Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Does the fix still look as great as what we saw yesterday?
    Lol oh it'll look awesome. I've seen a couple of her animated demos of what the Phoenix would look like, and it is super fantastic. I may beg her to pass one of them to me, so I can post it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMikey View Post
    I know I didn't PM yet, and I will soon lol

I'm not where I can but she updated the concept art and "fixed" the Phoenix. I'm on my phone right now so have to do it when I get back.

Also let's try to wrap up with some brainstorming, so we can move to other characters and ideas. The Phoenix Trilogy has been one of the biggest things dominating all our chats and forums. Um, I'll look through and see what appears unfinished and I'll bring that back up. Also, I think most everyone doesn't mind whatever ever you all here do for the Annihilators.
    I figured we were going arc by arc and when a new arc came up you'd let us know what things the writers needed help with

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    I figured we were going arc by arc and when a new arc came up you'd let us know what things the writers needed help with
    Yeah see... I'm doing this SOOOO haphazardly. Honestly bc they haven't even announced their/our name, the first story, all that... its why this seems a bit aimless. The real thing I wanted is to allow ppl to bring ideas and brainstorm on them, so that... as the actual thing is launched, we're already ready and pumped with ideas. this also makes animation go quicker if we already got some stories and plots ready.

We should prolly finish the Annihilators' line up and plot. Its a lot going on, and Eric (one of our writers) said to me we can just go ahead, free reign to come up with stuff for the Annihilators, and later on, we can shape the story to fit in with the overall narrative.

Mighty Member

Yeah see... I'm doing this SOOOO haphazardly. Honestly bc they haven't even announced their/our name, the first story, all that... its why this seems a bit aimless. The real thing I wanted is to allow ppl to bring ideas and brainstorm on them, so that... as the actual thing is launched, we're already ready and pumped with ideas. this also makes animation go quicker if we already got some stories and plots ready.

We should prolly finish the Annihilators' line up and plot. Its a lot going on, and Eric (one of our writers) said to me we can just go ahead, free reign to come up with stuff for the Annihilators, and later on, we can shape the story to fit in with the overall narrative.
    Lol I’m amazed at how organized you are keeping everything. There’s so much going on and so much info and you’re keeping track of it all so well. And sounds like there’s a lot more stuff gonna be covered besides what has been revealed so far

Default Finishing ideas we already started

In our excitement, this thread has gone all over the place LOL

I want some of what we've discussed to have a sense of completion, however, make sure we definitely continue to brainstorm on those topics.

I already stated it, but will say it again, our writers are busy with a lot and told me, we have free reign to do whatever we want with the Annihilators, practically. Since I know the basics of these story arcs, I'll try to serve as a guide... like I know Adam Warlock was mentioned, but I knew he's gonna be "off world" so to speak, and won't be available in this timeline for a period.

The Phoenix Five were mentioned, and honestly, I'd like to return to that topic. The Phoenix Five members are already chosen, however its been a bit of a headache giving them a plot. Chief has some ideas, but its received mixed reception. I'll get into that later. I personally think her idea is very good, and it offers an extra dimension to Jean Grey's plot, iyam.

Lastly, as we discuss each team, their line ups, and plots, I'm gonna start inviting those fans from other threads into ours, so they can also give some insights. I LOVE we have here, and I'd like to expand on it as much as possible

I'll post updated Giraud, don't ya'll worry!

All sounds good to me!

YAY got it. I must be honest, this does look better than the original.

LOL she still complained and said she doesn't have the time to do more, but at least she's happier with this Phoenix. I think she said she wound up having to straight up redraw the fire raptor.

Anyway, I'll post the closer up version, this she had to back out some and show the size of the redone Phoenix raptor.

Here's the up close version

I do love the new redone Phoenix Raptor even better than the other one!

I do love the new redone Phoenix Raptor even better than the other one!
    LOL yes, she says its still not right, but will leave it alone for now. Either way, I'm really loving Gold Phoenix, and been thinking about him for the longest as what powers he would have, and what we'd actually see him capable of. Since he was touched by "Cosmic Rival's" alien cosmic energy, I'd assume he's got some of it's abilities. I'd be cool like, if we could see him on mission for something dealing with multiple universes or dimensions. Even someting where he has to bring about a salvation like balance between universes that are born of the Phoenix Force's life and psionic energy, versus new universes spawned by "Cosmic Rival's" meta-psionic and life-stream energy.

Also, as excited even I am about the Gold Phoenix... he would need to be used very sparsely, so it'll always have that impact, and mystique about it. Not being overused, y'know...

Let's finish talking about the Annihilators.

We've got a pretty solid idea of this team...

Gladiator formed them during the "Third" Phoenix Saga (which comes after Phoenix and Dark Phoenix Saga), when the "Cosmic Rival" rises and begins to wreak havoc. The Shi'ar Empress somewhat commissions Gladiator to get on it, as the "Cosmic Rival" is an entity that no one seems to have an answer in dealing with. Gladiator then states "I'm putting together a team", and as they know "Cosmic Rival" is an energy based cosmic entity, Gladiator puts a team together of energy based fighters. The Annihilators do somewhat fight alongside Jean Grey/Phoenix, as they are all trying to figure out how to address "Cosmic Rival".

I've asked our writers about the Annihilators, and they basically gave us free reign to develop the idea.

Here's our team so far:

1) Gladiator: Leader, needed muscle and other space powers
    2) Quasar: Would be great in the story, a "must-have"
    3) Havok: His powers have never been explored much, but in space, he will really absorb and emit mega-powerful blasts.
    also Havok has some interesting future entanglement where "Cosmic Rival" is concerned, so I say let's bring him on.
    4) Bishop: initally I was like... hmm with Bishop. However, due to what I know is gonna be done for Forge, and how he plays a big role for Jean Grey in the distant future, bringing Bishop on would help to expand that plot.
    5) Paragon: she's got cool alien powers, powerful energy manipulation, and... she may help usher in the new big bad for the future "Dystopian" Arc.
    6) Starhawk: I feel he would be a plus on this team, however I don't think we've confirmed him on board yet...

7- or more) we've got a mix of ppl to decide on, such as Captain Marvel, Photon, Vulcan, Starhawk, some others I can't recount.

Thanks to Gripstir and Phoenixx9 for these suggestions. Let's solidify just a plot and line up. We don't have to go in deep, but get a rly solid idea, so that... we have something of substance, once the really big talks begin

Let's finish talking about the Annihilators.

We've got a pretty solid idea of this team...

Gladiator formed them during the "Third" Phoenix Saga (which comes after Phoenix and Dark Phoenix Saga), when the "Cosmic Rival" rises and begins to wreak havoc. The Shi'ar Empress somewhat commissions Gladiator to get on it, as the "Cosmic Rival" is an entity that no one seems to have an answer in dealing with. Gladiator then states "I'm putting together a team", and as they know "Cosmic Rival" is an energy based cosmic entity, Gladiator puts a team together of energy based fighters. The Annihilators do somewhat fight alongside Jean Grey/Phoenix, as they are all trying to figure out how to address "Cosmic Rival".

I've asked our writers about the Annihilators, and they basically gave us free reign to develop the idea.

Here's our team so far:

1) Gladiator: Leader, needed muscle and other space powers
    2) Quasar: Would be great in the story, a "must-have"
    3) Havok: His powers have never been explored much, but in space, he will really absorb and emit mega-powerful blasts.
    also Havok has some interesting future entanglement where "Cosmic Rival" is concerned, so I say let's bring him on.
    4) Bishop: initally I was like... hmm with Bishop. However, due to what I know is gonna be done for Forge, and how he plays a big role for Jean Grey in the distant future, bringing Bishop on would help to expand that plot.
    5) Paragon: she's got cool alien powers, powerful energy manipulation, and... she may help usher in the new big bad for the future "Dystopian" Arc.
    6) Starhawk: I feel he would be a plus on this team, however I don't think we've confirmed him on board yet...

7- or more) we've got a mix of ppl to decide on, such as Captain Marvel, Photon, Vulcan, Starhawk, some others I can't recount.

Thanks to Gripstir and Phoenixx9 for these suggestions. Let's solidify just a plot and line up. We don't have to go in deep, but get a rly solid idea, so that... we have something of substance, once the really big talks begin
    I definitely think Starhawk should be a member. He is capable of flight and space flight, super strength, major energy powers including a white light healing ability as well as a Cosmic Awareness that could help the group track down the Cosmic Rival. In addition, he is empowered by the vastly powerful Hawk God.

Contenders:
    Photon
    I like Photon because of her ability to wield/become light. This is a different type of ability, which might help fight against the Cosmic Rival. She could go up against it trying many different energies, one at a time.

Vulcan Vulcan has energy mastery over a number of energies and is in space. He might have heard of the Cosmic Rival or have some info about it. He may be trying to reform and do good and would want to join the team, or at the very least, not want it to destroy Chandelar, the Shi'ar homeworld.

Captain Marvel Captain Marvel could work as she brings energy powers and super strength. She has had space adventures and worked with all sorts of heroes.

Not sure which one/s i like over the rest anymore, lol. I can see potential with each one and their contributions.

Perhaps we could include them all? That would only make a team of 9 and with a Space Mission, esp against someone as powerful as the Cosmic Rival, 9 members might be just what is required as a believable team?
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 10-03-2020 at 08:26 AM.

I definitely think Starhawk should be a member. He is capable of flight and space flight, super strength, major energy powers including a white light healing ability as well as a Cosmic Awareness that could help the group track down the Cosmic Rival. In addition, he is empowered by the vastly powerful Hawk God.

Contenders:
    Photon
    I like Photon because of her ability to wield/become light. This is a different type of ability, which might help fight against the Cosmic Rival. She could go up against it trying many different energies, one at a time.

Vulcan Vulcan has energy mastery over a number of energies and is in space. He might have heard of the Cosmic Rival or have some info about it. He may be trying to reform and do good and would want to join the team, or at the very least, not want it to destroy Chandelar, the Shi'ar homeworld.

Captain Marvel Captain Marvel could work as she brings energy powers and super strength. She has had space adventures and worked with all sorts of heroes.

Not sure which one/s i like over the rest anymore, lol. I can see potential with each one and their contributions.

Perhaps we could include them all? That would only make a team of 9 and with a Space Mission, esp against someone as powerful as the Cosmic Rival, 9 members might be just what is required as a believable team?
    Whoa that'd be a lot of members LOL

I don't think its too much to ask for in a sense. I mean, the Avengers has a huge team, and the X-Men is like 10 members.

Starhawk should definitely be a member. Um... then there's Vulcan... Vulcan is interesting cuz... there's a foggy idea of what he'll become later on, and his plot would Cyclops and Havok will be very key and important for latter arcs. I think that Vulcan's space travels would most definitely cause him to encounter "Cosmic Rival" and the bizarre anomalies it/he's causing. Vulcan, who was even a Phoenix host in canon, could also discover the big plight between the Phoenix Force and "Cosmic Rival", and his interest would be highly piqued as "Cosmic Rival" is a wielder of a form of energy, unknown to even highest level cosmic entities. Also... Vulcan's plot entangling with Cyclops and Havok later on, would be given more solidity, if Vulcan were introduced sooner. Let's see...

Captain Marvel and Photon I definitely see as they already had an encounter with "Cosmic Rival", so they'd definitely want to investigate.

I'd like to know what others may think.

Mighty Member

the more I think about it the more I think an energy dampener would be needed on a team like this. The only one I know is Leech from the Morlocks but his power range is kinda weak for a cosmic level threat. Like only works within 50 feet. Maybe an OC character who can dampen energies or even enhance energies. So they could help boost people like Bishop if he's on the team and can help weaken the cosmic entity. I think we need more aliens potentially.

Mighty Member

Also not sure if Nate Grey would work aka Xmen. He's pretty powerful and could help but ultimately it's a timeline thing