Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
If anything, the isolation of Rogue's powers makes her more angry, bitter, and sad than frightened and mousey.

Afterall, she didn't grow up without touch. She knows what she is missing, at least to an extent.

But I think touch is scary for her not only because she can harm others, but also because of the disorientation and negative experiences she can absorb from her victims and how they can linger and haunt her. Seeing other people's deepest and darkest experiences should make her incredibly empathetic, which she usually is when well written. But it could also be extremely disturbing for her and violating for those she takes memories from.

I don't believe she was ever scared of Carol's powers, just of Carol's personality taking over her body - which she almost did and Rogue nearly let her because of her guilt.

I think the question is how do you want to handle the pyches of people she has absorbed? Usually they have been portrayed to fade away or to at least be stored on a subconscious level. Conversely I've seen her written as haunted by pyches.
Especially since Rogue was using Carol's powers with ease and freely, how much of Carol and how much of Rogue was in control