Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GMikey View Post
    Yes true. And, I'm not supposed to say this prematurely, but there's going to be room for fans to develop OCs and OC concepts, to definitely introduce totally new and original material.
    Very nice to know. (SHhhhhh, I won't tell a soul, lol!)

I know I’m playing to type here but give me Wolverine’s background. What I’ve read so far is intriguing to say the least.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I know IÂ’m playing to type here but give me WolverineÂ’s background. What IÂ’ve read so far is intriguing to say the least.
    Heya! And awesome! So you prolly got a good idea of what this is. A project of Marvel fan collaboration, to create a narrative representative of the fandom, with the guidance of a former writer/animator instructor. It will be in the form of an animation (anime-esque animation), the story starts off with the Avengers and soon after the X-Men, as kids... however, the series itself IS directed towards adults (there's quite a bit of risque humor, dark comedic moments, blood and gun violence, suggestive themes). Now a time skip happens during the Phoenix Trilogy, and the narrative moving forward is the heroes as young adults/adults.

I'll go ahead and say, this happened due to COPPA Law on Youtube. Originally, this was meant for a family audience, but then late last year was the COPPA Crisis on Youtube, thus drastically shifting the tone and direction of this short series.

About Wolverine... what we're actually doing is brainstorming about what we'd like to see and contribute, even coming up with plot ideas, here and there. Discussing what characters we'd like to see, how they should be portrayed, what their story arcs entail, and the like. The Phoenix Trilogy is the only one I revealed a quite a bit of, due to the Phoenix Force being a highly divisive topic for many X-Fans, and wanting more opinions than our focus group.

The original focus group (few thousand actually) didn't EVEN want Jean Grey and the Phoenix Saga involved. Then others were like... 'Oh we can't have the X-Men without the Phoenix, we just need a new one true host...', then of course the Grey fans weren't having that. So... that's how the chief writer developed the Phoenix Trilogy. And so far, everyone I've spoken with is loving the idea. Even so, I still have yet to reveal (publicly) the most integral elements of the Trilogy, the "Third" Phoenix Saga, which ties all the heroes (Avengers, Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, Fantastic 4, Silver Surfer, etc) with the X-Men's plight, into a massive narrative climax.

(This was why I was asking so many detailed, definitive questions about the Phoenix, btw)

NOW let's talk Wolverine... (sorry for all that intro lol)

This is what I know as for his plot... Wolverine was amongst several Mutants used as living weapons, but were freed by the Avengers (either first or second arc). He has no knowledge of his origins (explored much later), only knows pain, torment, programming, and killing. He survives on the streets just fine (practically) but develops a deep hunger for vengeance, causing an instinctual aggression to anyone in some sort of uniform (which reminded him of "The Facility"). However, his encounter with Xavier (very inventive situation), leads Logan to Xavier's semi-secretly operating "home school" styled "School of the Gifted". Logan makes the choice to join, initially on a revenge mission, but softened by new friends, and familiar faces, he discovers a desire to help and free other Mutant children that suffered, like himself, using his Mutant abilities.

Some major answers to his origins are revealed in our own "X-Origins: Wolverine" (nothing like the film). It provides a very awesome plot twist, along with new questions about Logan's past, which are explored much later, after the Phoenix Trilogy. X-Origins will be a mini series about each X-Men (except for one, for reason) takes place between The Phoenix Saga and Dark Phoenix Saga.

I tried to keep that spoiler free, and open to any ideas you may have, as there are some ideas from the primary writers, and several other fans that are not yet public.

C'mon and brainstorm, share ideas, and discuss! Everyone that contributes actual ideas and plotlines, will be credited and awknowledged

Lightbulb Brainstorming update

HEY EVERYONE!

So yep, I finally spoke with one of our writers, who stated that they are trying to wrap up some basics concerning Phoenix Force hosts.

The primary question has been who should be in that line up of mini series. Two that they've confirmed, are Giraud/Phoenix IX and Kid Omega (ugh, not a Quentin fan lol). Kid Omega wouldn't get his own mini series however, while Giraud, and on other I'm not allowed to mention, will have a mini series.

Some have debated if Rachel or Hope should have a mini Phoenix Arc of their own; however I can say as of now, there's no future of bringinig Hope Summers into this series, we've not seen much support for Hope, with Rachel however, she's slated to head an entire storyline herself, which is already part of the main timeline and primary story so... more than likely, Rachel isn't featured with a Phoenix mini-arc.

What are the Phoenix mini-arcs?

These are a set of stories to occur during the "Dystopian Arcs" 1-3(?). They explore specific details concerning the Phoenix, as well as how the cosmic entity bonds differently per host. We get to explore the different ways the Phoenix enhance its hosts, but also whatever limitations that may be present, as these hosts are (likely) non-Greys. Another important, and key element, is more exploration of the Phoenix's mythos, the M'Kraan Crystal, the guardians and inhabitants, and "The M'Kraan Conflict", all of which will play a role in the most epic showdown, ever. Again, Rachel Summers does come into the picture, just not with a mini-arc since she heads a story part of the main timeline arc.

They have just asked that question to the focus group, and I'm going to try and ask here, who are some good contenders for "Phoenix mini-arcs" which take place AFTER the Phoenix Trilogy?

Yay! Yay! Yay! I love that Giraud - Phoenix IX is getting a mini-series!!

(I am also not a Quentin Quire fan so I do not care for him to get the PF. But at least the PF will have more air time, lol.)

I was going to ask about Rachel and how/where/when she comes into the series. Will we see the 2013 E-811 Days of Future Past story or will this be a new tale of how Rachel arrives on E-616?

(I am not a fan of Hope either, so please no! "No Hope", lol!)

As to additional characters who would be New Phoenix for mini-arcs, I don't know. To me, NOT every character can be/should be able to be a host. I do not mind that more than Jean are hosts, such as Rachel and Giraud, but I hate Quentin, Cuckoos, Hope, The P-5, etc.

It is hard to put into words, but to me, the Phoenix-Host should be someone of exceptional qualities and pure of spirit. But even someone like Captain America is not a suitable host to me. I do like the idea that the host does have psionic abilities. But we have seen already Xavier, Cuckoos, Emma, Quentin all have the PF. None of them again, please!

I think it would be really interesting if these characters would host the Phoenix Force:

** #1 Moondragon: What is the relationship of Dragon of the Moon to the Phoenix Force? Have they ever met? Would Heather be pure enough? Will Heather have the Dragon, the Mind Stone AND the PF all at the same time?!?! I see this as a very short bonding as the PF really needs Heather's assistance and Heather would learn some things about herself after the experience.

* #2 Sundragon (Pamela, cousin of Moondragon) Similar to Jean when she first became Phoenix, Pamela is lower on the psionic level but is a good person. She is already in space and could easily encounter the PF.

I will think of more characters whom I think would provide a good host and storyline.
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 09-25-2020 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yay! Yay! Yay! I love that Giraud - Phoenix IX is getting a mini-series!!

(I am also not a Quentin Quire fan so I do not care for him to get the PF. But at least the PF will have more air time, lol.)

I was going to ask about Rachel and how/where/when she comes into the series. Will we see the 2013 E-811 Days of Future Past story or will this be a new tale of how Rachel arrives on E-616?

(I am not a fan of Hope either, so please no! "No Hope", lol!)

As to additional characters who would be New Phoenix for mini-arcs, I don't know. To me, NOT every character can be/should be able to be a host. I do not mind that more than Jean are hosts, such as Rachel and Giraud, but I hate Quentin, Cuckoos, Hope, The P-5, etc.

It is hard to put into words, but to me, the Phoenix-Host should be someone of exceptional qualities and pure of spirit. But even someone like Captain America is not a suitable host to me. I do like the idea that the host does have psionic abilities. But we have seen already Xavier, Cuckoos, Emma, Quentin all have the PF. None of them again, please!

I think it would be really interesting if these characters would host the Phoenix Force:

** #1 Moondragon: What is the relationship of Dragon of the Moon to the Phoenix Force? Have they ever met? Would Heather be pure enough? Will Heather have the Dragon, the Mind Stone AND the PF all at the same time?!?! I see this as a very short bonding as the PF really needs Heather's assistance and Heather would learn some things about herself after the experience.

* #2 Sundragon (Pamela, cousin of Moondragon) Similar to Jean when she first became Phoenix, Pamela is lower on the psionic level but is a good person. She is already in space and could easily encounter the PF.

I will think of more characters whom I think would provide a good host and storyline.
    LOL yeah they said it was a go, but today was like they officially stated Giraud's presence, as well as Kid Omega.

These Phoenix mini-series wouldn't happen together, but rather in spurts, and in between major storylines. And no, they are definitely not asking for just anybodies. So far, the total number of hosts that we will see during the long, Dystopian Era arcs are Rachel Summers (non-mini series, just main timeline), Giraud Phoenix IX, time displaced Quentin Quire (non-mini series), another mutant I cant mention yet, then two other Mutants are needed. Preferably females since we have three guys, we should have three girls. These stories represent events experienced by the Phoenix Force, as the Dystopian Era occurs, and Phoenix hosts across the Multiverse slowly become aware of what is leading to the true terror.

Rachel Summers' storyline borrows a bit from her Days of Future Present(?) or Past, not sure, but its part of a lot of new vision that focuses on some dark and heavy issues. Rachel for a while in her story, is shown to have a connection with the Phoenix, but we don't see her become Phoenix until way later. This is to allow her to become a character of her own, and showcase her mutant abilities, before bringing in the Phoenix.

The Cuckoos have been suggested, but the primary writers don't have them slated to be Phoenix, probably anytime ever. I do not like Hope Summers either, no one in our focus group really has. Suggestions for a time displaced Psylocke or Scarlet Witch were given, however, Wanda is unavailable due to her earlier character arc. Not many have gravitated to Psylocke as a host. OH YES Matthew Malloy has been highly recommended, but... he already has a plot of his own going on, and... its better for him to be on this path I feel, than becoming Phoenix.

So... let's look at your suggestions...

1. Moondragon: what I like about this one, it combines two things, the Dragon and the Phoenix. We bring her in as an antihero, it would definitely grant us an interesting plot, especially for her to balance it all out and not become Dark Phoenix (which could happen). The Mind Stone, nor any other Infinity Gem unfortunately would be available during this period, due to prior events. Heather also promises an interesting, introspection of self, and that kind of character development, would lead her into a much greater role, later on. Also, I think she's different enough for this role.

2. Sundragon: another suggestion, another dragon lol. The chief writer would LOVE these ideas of yours, cuz she's a dragon FREEEAK. I honestly see both of them filling in these positions as, they could play off each other as opposites. In fact, despite Pamela being lower level, she could be written to have such a good heart, that the Phoenix found a means to expand her psionic awareness, thus granting her more mobility. Then we have Moondragon, someone naturally more powerful as a psionic, but the darkness in her heart is what inhibits her.

I thought of someone recently myself, I don't remember who, but... those suggestions are almost like... WOW, that's the answer! LOL but, um... we'll need to think it all through. These are sparse but energetic moments, leading to a really big moment to happen for the final showdown.

Mighty Member

So I was going to name some wacky names just to think outside the box of characters with telepathy like Namor (a water guy as a fire bird lol) or The Lizard (Who are cold blooded)

But I had a few other more serious ideas and since you said females are preferred my two suggestions Would be Mantis who has I think a decent motivation and heart as well as Dani Moonstar. The girl who manifests monsters literally becomes one so to speak.

My other answer is wouldn’t this be a perfect time to allow the writers to flex their creative muscles and build a OC character for the story? That way it could be Carte blanche with what you guys could do

Edit: though I do second the moondragon suggestion as well

My #3 female choice would be..................................Tangerine! Yes, Tangerine.

Tangerine is a moderate telepath. But she is also an empath. With psychic bio-electric blasts. And............she is from E-811!

Those 4 things can make for an interesting story. The first 2 powers are Jean Grey-like, while the fourth is something she has in common with Rachel. Yet, the character is her own, and she has her own, distinct look/s (There are actually 2 looks!) plus a unique power of psychic bio-electric blasts.

If I had to choose one male, I thought of the Silver Surfer. He is honest, powerful and pure of heart. He can understand inhabitants of planets and he wants to do good. He could be called the "Silver Phoenix" and I think with the right artistry, his silver and gold look would be amazing! This could happen after the Phoenix and Dark Phoenix storylines. He would be the Silver Surfer in those when the Phoenix Force notices him. Then later, when the need arises..........................so does the Silver Phoenix!
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 09-25-2020 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    So I was going to name some wacky names just to think outside the box of characters with telepathy like Namor (a water guy as a fire bird lol) or The Lizard (Who are cold blooded)

But I had a few other more serious ideas and since you said females are preferred my two suggestions Would be Mantis who has I think a decent motivation and heart as well as Dani Moonstar. The girl who manifests monsters literally becomes one so to speak.

My other answer is wouldn’t this be a perfect time to allow the writers to flex their creative muscles and build a OC character for the story? That way it could be Carte blanche with what you guys could do

Edit: though I do second the moondragon suggestion as well
    Now I like Dani Moonstar, even as a low level Phoenix host, she would be good candidate I fell. Namor never works for me... like, physiologically speaking, he's kinda the opposite of a phoenix, water fish person vs. fiery bird person LOL Not sure how others would view Mantis. But I do feel Dani Moonstar would be someone ppl would vote on. As you mention monsters, she could serve as a "Dark Phoenix" for her mini-arc, should ppl embrace the idea.

Now... let me tell you why an OC should also be on the table... at the time of the Dystopian Arc, we'll have a point where OCs would be highlighted. So maybe then we can get an OC Phoenix host, that is specific to a particular time frame during the latter Dystopian Arc.

I'm also liken to the Moondragon suggestion so... at some point, I need to gather these suggestions and submit them, so we could get some conclusion on that

My #3 female choice would be..................................Tangerine! Yes, Tangerine.

Tangerine is a moderate telepath. But she is also an empath. And............she is from E-811!

Those 3 things can make for an interesting story. The first 2 powers are Jean Grey-like, while the third is something she has in common with Rachel. Yet, the character is her own, and she has her own, distinct look/s (There are actually 2 looks!) plus a unique power of psychic bio-electric blasts.

If I had to choose one male, I thought of the Silver Surfer. He is honest, powerful and pure of heart. He can understand inhabitants of planets and wants to do good. He could be called the Silver Phoenix and I think with the right artistry, his silver and gold look would be amazing! This could happen after the Phoenix and Dark Phoenix Trilogies.
    Well I just saw your comment and was like, there's a Tangerine? And wow, highly underutilized character, which makes her open for us to shape her into the role. I do like the fact she's got commonality with both Jean Grey AND Rachel, yet is her own person, something we really need. I will PM you later, and tell you the reason why.

I don't think we need another male, although bringing up Silver Surfer is interesting for something else I discussed with some fans, so... I'll speak with you on that later. I feel that Giraud, Quire (ew), and the other mutant from a fan writer, we're good for the males (honestly I hope we can vote to replace Quire, I mean like... he appeared in the WHR, that's why he's here, so >_<). Just gotta nail the females. The only one so far is Rachel, who doesn't get a mini-arc since she's the lead in the main timeline story.

This entire ordeal takes place a good long while after the Phoenix Trilogy, going deep into the Dystopian Arc.

Mighty Member

Now I like Dani Moonstar, even as a low level Phoenix host, she would be good candidate I fell. Namor never works for me... like, physiologically speaking, he's kinda the opposite of a phoenix, water fish person vs. fiery bird person LOL Not sure how others would view Mantis. But I do feel Dani Moonstar would be someone ppl would vote on. As you mention monsters, she could serve as a "Dark Phoenix" for her mini-arc, should ppl embrace the idea.

Now... let me tell you why an OC should also be on the table... at the time of the Dystopian Arc, we'll have a point where OCs would be highlighted. So maybe then we can get an OC Phoenix host, that is specific to a particular time frame during the latter Dystopian Arc.

I'm also liken to the Moondragon suggestion so... at some point, I need to gather these suggestions and submit them, so we could get some conclusion on that
    Well I was trying to go a little crazy spark some imagination. The other potential name I thought about but wasn't sure about mentioning was Madame Webb from Spider-Man. I wondered if she would be well known enough for a story like that.
    Last edited by Gripstir; 09-26-2020 at 09:42 AM.

Mighty Member

Well I just saw your comment and was like, there's a Tangerine? And wow, highly underutilized character, which makes her open for us to shape her into the role. I do like the fact she's got commonality with both Jean Grey AND Rachel, yet is her own person, something we really need. I will PM you later, and tell you the reason why.

I don't think we need another male, although bringing up Silver Surfer is interesting for something else I discussed with some fans, so... I'll speak with you on that later. I feel that Giraud, Quire (ew), and the other mutant from a fan writer, we're good for the males (honestly I hope we can vote to replace Quire, I mean like... he appeared in the WHR, that's why he's here, so >_<). Just gotta nail the females. The only one so far is Rachel, who doesn't get a mini-arc since she's the lead in the main timeline story.

This entire ordeal takes place a good long while after the Phoenix Trilogy, going deep into the Dystopian Arc.
    Actually a question, is Quire going to essentially be the same as the comics or are they planning on revamping his look or story at all?

For the female choices I like:

Moondragon
    Sundragon
    Tangerine

I think Mirage would be better as an antagonist of any/all of the 3 ladies above when they are Phoenix. She could try to use her powers against the Phoenix Host and perhaps call in her sister Valkyries.

I do not like Mantis or Madame Web for a choice. Nor do I like Karma, Blindfold, Psylocke, Oracle (Shi'ar) or Destiny (Irene) as a choice. Not every woman with psychic power is a good choice for a Phoenix Host.

Mentally reviewing all of the possible characters, I think we have our best choices in Moondragon, Sundragon and Tangerine.
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 09-26-2020 at 09:22 AM.

For the female choices I like:

Moondragon
    Sundragon
    Tangerine

I think Mirage would be better as an antagonist of any/all of the 3 ladies above when they are Phoenix. She could try to use her powers against the Phoenix Host and perhaps call in her sister Valkyries.

I do not like Mantis or Madame Web for a choice. Nor do I like Karma, Blindfold, Psylocke, Oracle (Shi'ar) or Destiny (Irene) as a choice. Not every woman with psychic power is a good choice for a Phoenix Host.

Mentally reviewing all of the possible characters, I think we have our best choices in Moondragon, Sundragon and Tangerine.
    I like those choices, and honestly Dani would make a great Dark Phoenix, and because this does take place in the future-ish, we could focus on the New Mutants, introduce Mirage that way.

I can agree with that. I mean, I feel strong about these choices. I would ask about Mirage, cuz I do believe the New Mutants come up in Dystopian Arc I, middle or end.

These stories don't happen simultaneously, but rather as moments in between the main stories. I still need to PM you on a few things, but... these stories are meant to explore important areas of the Phoenix, for what becomes a massive, superhero showdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Actually a question, is Quire going to essentially be the same as the comics or are they planning on revamping his look or story at all?
    My sure assumption is a big no. If Jean Grey received several changes, I'm certain that Kid Omega is gonna receive a serious facelift. As he is now, his looks don't... match the anime aesthetic anyways, so... he'd have to undergo a major change of appearance. His backstory is another reason why I fear he's gonna stick with some of these writers, as... he would have some major changes with his narrative, but his canon story does reflect certain elements present in our fan collab work, especially in junction with other characters.