible. Like, you can rationalise that somewhat because it's just "lift the trucks somehow," Cranes exist and so on. Obviously, it's improbable that someone could sneak a crane in during a dance but in absence of anything else a regular observer would be like "I guess they got a crane or something to lift the trucks,"

    Simplest solution seems like the most likely.

    Mashing multiple entire trees through a truck with such force that it lifted the thing? Much harder to rationalise because it's a much more complicated thing that happened. You're no longer like "How did the trucks get lifted?" You're like "Okay, so did... the trees fall out of the sky? That doesn't work because they went through it such that it lifted the cab somehow which would imply it stabbed up... but that's impossible because like... a localised tornado couldn't have done that. You could lift the truck with a crane and then put trees through it but how does one do that with stabbing force without destroying the crane,"

    MoS' act of petty vengence raises a lot more questions because it's way more elaborate and impossible to rationally think of a way that it happened.

    You could stack three trucks with a crane in like... under an hour.

    To replicate MoS would take like... days? I don't even know how you'd consider doing it.
    Twitter
    Tumblr
    Follow my social media for animations and art and junk.
    Art Thread on CBR

  8. #23
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I mean, neither are good "low profile moves," at the nub of it.

    My point is that getting three trucks stacked like that is possible. Like, you can rationalise that somewhat because it's just "lift the trucks somehow," Cranes exist and so on. Obviously, it's improbable that someone could sneak a crane in during a dance but in absence of anything else a regular observer would be like "I guess they got a crane or something to lift the trucks,"

    Simplest solution seems like the most likely.

    Mashing multiple entire trees through a truck with such force that it lifted the thing? Much harder to rationalise because it's a much more complicated thing that happened. You're no longer like "How did the trucks get lifted?" You're like "Okay, so did... the trees fall out of the sky? That doesn't work because they went through it such that it lifted the cab somehow which would imply it stabbed up... but that's impossible because like... a localised tornado couldn't have done that. You could lift the truck with a crane and then put trees through it but how does one do that with stabbing force without destroying the crane,"

    MoS' act of petty vengence raises a lot more questions because it's way more elaborate and impossible to rationally think of a way that it happened.

    You could stack three trucks with a crane in like... under an hour.

    To replicate MoS would take like... days? I don't even know how you'd consider doing it.
    I've always been impressed that Clark did it without anybody noticing it.

    Like, even if he did it at super speed that shit would've made a lot of noise.

  9. #24
    Courage looks like this Powerboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Now this, this I agree with. My guess is Clark does not trust his strength on puny humans but inanimate objects was fine?

    Also Clark went around I think with fake ids as he was looking for himself, so the nameless drifted thing hard to pin down.

    The act of how thevtruck wa destroyed is blatantly super human in nature but remember what Perry Lois who was right?

    In a real world like ours, the majority would not believe a single man could do that in such a short amount of time. Especially given the world of now such a war of facts, just yeah.

    Good call though I would have man handled him out personally.
    That was my take on it, that Clark at that stage just didn't trust himself to use his strength on a human, didn't know how much was enough and how much was too much.

    Granted, it doesn't make sense. He opens doors, hugs his mother, and so on, and knows exactly how much strength to use. It may have just been an excuse to recreate the Smallville scene.
    This is what courage looks like.

  10. #25
    Rumbles Moderator Guy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    13,900

    Default



    And people complain about Clark messing up a truck?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

  11. #26
    Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,434

    Default

    I'm just wondering who had to pay to clean up that mess, or if they decided to keep it there as a tourist attraction.

  12. #27
    Rumbles Moderator Guy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    13,900

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I'm just wondering who had to pay to clean up that mess, or if they decided to keep it there as a tourist attraction.
    Eh, call the Flash. He's a one man cleaning crew.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

  13. #28
    Courage looks like this Powerboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post


    And people complain about Clark messing up a truck?
    Yeah this is totally on a M o S level where thousands of people would realistically be dead and property damage in the billions.

    It makes me think of that Bronze Age story where Superman and the Sand Superman fight and destroy the Earth only to realize that a mystic dude created the illusion that they fought so they would realize the utter devastation and loss of life that would result if two beings of such power fought.
    This is what courage looks like.

  14. #29
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post


    And people complain about Clark messing up a truck?
    I mean, Captain Marvel left the Justice League, partly, because of Superman's behavior in that episode.

    Superman going too far was whole point of the episode.

    Now Superman punching Darkseid through multiple building and creating a big crater by smacking him into the ground for a cool visual while asking us to not think about the property damage. That's a bit more extreme version of the wrecked truck.

  15. #30
    Astonishing Member Cody's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post


    And people complain about Clark messing up a truck?
    Right? lol. If that isn't a Superman move than what do they call Golden Age Supes? Dude could be a bigger dick than Super Dick.

    http://seebelowcomicsblog.blogspot.c...erman.html?m=1


    https://screamsheet.wordpress.com/20...e-part-2-of-2/

    Like, compared to that? LA Supermen are all Superman.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Physically grabbing an released Black Hole to stop it is like throwing a sandwich at Galactus to stop him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I stand by my belief of Toriyama seeing a certain match online and going "Oh Yeah?!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Every time you say the name of some kind of nonsense martial art, an angel gets its wings, and Val Armorr learns the martial art, retroactively founds it, then super karates the angel unconscious with it.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •