Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Hmmm....that makes sense, but I haven't seen a confident Rogue without Carol's powers outside the comics (I guess its another reason why we need a new X-Men cartoon lol)
    That's the purpose here, to bring some solid ideas and concepts for the X-Men and Mutants, from our perspective into animation. But as mentioned, I kinda like the idea of developing Rogue more, showing early own she had a sense of self (up until the boyfriend thing), but then that sense of self is like rekindled and taken to a new level upon gaining Carol Danvers' powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    I once saw an headcanon on tumblr that kwannon and betsy are half sisters, and it sparked my interest even if not pratical.
    I mean hey, that could be very interesting, especially since Psylocke joins the X-Men later on. So a plot could develop about that, and its introduced during that specific arc

Oh and let me list out the current X-Men of their first arc (as other characters will come and go). This line up was selected a year ago or so. They won't be the ONLY X-Men, as time progresses, some team members will leave, allowing new members to join in. This series starts them off as young kids, and then a time skip occurs and they're young adults moving forward. Some, like Wolverine, Cyclops and Gambit, Beast and Nightcrawler, have specifically interesting new takes on their backstories. I definitely LOVE the twist plot concerning Wolverine ^_^

Scott Summers / Cyclops

J. Logan Howlett / Wolverine

Ororo Munroe / Storm

Remy Etienne Lebeau / Gambit

Jean Grey / um... as herself LOL

Warren Worthington / Angel-Archangel

Anna Marie [Thompson] / Rogue (yep she has a last name now)

Henry McCoy / Beast

John Proudstar / Thunderbird (dump all you know as canon. He's been re-imagined lol)

Kurt Wagner / Nightcrawler (everyone's baby brother)

Charles "Uncle Chuck" Xavier / Professor X (he's a young adult, and also, has a unique origin story)

That's a lot of damn characters LOL Other reoccurring mutants include Colossus, Emma Frost, Deadpool, Domino, Spyke (again, re-imagined), a version of Hope Summers (but not Hope), the Morlocks, and definitely villainous ones like Sabretooth, Mystique (young adult), Magneto (adult), Magneto (son of), Pyro, Northstar, definitely the Maximoffs (YES they're Mutants once more), etc...

Quote Originally Posted by GMikey View Post
    Oh and let me list out the current X-Men of their first arc (as other characters will come and go). This line up was selected a year ago or so. They won't be the ONLY X-Men, as time progresses, some team members will leave, allowing new members to join in. This series starts them off as young kids, and then a time skip occurs and they're young adults moving forward. Some, like Wolverine, Cyclops and Gambit, Beast and Nightcrawler, have specifically interesting new takes on their backstories. I definitely LOVE the twist plot concerning Wolverine ^_^

Scott Summers / Cyclops

J. Logan Howlett / Wolverine

Ororo Munroe / Storm

Remy Etienne Lebeau / Gambit

Warren Worthington / Angel-Archangel

Anna Marie [Thompson] / Rogue (yep she has a last name now)

Henry McCoy / Beast

John Proudstar / Thunderbird (dump all you know as canon. He's been re-imagined lol)

Kurt Wagner / Nightcrawler (everyone's baby brother)

Charles "Uncle Chuck" Xavier / Professor X (he's a young adult, and also, has a unique origin story)

That's a lot of damn characters LOL Other reoccurring mutants include Colossus, Emma Frost, Deadpool, Domino, Spyke (again, re-imagined), a version of Hope Summers (but not Hope), the Morlocks, and definitely villainous ones like Sabretooth, Mystique (young adult), Magneto (adult), Magneto (son of), Pyro, Northstar, definitely the Maximoffs (YES they're Mutants once more), etc...
    This sounds soooo good, I cannot wait to see it!!

It has many of my favorites including Arch-Angel, Beast, Rogue, Thunderbird, Colossus, Domino, Spyke, Northstar and the Twin Mutants Maximoff!

Quote Originally Posted by GMikey View Post

You could go with a couple of code names: Marvel Girl, Redd, Psyche

You could go with a couple of code names: Marvel Girl, Redd, Psyche
    Could also go with "Miss Marvel" or even.......................MARVEL WOMAN.

It is okay to slightly drift off the comics on code names, since ultimately...........Jean will become Phoenix!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Could also go with "Miss Marvel" or even.......................MARVEL WOMAN.

It is okay to slightly drift off the comics on code names, since ultimately...........Jean will become Phoenix!
    Yes but before Phoenix, Young Jean might need a code name because the X-Men have enemies who will go after them and their families

Yes but before Phoenix, Young Jean might need a code name because the X-Men have enemies who will go after them and their families
    Oh I get that, which is why I suggested some additional code-names. These are just not necessarily ones that the traditional JG of E-616 used. But this project can alter from the comics and use these or other ones that the writer decides on.

Mighty Member

Hmmm....that makes sense, but I haven't seen a confident Rogue without Carol's powers outside the comics (I guess its another reason why we need a new X-Men cartoon lol)
    I think Xmen Evolution had a great Rogue. I think the thing people don't get is Rogue needs people she craves people. And even though she fears it she loves the attention Gambit gives her. I think she is insecure but I think it's her Southern style that gives her her own personality. I think it's just that gaining Carols powers scares her in other ways. They always say that fear of s bigger threat can lessen your fear of something else

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    It would fit that Rogue was a very confident exuberant young woman, before her own mutant powers kicked in and was immediately afflicted with crippling self-doubt and drew in on herself (after nearly killing her boyfriend, and absorbing all of his fear and confusion and doubts at the moment it happened), and only after gaining the Carol Danvers powers (and attitude) that sort of re-ignited her own childhood confidence.

It would be sort of the best of both worlds, in that Rogue's stronger (and more popular) personality traits could indeed have been her own, and not just borrowed confidence from Carol.
    Yeah I would say I think Carol might spark her but Rogue definitely is that Tomboyish girl who grew up around boys. That's exactly how you expect a southern...well not a bell to act lol

There is a slight problem with this though. If she and Gambit get together or if she has another romance it's going to hurt the audience perception of love. Where if you draw attention to Carols personality and confidence being instilled the question is going to start coming up of if she is able to consent to love for herself or is it Carols personality that is falling in love. Again I want to say there's a difference between what someone writes and what people interpret. I'm just saying that could be a potentially problematic element that could distract from the story audience is wondering if it's Rogue or Carols personality that is making decisions. Or if they are always doing it together then does Rogue have any agency.

Idk I feel like I understand that Carol is a part of Rogue but I just worry about audience reception to drawing too much attention and light to the idea that Rogue's brain is altered by Carol
    Last edited by Gripstir; 09-19-2020 at 01:51 PM.

This sounds amazing BTW and I'm so impressed you're wanting fan input.

Regarding Rogue, was always my understanding that she gained her codename from her childhood nickname and personality. In tales of her childhood, it was always implied that she was tough, determined, stubborn, sassy and adventurous way before she absorbed Carol. Mousey and quiet Rogue as portrayed in the Fox movies never felt right. Comic Rogue was still sassy and tough after Carol's persona left her, which was before her romance with Gambit ever started. I think Carol's persona helped her become more heroic and selfless in the comics after she joined the X-Men in the 80s. But as the Evolution cartoon shows, she could have gotten there on her own eventually and was rough and sassy without Carol.
    Last edited by AppleJ; 09-19-2020 at 04:59 PM.

If anything, the isolation of Rogue's powers makes her more angry, bitter, and sad than frightened and mousey.

Afterall, she didn't grow up without touch. She knows what she is missing, at least to an extent.

But I think touch is scary for her not only because she can harm others, but also because of the disorientation and negative experiences she can absorb from her victims and how they can linger and haunt her. Seeing other people's deepest and darkest experiences should make her incredibly empathetic, which she usually is when well written. But it could also be extremely disturbing for her and violating for those she takes memories from.

I don't believe she was ever scared of Carol's powers, just of Carol's personality taking over her body - which she almost did and Rogue nearly let her because of her guilt.

I think the question is how do you want to handle the pyches of people she has absorbed? Usually they have been portrayed to fade away or to at least be stored on a subconscious level. Conversely I've seen her written as haunted by pyches and/or having power recall of her victims.
    Last edited by AppleJ; 09-19-2020 at 04:56 PM.

So this thread is about the script that the OP’s friend is writing, and not about an X-universe Canon/Fanon think tank then?
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Very curious as to what you'll do different with Gambit's backstory, as I'm super partial to the Thieves Guild, though admittedly it badly needs a makeover and some modernization. But ... if there are some "Sinister" connections in there, that's a huge part of both his fanon and canon that I think a lot would really get behind.

Why not both?