Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Since it has been brought up, I love to have an isight as to where you guy are all planning to take the character of Cyclops. Who he is interacting with, what his place is in this universe, maybe some radically different routes his journey takes in this universe? Maybe if he had some interests outside of furthering Xavier's Dream, the audience might have an easier time relating to him so he is not hated so much. In the main Marvel cannon he was a Radio DJ briefly. I just want to remind all the people working on this project that there are in fact people out there that do actually like the character. Thank you for your time and good luck to a successful launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jottma View Post
    Since it has been brought up, I love to have an isight as to where you guy are all planning to take the character of Cyclops. Who he is interacting with, what his place is in this universe, maybe some radically different routes his journey takes in this universe? Maybe if he had some interests outside of furthering Xavier's Dream, the audience might have an easier time relating to him so he is not hated so much. In the main Marvel cannon he was a Radio DJ briefly. I just want to remind all the people working on this project that there are in fact people out there that do actually like the character. Thank you for your time and good luck to a successful launch.
    Sure! It's all about fans creating and collabing for a Marvel Universe we control!

Cyclops is a character that gradually builds to a major, major point way down the road. That story is about the Summers Brothers, and that story is about him and another who turns out to be a brother, with the two other brothers representing their "good" and "evil". Our chief writer says herself she HATES how the comic writers mishandle Cyclops' character, and has spent much time rebuilding him, so he shines when he should, and his flaws are there for moments of character development. Cyclops' backstory is pretty tragic and terrifying, and the way he's developed from that point (esp with Jean Grey) makes so much more sense than comics, to me.

Yeah well... starting tomorrow, we're discussing their "non-spoiler" plot. Um... bc the project isn't fully announced yet, I can't reveal everything yet, but for now, we can brainstorm some awesome ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    I'm ok with intro plot. I feel more of a free flowing plot discussion leads to better character discussions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I just replied to you.

Maybe do the intro plot and then we can work down the characters as they appear, just for a sense of order?
    That would prolly be better than doing individual characters. Chief gave me a "non-spoiler" guide, so I'll post that tomorrow morning when I can

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMikey View Post
    That would prolly be better than doing individual characters. Chief gave me a "non-spoiler" guide, so I'll post that tomorrow morning when I can
    Ok I'm really happy about that. Excited

Default The Young X-Men

The title IS the first spoiler I can reveal, and I'll cover more in giving the premise now.

I've been busy as a bat from hell, and I'm STILL all over the place -_- Anyway, this is coming later than I wanted, but here we go!

PLOT: To understand the X-Men you need to first understand the Avengers.
    The Avengers formed as our heroes as kids, are all met with misfortune or simply escaped some horrifying siutation. However, what brought them all together is how everyone's situation is connected, one way or another, and this leads to a plot involving Bucky Barnes. Why is any of that important? Well... Bucky's plight, is what introduces the Mutants, many of which are being used and experimented on, for "research purposes", and mainly, turning them into living weapons.

By the time ARC I ends, dramatic circumstances allow the plot to take a turn, and in which we'd return to in the near future. By the time we get to the middle of ARC II, we find Logan is now a street kid, hanging out with some ruffians, encounter old cellmates (like Sabretooth), and a creative circumstance brings him to a young Xavier. Xavier offers Logan a chance to clean up, and make something of himself. Logan only accepts to get off the streets. Logan did find something suspicious on Xavier, and knew he was hiding a past.

He's brought to an old mansion (Xavier's [home school] School for the Gifted), where he meets other young Mutants, several of which were also escapees (escapees: Beast, Cyclops, Thunderbird, Angel, Kurt), (non-escapees: Jean Grey, Storm, Rogue). Seeing how the escapees were very well reformed, Logan doesn't know if he should trust this adult (due to running from a prior situation) or if Xavier is for real. Jean Grey and Scott shares with Logan that Xavier is the realist person ever. Meanwhile Thunderbird is just as suspicious as Logan is. (note: from what I'm getting... this Thunderbird is similar to Vincent Valentine in personality).

Xavier trains them to control their powers, in hopes of introducing them to the world as a force of applicable aid (like superheroes, almost). However, Logan's suspicions cause him to dig deepr into who Xavier actually is, which opens a massive can of worms, which connects to the escapees. Upon this silent discovery, everyone begins this wild ride of "discovering the truth" and seeking questions of where they even come from. Gambit is introduced a bit later, and Logan reasons with him to join the X-Men, if for nothing else, to get off the streets and eat good lol

However, Gambit joining the group brings about an increasing conflict from within, as his free spirit, shadowy conduct, and rebellious nature, was not something to resonate with Cyclops, who's playing leader. Jean Grey especially takes issues as, he's the only person she cannot penetrate psionically. As the X-Men discover more answers, fight a lot of bad guys along the way, more questions spring forth...

Xavier on the other hand, is trying to tend to these kids and start his "school", however he cannot ignore the political stress going on for Mutants (and even other demographics). He also has the reemergence of his former mentor/best friend, Eric Lehnsherr, and fears an oncoming silent civil war. But also, also... Xavier is struggling against his well concealed past, which inevitably catches up with him.

So this is a NON-spoiler plotline! Ideas for plots, sub-plots and onward are to be discussed. Anyone with certain questions, pls PM me

The title IS the first spoiler I can reveal, and I'll cover more in giving the premise now.

I've been busy as a bat from hell, and I'm STILL all over the place -_- Anyway, this is coming later than I wanted, but here we go!

The Avengers formed as our heroes as kids, are all met with misfortune or simply escaped some horrifying siutation. However, what brought them all together is how everyone's situation is connected, one way or another, and this leads to a plot involving Bucky Barnes. Why is any of that important? Well... Bucky's plight, is what introduces the Mutants, many of which are being used and experimented on, for "research purposes", and mainly, turning them into living weapons.

By the time ARC I ends, dramatic circumstances allow the plot to take a turn, and in which we'd return to in the near future. By the time we get to the middle of ARC II, we find Logan is now a street kid, hanging out with some ruffians, encounter old cellmates (like Sabretooth), and a creative circumstance brings him to a young Xavier. Xavier offers Logan a chance to clean up, and make something of himself. Logan only accepts to get off the streets. Logan did find something suspicious on Xavier, and knew he was hiding a past.

He's brought to an old mansion (Xavier's [home school] School for the Gifted), where he meets other young Mutants, several of which were also escapees (escapees: Beast, Cyclops, Thunderbird, Angel, Kurt), (non-escapees: Jean Grey, Storm, Rogue). Seeing how the escapees were very well reformed, Logan doesn't know if he should trust this adult (due to running from a prior situation) or if Xavier is for real. Jean Grey and Scott shares with Logan that Xavier is the realist person ever. Meanwhile Thunderbird is just as suspicious as Logan is. (note: from what I'm getting... this Thunderbird is similar to Vincent Valentine in personality).

Xavier trains them to control their powers, in hopes of introducing them to the world as a force of applicable aid (like superheroes, almost). However, Logan's suspicions cause him to dig deepr into who Xavier actually is, which opens a massive can of worms, which connects to the escapees. Upon this silent discovery, everyone begins this wild ride of "discovering the truth" and seeking questions of where they even come from. Gambit is introduced a bit later, and Logan reasons with him to join the X-Men, if for nothing else, to get off the streets and eat good lol

However, Gambit joining the group brings about an increasing conflict from within, as his free spirit, shadowy conduct, and rebellious nature, was not something to resonate with Cyclops, who's playing leader. Jean Grey especially takes issues as, he's the only person she cannot penetrate psionically. As the X-Men discover more answers, fight a lot of bad guys along the way, more questions spring forth...

Xavier on the other hand, is trying to tend to these kids and start his "school", however he cannot ignore the political stress going on for Mutants (and even other demographics). He also has the reemergence of his former mentor/best friend, Eric Lehnsherr, and fears an oncoming silent civil war. But also, also... Xavier is struggling against his well concealed past, which inevitably catches up with him.

So this is a NON-spoiler plotline! Ideas for plots, sub-plots and onward are to be discussed. Anyone with certain questions, pls PM me
    Wow, this is good! I read to the end, and wanted more, more, more, lol!

Mighty Member

Ah thanks. That helps a lot I'm actually going to look through some of our pms before I offer any concrete stuff because tbh I forgot some of the earlier stuff we discussed and I don't want to have to make you refresh my mind every time but

Some quick ideas I do think we discussed briefly but never in depth and idk if people like it but stuff like Savage Land and the difference between Avengers being accepted and mutants not are good storylines that I think we touched on but don't recall exactly what was said.

I know you said Logan will be coveting the Avengers but I'm wondering if we have room for a third party shadow organization recruiting hit men or something and are trying to actively lure Logan away from Xavier, if Logan doesn't trust Xavier it could be a good story to explore his need to leave and he makes a choice to stay. Or maybe It could be Magnetos brotherhood of mutants

Ah thanks. That helps a lot I'm actually going to look through some of our pms before I offer any concrete stuff because tbh I forgot some of the earlier stuff we discussed and I don't want to have to make you refresh my mind every time but

Some quick ideas I do think we discussed briefly but never in depth and idk if people like it but stuff like Savage Land and the difference between Avengers being accepted and mutants not are good storylines that I think we touched on but don't recall exactly what was said.

I know you said Logan will be coveting the Avengers but I'm wondering if we have room for a third party shadow organization recruiting hit men or something and are trying to actively lure Logan away from Xavier, if Logan doesn't trust Xavier it could be a good story to explore his need to leave and he makes a choice to stay. Or maybe It could be Magnetos brotherhood of mutants
    I like the Savage Land.

I do not like the Anti-Mutant sentiment stories. I want my Mutants to be accepted, or at the very least, not persecuted. But especially when they are on teams, like Wanda and Pietro were for years--no one really went after them. Perhaps loner individuals whom the public are aware that they are mutants could be targeted.....I think at this point, the X-Men should be operating in secrecy mostly.

For another organization trying to lure Logan away.......how about.......Alpha Flight! They have some cool characters which would look great and work well on-screen, plus it ties into the comics.
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 10-15-2020 at 03:10 PM.

LOL no prob! Tonight I'll finally have time to send you a somewhat "un-redacted" version of this plot.

Savage Land would not be apart of the first Arcs of X-Men. Savage Land is being debated for the Dystopian Arcs. The Mutant persecution DOES play a role early on, and is important for the development of The Phoenix Trilogy. Particularly the Third Act. It wouldn't play too central to the X-Men's plot, as it is more character driven, and them solving the mysteries of their pasts.

Now... Logan only "covets" the Avengers, only as they appear more free and unrestricted. The Avengers don't have a curfew the way the X-Men do, the Avengers seem to break a lot of rules without retribution, like Xavier would. And, for the few glimpses he's seen of the Avengers' lives, they get to eat whatever they want, Xavier, is more... conscious and caring of their diet. However, Logan does find that... the Avengers' grass is most certainly not greener. But, he can't help but envy some of their "freedom".

Now... there IS in fact a "third party" secret organization, that is even unknown to the Avengers (yet certain members are apart of it). This third party plays a MASSIVE role in the entirety of The Phoenix Trilogy. Particulary Dark Phoenix Saga, and the "Third Act". They are extremely shady (cuz of who's leader), yet... you can't help but believe them. So... because they are too much a spoiler, I'll have to PM you that plot. It could actually work with Logan's character development... I can see it.

The Mutant Brotherhood has a very interesting plot, they're kinda like villainous/antiheroic... but how they evolve, esp after the Phoenix Trilogy... maybe something could happen between them and Logan

I like the Savage Land.

I do not like the Anti-Mutant sentiment stories. I want my Mutants to be accepted, or at the very least, not persecuted. But especially when they are on teams, like Wanda and Pietro were for years--no one really went after them. Perhaps loner individuals whom the public are aware that they are mutants could be targeted.....I think at this point, the X-Men should be operating in secrecy mostly.

For another organization trying to lure Logan away.......how about.......Alpha Flight! They have some cool characters which would look great and work well on-screen, plus it ties into the comics.
    Because... there's a lot to est. with the X-Men, to hurry and get them to the point of becoming adults, Savage Land is being saved for the Dystopian Arc.

The Anti-Mutant plot does play a role, only cuz... it's important for the Phoenix Trilogy. The Dystopian Arc however, helps to prove the need for Mutants so... there's that

Alpha Flight has not been discussed at all, and... the Dystopian Arc(s) is quite a long one, so dropping an Easter egg, or some forshadowing for the future, would make for an AWESOME future plot! Aamof, that could SOLVE the "what to do with Logan" issue for after the Phoenix Trilogy, where the X-Men kinda fall apart, but then bring in new members. Alpha Flight can also segue into a gr8 solo series as well

Wow, this is good! I read to the end, and wanted more, more, more, lol!
    Yes, there is so much potential here!

I mean, even in a group such as this, where everyone was "the newbie" at one point, sometimes, well, they do not want another person coming into the mix.

Then, there could be a boys vs girls attitude going on, maybe in general, or just power-wise. Even if they are all friends, this rivalry could still be present.

Plus, are they friends, just because they find themselves all together. Are they a team? Or will they become a team after some trials and tribulations?

There could also be conflict over who is "Team Leader". Even newbies who do not know the ropes sometimes feel like they should be the leader. Or would they just not follow the team leader?

What if on a mission, Wolvie sneaks off to check into something that he wants to investigate. Does this jeopardize the mission? Will Prof X know? Do the others chastize Wolvie? Do they cover for him when they return? Are the others subconsciously afraid of him?

Why does Jean not sense something amiss with Prof X? Has he mesmerized her? Are Jean's powers not yet very developed? Is Jean not that powerful in this series? Or, does Jean sense things, but loves X and cannot believe he would do anything bad? Or is there no one for Jean to tell?

I think I just provided many things for us to discuss,, lol!

Mighty Member

Doesn’t have to be persecution but just how mutants are feared. I mean it’s kinda the basis of the X-men.

Doesn’t have to be persecution but just how mutants are feared. I mean it’s kinda the basis of the X-men.
    At first, no one knew the X-Men and secrecy aided their goals. As they became known and known as mutants, then fear came along.

Some Fear is good.

YES! It's way more on the fear thing, and even ppl planting false evidence of danger on them. Still... its meant to be a little toned down like, in the background of the story, just so the primary plot is the X-men exploring mysteries concerning their past...

At first, no one knew the X-Men and secrecy aided their goals. As they became known and known as mutants, then fear came along.

Some Fear is good.
    True, and that plays into the narrative as well. LOL Xavier gets particularly mad tho, as these munchkins are wreaking certain havoc, while he had a plan for what the X-Men would be LOL

Yes, there is so much potential here!

I mean, even in a group such as this, where everyone was "the newbie" at one point, sometimes, well, they do not want another person coming into the mix.

Then, there could be a boys vs girls attitude going on, maybe in general, or just power-wise. Even if they are all friends, this rivalry could still be present.

Plus, are they friends, just because they find themselves all together. Are they a team? Or will they become a team after some trials and tribulations?

There could also be conflict over who is "Team Leader". Even newbies who do not know the ropes sometimes feel like they should be the leader. Or would they just not follow the team leader?

What if on a mission, Wolvie sneaks off to check into something that he wants to investigate. Does this jeopardize the mission? Will Prof X know? Do the others chastize Wolvie? Do they cover for him when they return? Are the others subconsciously afraid of him?

Why does Jean not sense something amiss with Prof X? Has he mesmerized her? Are Jean's powers not yet very developed? Is Jean not that powerful in this series? Or, does Jean sense things, but loves X and cannot believe he would do anything bad? Or is there no one for Jean to tell?

I think I just provided many things for us to discuss,, lol!
    LOL yes there is!

I think that you hit on many points that would play out into this series. Like a hilarious plot suggestion, is them playing Uno to determine who gets to pick the Weekend event. Logan is a sore loser, so no one rly want him losing, Hank is laid back, Angel is overly aggressive, Storm is passive-aggressive, Thunderbird doesn't even participate, and Kurt's the little kid struggling against the big kids. Jean saw she might lose, she starts using her telepathy to figure out what cards everyone has... except it doesn't work on Remy, and he can sense what she's doing, and starts trolling the game. So like, not always in battle mode, these moments give us more into their relationships and how they interact.

You know the conflict that exists tries this team all the time, and its what makes them different from the Avengers. Despite differences, the Avengers see a common goal and work towards it, even if they all don't agree. the X-Men have too many idiocincricies between themselves, and they have to learn to overcome those things. When we see them do so, they kick the Avengers' ass LOL

Tensions rly test the team during the Phoenix Trilogy, so a lotta accusations, blame, retaliation, these things become problems that we get to explore, and it rly builds something new for each character I feel. And yes, Logan does a LOT on his own, sometimes it winds up benefitting the team, other times, not so much. They ALL chastise each other for various reasons, and turn to their "buddy" for comfort. Scott and Jean constantly turn to each other, Storm and Thunderbird, Logan and Jean, Remy and Rogue, sometimes Remy and Thunderbird, and everyone would come to Hank.

Jean... trusts Xavier very much, for a number of reasons... 1, he's a family friend, 2, he helped her get a better grip of her powers, 3, he calls her his "best student" so... she's gonna instantly have more compassion for whatever happens with him. She doesn't believe X would ever do wrong, and is somewhat blinded by that. Also he did put stops in certain areas of her powers, so she could control them so... knowing how strong she actualy is, I'd assume X would prevent her from seeing the truth.

What I love is that X has a DOUBLE character twist and... it helps to challenge the X-Men even more so. The revealations are very strong so... but YES, so much to discuss here!