Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post

THIS... IS... PERFECTION!

While this is EXACTLY how I pictured Giraud, the artwork is beyond what I was imagining! She is a terrific artist!

The eyes, the golden color, the white/black accents, the Phoenix Symbol and the Phoenix Raptor in gold with red waves = TOTALLY-ON-POINT.

I would love to see this on screen just as is---does not need any tweaking or anything (to me).

I also love the fact that the background is not just blank space, but is actually IN SPACE! The setting of stars, planets and Nebulae makes it even more AWESOME.

Giant THANK YOU to all!
    Lol well thank YOU for even coming up with this idea.

I was FLOORED when she put that in chat today. I was like WHOA. I especially love that she made the black of his suit filled with the cosmos, as if the cosmos is inside him, in a way. I love the gold, it literally shines like, despite this being drawn. I also appreciate that he resembles his canon counterpart very well, yet she used the Japanese style. Meaning, she made the artstyle fit Giraud's original design, rather than completely redesign the character.

She HATED how the Phoenix raptor came out, and complained about it not rendering correctly. She didn't mind it only cuz she considered this somewhat a draft, and said the Phoenix needed to be there only for affect. You need to see the other Phoenix she drew. That's also gonna be a spectacle.

She did say she'd like to know more about the Gold Phoenix, other than it being Giraud's evolution, and that the Gold Phoenix has a purpose in the Crown. So... that's some work on us

THIS... IS... PERFECTION!

While this is EXACTLY how I pictured Giraud, the artwork is beyond what I was imagining! She is a terrific artist!

The eyes, the golden color, the white/black accents, the Phoenix Symbol and the Phoenix Raptor in gold with red waves = TOTALLY-ON-POINT.

I would love to see this on screen just as is---does not need any tweaking or anything (to me).

I also love the fact that the background is not just blank space, but is actually IN SPACE! The setting of stars, planets and Nebulae makes it even more AWESOME.

Giant THANK YOU to all!
    You think we should post this as a separate thread, just to see what others would think?

Quote Originally Posted by GMikey View Post
    You think we should post this as a separate thread, just to see what others would think?
    Hmmn, knowing how most are not such Phoenix fans---they consider only Jean the Phoenix and call it a "cosmic STD that gets passed around to others". Uggh.

Maybe let us wait to we have more Gold Phoenix ideas fleshed out? This way besides the visual they will have a story that perhaps with which they can connect?

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

If they're bringing back the phoenix it should be more lovecraftian
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Hmmn, knowing how most are not such Phoenix fans---they consider only Jean the Phoenix and call it a "cosmic STD that gets passed around to others". Uggh.

Maybe let us wait to we have more Gold Phoenix ideas fleshed out? This way besides the visual they will have a story that perhaps with which they can connect?
    I wish she had one of Jean Grey... then I think it'd be easier to post it.

Let's just wait on it. We still need to work on the ideas we've discussed; aamof I should list what we discussed, and then we could quickly wrap up each, and move to other subjects.

As far as ideas go, The Gold Phoenix is Giraud's ultimate form as the Phoenix, and it is also his rank within the Crown. There are other Phoenixes of the Crown, as shown in the WHR, not just White Phoenix, so... very little exploration of what the Crown is and what goes on there, would be cool. I say just a little as, it should always maintain its mystery and mystique. Chief writer did flesh out the Crown's purpose (um need to go back to earlier posts), which gives us something to work with. My thoughts is... since he was touched by "alien" cosmic energy, he is able to harness some of its powers that are outside of the Phoenix Force, making him the only conduit the Phoenix Force has with this estranged cosmic energy, from beyond Creation.

That's just something I'm throwing out there. Within the Crown, his Phoenix Work could mean balancing out the energies of the Phoenix Force and the new "Cosmic Entity".

Mighty Member

Yeah so, the other day or so I msg'd all the writers about the inclusion of a new idea for Phoenix IX. It was well received overall. Some stated that... the idea of "The Gold Phoenix" could outshine other hosts, and that led to some arguments. Mostly over how would the Gold Phoenix compare to the White Phoenix. I like what chief writer said and how she said it "I personally don't want to the Phoenix narrative to focus on who's more powerful than who, but rather the hero's journey of self by becoming their best as Phoenix".

She indicated she liked the idea of the Gold Phoenix, but I had NO idea she'd go draw it. She says that, as busy as she was, the idea was highly inspired and so novel, that she couldn't help but put it on paper, to get an idea of what it would be like.

I absolutely love this design! To her... she nitpicked about this being a first draft and that she didn't have time to render the Phoenix Force correctly... This is more a concept than the full vision. Also, this concept work contains a lot of little details that the animation wouldn't have all the time (of course, animating is tricky, so...).

I personally think this is awesome. But yep!

Cool design. Is she the main artist for the project as well?

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    If they're bringing back the phoenix it should be more lovecraftian
    Well... there's actually an aspect of the Phoenix Trilogy that does delve into cosmic horror. The whole Phoenix narrative is totally restructured, Jean Grey's story with it has changed up, she's not gonna die a bunch of times, and she doesn't stay stuck to it like in canon. However, there's been an additional element that becomes central to the Phoenix Trilogy, which is a "Cosmic Rival". This new entity definitely brings in that cosmic horror element, and is so uniquely powerful, not even Jean Grey/Phoenix can combat it with sheer power and manipulation. The main writer states, the "Cosmic Rival" is an entity with no immediate answers of how to deal with it. Not even the most powerful cosmic beings and entities can control its venom, which is where its underlining horror element comes into play.

There's also no place safe from its reach and effect. Not even in pocket dimensions, the Overspace, the Nexus of Realities or the White Hot Room can escape it. This forces the Phoenix to get really creative in how it combats this entity. Also, the entity itself/himself, also has a massive narrative that involves challenging cosmic authority, defining the meaning of Destiny beyond others, and granting us a thin line between who's actually the hero and who's the villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Cool design. Is she the main artist for the project as well?
    As of now, she's the primary artist, and is animator of the first Arc. Our collab artists said they'll soon be on board, and have contributed edits and changes per design.

It is easier for writers to work simultaneously on something like this than artists. That's kinda why for Arc I, possibly even Arc II, we only have one dedicated artist/animator. Also, she's a former instructor, so... she can work much quicker comparied to some hobbyist animators.

I wish she had one of Jean Grey... then I think it'd be easier to post it.

Let's just wait on it. We still need to work on the ideas we've discussed; aamof I should list what we discussed, and then we could quickly wrap up each, and move to other subjects.

As far as ideas go, The Gold Phoenix is Giraud's ultimate form as the Phoenix, and it is also his rank within the Crown. There are other Phoenixes of the Crown, as shown in the WHR, not just White Phoenix, so... very little exploration of what the Crown is and what goes on there, would be cool. I say just a little as, it should always maintain its mystery and mystique. Chief writer did flesh out the Crown's purpose (um need to go back to earlier posts), which gives us something to work with. My thoughts is... since he was touched by "alien" cosmic energy, he is able to harness some of its powers that are outside of the Phoenix Force, making him the only conduit the Phoenix Force has with this estranged cosmic energy, from beyond Creation.

That's just something I'm throwing out there. Within the Crown, his Phoenix Work could mean balancing out the energies of the Phoenix Force and the new "Cosmic Entity".
    Sure!

Here is how I currently see things:

1) Yes, The Gold Phoenix version is Giraud at his highest potential or ultimate form within the Crown.

2) There are many other Phoenix within the Crown. Some have costumes that do not mean anything, as they only wielded the force for a small, specific time or adventure. Purpose was short, defined, specific. Others may have tried to take or steal the force and their costume is unremarkable. Maybe the PF tried to bond with some ONLY out of necessity being dire, but it really did not want to. These "Phoenix" would likewise not have any special significance. These costumes can be anything, such as a person's usual costume with a Phoenix on it or a Phoenix costume in all different colors or a mix of colors. These are just preferences of the host or wielder.

There can be Green Phoenix hosts where they were in control. Red would be loss of control and giving into the person's dark side/desires as Dark Phoenix.

We have The White Phoenix of the Crown, the highest level a host can attain. Jean is the only WPC.

Giraud will be the only Gold Phoenix as that is his special significance within the PF, but which also allows for him to bond with the Cosmic Rival Power. He thus has a special role and in the WHRoom, he will deal with the balance of the two and using both to accomplish tasks, whereas they normally would not/would not be able to work together.

[When it is acceptable, we need to go over what the Cosmic Rival Power is in detail so that I ------and then later the others----will be able to understand that aspect.]

3) Yes, the Crown is full of mysteries and mystique that we cannot hope to understand, let alone explain or show to mere mortals! Much will still be that way, hidden and mysterious!

4) Giraud will have the powers of both the PF but also the powers of the Cosmic Rival Powers. In our Universe/Multiverse (oh no, not that again, lol!), no one but the Cosmic Rival Host can understand, accept, relate to or use the CR power. Except for Giraud. He can as well. He will help that Cosmic Rival Power/Host be able to exist and work in our side of things, which is a constant challenge and is ongoing.
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 10-01-2020 at 07:51 PM.

Sure!

Here is how I currently see things:

1) Yes, The Gold Phoenix version is Giraud at his highest potential or ultimate form within the Crown.

2) There are many other Phoenix within the Crown. Some have costumes that do not mean anything, as they only wielded the force for a small, specific time or adventure. Purpose was short, defined, specific. Others may have tried to take or steal the force and their costume is unremarkable. Maybe the PF tried to bond with some ONLY out of necessity being dire, but it really did not want to. These "Phoenix" would likewise not have any special significance. These costumes can be anything, such as a person's usual costume with a Phoenix on it or a Phoenix costume in all different colors or a mix of colors. These are just preferences of the host or wielder.

There can be Green Phoenix hosts where they were in control. Red would be loss of control and giving into the person's dark side/desires as Dark Phoenix.

We have The White Phoenix of the Crown, the highest level a host can attain. Jean is the only WPC.

Giraud will be the only Gold Phoenix as that is his special significance within the PF, but which also allows for him to bond with the Cosmic Rival Power. He thus has a special role and in the WHRoom, he will deal with the balance of the two and using both to accomplish tasks, whereas they normally would not/would not be able to work together.

[When it is acceptable, we need to go over what the Cosmic Rival Power is in detail so that I ------and then later the others----will be able to understand that aspect.]

3) Yes, the Crown is full of mysteries and mystique that we cannot hope to understand, let alone explain or show to mere mortals! Much will still be that way, hidden and mysterious!

4) Giraud will have the powers of both the PF but also the powers of the Cosmic Rival Powers. In our Universe/Multiverse (oh no, not that again, lol!), no one but the Cosmic Rival Host can understand, accept, relate to or use the CR power. Except for Giraud. He can as well. He will help that Cosmic Rival Power/Host be able to exist and work in our side of things, which is a constant challenge and is ongoing.
    1. ✓
    This gives us a chance to see what it would be like for someone to reach their full potential as Phoenix, regardless of how "powerful" or not they are compared to other hosts. Plus, what he achieved as Phoenix, is what granted him a place in the Crown.

2. Yes, chief used New X-Men to show that there are others in the Crown. She never went into the costumes of others, but... it is pretty good speculation that other hosts. It could be something explored. Some of the situations you mention, could be why someone like Quentin doesn't have a significant suit. The colors being generated by the personality of the hosts, is a good idea.

3. Identifying other hosts as Green or Dark Phoenix, doesn't have to be said, but everyone watching could see the evolution of the colors and meaning (like Sundragon and Tangerine we also see as Green Phoenix, and Moondragon and Mirage could turn Dark Phoenix, with red suits). White Phoenix is when the host and Phoenix perfectly become one, and in this narrative, Jean achieves this due to the Phoenix Force utilizing her powers so much, they became fitted with each other. It was fractured after the events of Dark Phoenix Saga, so Jean wound up, somewhat replacing what the Phoenix lost. There's another color to discuss that is very interesting. It solely pertains to the "Cosmic Rival", only achievable by its "one true host". It represents why it (or "he" as its host) is so powerful, able to choose its place in the Crown, as well as other weird ****. That's why the Gold Phoenix would be important...

4. Yes, Giraud being the intermediary between the two powers, will offer a lot to explore, and question as well. It also gives us a chance to experience walking the line between two worlds, and what type of Phoenix host is capable of such. Giraud would also need development that is non-Phoenix related, so as we return to his character at certain times, we get to learn who Giraud of Haven (hope that's right) is as a person, learn why the PF would choose him, and how he was able to be touched by "Cosmic Rival". And yes, due to him personally accepting "Cosmic Rival's" energy, not fighting it, allowed him to form that bond. Having him work with the host of "Cosmic Rival" would promise some awesome subsequent future plots. Another thing that makes the Gold Phoenix the most unique Phoenix host, and why there's only one, is the fact he's the only one that (technically) channels the energies of both entities, thus serves as the balance for both cosmic powers.

5. I believe everyone will love the direction of exploring what the WHR is, as well as the Crown. Chief loves mysticism, so she's gonna employ a lot of that stuff for these really powerful levels of cosmic adventure. She described these cosmic voyages as "metaphysical mindfucks" XDDDDDD I cannot even.

And yes, there IS a multiverse in our series. Chief says the multiverse will allow fans to come up with their own individual stories, and other hobbyist artists would create matching art. These would be assigned their own "reality numbers", which are set apart from the "prime universe". Giraud would come from a universe separate from the "prime universe", and his story would show how the devastating aftermath from the prime timeline, is affecting the multiverse as a whole. Forge is another one. OH and I figured out how Bishop could be in the Annihilators, and if anything, it's gonna help the narrative.

And yes, there IS a multiverse in our series. Chief says the multiverse will allow fans to come up with their own individual stories, and other hobbyist artists would create matching art. These would be assigned their own "reality numbers", which are set apart from the "prime universe". Giraud would come from a universe separate from the "prime universe", and his story would show how the devastating aftermath from the prime timeline, is affecting the multiverse as a whole. Forge is another one. OH and I figured out how Bishop could be in the Annihilators, and if anything, it's gonna help the narrative.
    Cool.

In the comics, Giraud of Haven is from Earth-691.

Originally stated to be a human, I believe it was the PF who stated to Giraud that he had latent powers within him, making Giraud a mutant. He used massive TP, TK and energy powers as Phoenix IX.

Glad you figured out Bishop. I was beginning to think he might be left out of that team.

Cool.

Originally stated to be a human, I believe it was the PF who stated to Giraud that he had latent powers within him, making Giraud a mutant. He used massive TP, TK and energy powers as Phoenix IX.

Glad you figured out Bishop. I was beginning to think he might be left out of that team.
    Okay cool.

He needed to possess some energy based powers, cuz remember psychics (overall) are incompatible with the "Cosmic Rival". There are actually very few instances in which "Cosmic Rival" took on psionic people. However, there was a good reason why and how, which the chief says, represents the principle of "no absolutes". Mattew Malloy being one. However, he DOES possess powerful energy generation, that is inter-dimensional and according to Xavier (from the comics), even multiversal. But also, Matthew have history with "Cosmic Rival".

For Giraud, his energy principle made him a lot more receptive to CR's energy, but more over, Giraud's attitude to understand this energy (even if he couldn't grasp it), made him capable to receive a portion. Thus evolve to Gold Phoenix.

I'll pm you on Bishop. I remembered a plot to be added in, and like... okay it would make sense for Bishop to actually be on the team.

Cool.

I know I didn't PM yet, and I will soon lol

I'm not where I can but she updated the concept art and "fixed" the Phoenix. I'm on my phone right now so have to do it when I get back.

Also let's try to wrap up with some brainstorming, so we can move to other characters and ideas. The Phoenix Trilogy has been one of the biggest things dominating all our chats and forums. Um, I'll look through and see what appears unfinished and I'll bring that back up. Also, I think most everyone doesn't mind whatever ever you all here do for the Annihilators.

I know I didn't PM yet, and I will soon lol

I'm not where I can but she updated the concept art and "fixed" the Phoenix. I'm on my phone right now so have to do it when I get back.
    Does the fix still look as great as what we saw yesterday?