Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I wondered if, at some point in the last however-many-years the M'Krann crystal has changed because of containing the Phoenix Force. That's been it's purpose for aeons. Now it's loose. Does the M'Krann crystal have some sort of sense of purpose, after all this time? Is the crystal angry about that? Lonely? Does it want the PF back? Is it relieved? Is it just a rock? Did it get destroyed when the PF 'busted out?'

I also wonder about the D'bari. Were any off-world, perhaps doing some sort of ambassadorial thing, or on a trade mission, and found out that their entire world was eaten, including their family and clan? Was there a 'psychic death-scream' of sorts? I could see a D'bari survivor who awoken into vast psychic power upon the death of his race, as their cry of fear and confusion was cut short in his head, but echoes there forever, which he can now project to others as an overwhelming psychic attack. His goal in life, to find the Phoenix host, whoever that might be, and to project into their head the death-cry of his people, all their rage and fear and pain. A futile goal, perhaps, but he's crackers.

Lots of fun potential there.
    Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Excellent! Sounds like this project is in good hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Sounds great!

A Christmas showing of the Phoenix Force would indeed be a Christmas present! I love that idea.

Having and sending lots of virtual love for this project!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Sounds good
    Don't stop brainstorming, there are other X-Men characters to be discussed an developed. I know... the Phoenix Trilogy has been the biggest one, to try and get right lol But there's TONS with the X-Universe to discuss and brainstorm about ^_^

I'll soon post the next character I feel we need to discuss...

Quote Originally Posted by GMikey View Post
    Don't stop brainstorming, there are other X-Men characters to be discussed an developed. I know... the Phoenix Trilogy has been the biggest one, to try and get right lol But there's TONS with the X-Universe to discuss and brainstorm about ^_^

I'll soon post the next character I feel we need to discuss...
    For a sense of orderliness, I will wait to see your post on the next character to discuss (so this thread is not all over the place). There are many great characters I would like to see, so going through them more-or-less one-at-a-time seems the best way.
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 09-23-2020 at 08:02 AM.

Mighty Member

are there any plans for the brood?

are there any plans for the brood?
    Yes, for during the "Dystopian Era" Arc, which is set some time after The Phoenix Trilogy, and after the X-Men had to reform their team some.

I don't remember the full idea, but on the table is a silent galactic warfare in which employs a plot from now abandoned PC game "Dark Orbit", with a mysterious villainous leader known as "Abaddon", who uses various means to spread "his seed", thus this would be the Brood taking host bodies of select intelligent species across the galaxy. He/it also has a legion of bio-mechanical creatures, promising some swell fights.

I also know they want to reinvent the Xenomorph, but slightly less animalistic, and given bio-mechanical fleshy armor, and fleshy and living pulsar weapons. Some of the imagery they submitted as examples are... kinda disturbing and it will make you squeamish. Fleshy, bio-mechanical organisms capable of bleeding, yeah... plenty creepy lol I know the Brood were actually kinda like that from the 90s show, don't remember from comics so much.

I think too, that the Brood are set to bring in a horror element into their mini-arc, so I'm looking forward to that!

For a sense of orderliness, I will wait to see your post on the next character to discuss (so this thread is not all over the place). There are many great characters I would like to see, so going through them more-or-less one-at-a-time seems the best way.
    I think we're still on the Phoenix, but now discussing what other hosts should come into play. We know Kid Omega (omg), and Giraud are two confirmed, but I'm waiting on confirmation

I think we're still on the Phoenix, but now discussing what other hosts should come into play. We know Kid Omega (omg), and Giraud are two confirmed, but I'm waiting on confirmation
    Sounds great!

Mighty Member

Yes, for during the "Dystopian Era" Arc, which is set some time after The Phoenix Trilogy, and after the X-Men had to reform their team some.

I don't remember the full idea, but on the table is a silent galactic warfare in which employs a plot from now abandoned PC game "Dark Orbit", with a mysterious villainous leader known as "Abaddon", who uses various means to spread "his seed", thus this would be the Brood taking host bodies of select intelligent species across the galaxy. He/it also has a legion of bio-mechanical creatures, promising some swell fights.

I also know they want to reinvent the Xenomorph, but slightly less animalistic, and given bio-mechanical fleshy armor, and fleshy and living pulsar weapons. Some of the imagery they submitted as examples are... kinda disturbing and it will make you squeamish. Fleshy, bio-mechanical organisms capable of bleeding, yeah... plenty creepy lol I know the Brood were actually kinda like that from the 90s show, don't remember from comics so much.

I think too, that the Brood are set to bring in a horror element into their mini-arc, so I'm looking forward to that!
    So kinda like the Guyver. Nice

Yeah! Kinda like that. One of the writers mentioned "Scorn" an Xbox game, set in a macabre bio-organic mechanical world, made of mechanized flesh and gut looking **** LOL

So... the Brood would take on an appearance and a setting reminiscent of this (not 3D like this, but you know)

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by GMikey; 09-24-2020 at 09:32 AM.

Yeah! Kinda like that. One of the writers mentioned "Scorn" an Xbox game, set in a macabre bio-organic mechanical world, made of mechanized flesh and gut looking **** LOL

So... the Brood would take on an appearance and a setting reminiscent of this (not 3D like this, but you know)

45f37ac73d7968c14f216b88a3cf825f.jpg

Scorn-Game-trailer-1024x576-1.jpg
    Scary-looking buggers!

see how this looks reminiscent of the Xenomorph?

5-768x432.jpg

Scary-looking buggers!
    LOL yes, I went back into some older notes on the Brood (or just hit search "Brood" in convo lol) and I found that there's actually extensive discussion on them, and making them some serious villains for the X-Men, but for Mutants in general.

The idea for the Brood is to reimagine them as "intelligent/sapient" versions of the Xenomorph, and change them up to be more horror themed, as the next 2-3 arcs after the Phoenix Trilogy, goes down a very dark route.

LOL yes, I went back into some older notes on the Brood (or just hit search "Brood" in convo lol) and I found that there's actually extensive discussion on them, and making them some serious villains for the X-Men, but for Mutants in general.

The idea for the Brood is to reimagine them as "intelligent/sapient" versions of the Xenomorph, and change them up to be more horror themed, as the next 2-3 arcs after the Phoenix Trilogy, goes down a very dark route.
    I have always liked the Brood from the beginning. Mostly for their untapped potentials of power and being a serious threat to mutants.

But I never liked their insect-appearance. It did not seem "real" (insects in space, lol?) "as scary", or as powerful, to me, as they should have been.

I like your reimaging of them and with their power, it would indeed be a dark story for the X-Men and their friends!
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 09-24-2020 at 09:56 AM.

Mighty Member

see how this looks reminiscent of the Xenomorph?

5-768x432.jpg

I’ve seen gameplay of that game. I believe the gun kinda moves when reloaded. Looks great.

Space has unlimited potential for many things, including new and old (but never seen before) enemies.

I would like a focus on this, especially since this is a new working of our beloved characters.

Different worlds, different galaxies and of course some "new" (again, may have existed, but not seen by us) foes, enemies and rivals.

Space has unlimited potential for many things, including new and old (but never seen before) enemies.

I would like a focus on this, especially since this is a new working of our beloved characters.

Different worlds, different galaxies and of course some "new" (again, may have existed, but not seen by us) foes, enemies and rivals.
    Yes true. And, I'm not supposed to say this prematurely, but there's going to be room for fans to develop OCs and OC concepts, to definitely introduce totally new and original material.