Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GMikey View Post
    BTW did you ever see my replies to ur PMs?
    I saw 2 replies--glad you liked things!

There was a 3rd PM re: the Power Grids. Did you see that one?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I saw 2 replies--glad you liked things!

There was a 3rd PM re: the Power Grids. Did you see that one?
    lol I JUST replied to it

Its been a LOOOOONG day lol

lol I JUST replied to it

Its been a LOOOOONG day lol
    I hear you, lol!

Plus I just sent you a reply too, lol.

Mighty Member

Hey so today I found Eric (one of our primary writers) discussed the (new) Phoenix Five, and so chief decided to post about for everyone to see.

This is her post, and I'd like to get your opinions on it!

I'm not asking to discuss the P5 in depth, as I do wanna, kinda finalize our discussion on the Annihilators as far as that team goes.

BTW I totally LOVE the image she composed. I don't know who she found such fitting pics of such selection. I love the Wolverine one.

That artwork is pretty sick. They did a good job choosing the art

And I'm glad you mentioned the mental control aspect of the cosmic entity. It gives me something to think about with the Annihilators. I'm thinking maybe they are brought together specifically because they can't be turned or mind controlled Gladiator having an iron will actually makes him more relevant to the team thinking about him in that regard. Havok and Quasar Nate Grey (and Vulcan) and others do have telepathic resistance. You bringing up the mind control aspect makes me more comfortable with that team i kinda brainstormed before. Gladiator Havok Quasar Photon Bishop and Nate Grey. I think the reason the Annihilators are put together are because energy manipulators have abilities to resist telepathy better maybe? Or maybe that's liliandras belief. I don't know the full story of the energy type cosmic entity uses but I think I feel more comfortable with our team now knowing all that.

As for the Phoenix Five which is what you are actually looking for feedback on. I'm fine with 4 of them. And it's not that I'm saying change the fifth it's just I need to go on a mini rant. I genuinely don't understand the Angel character and why he's always so central to stories. All he does is fly. What is special about Warren Worthington. Idk I just find him a dull kinda useless character. Even as ArcAngel with Apocolypse he never felt all that menacing. Like I said it's not that I feel he needs to be changed per se I just don't get the appeal of that character. Other than that the characters are fine.
    Last edited by Gripstir; 10-06-2020 at 07:27 PM.

Mighty Member

Awesome sauce! Yea that's pretty similar to what she created.

I'd love to trade cards again. I was into DragonballZ like... a bigillion years ago lol I hardly even remember it now. In the mid 90s I started getting into superheroes. But more with TV, I didn't get into comics until way later, and even then, it was a brief time. MCU brought me back

But that's so cool, about the comic cards! Wow. I know some who got into Marvel from arcades, and the X-Men was the fave at the time.

But again, that power grid/meter of Ego is kinda what chief said she's going for, but its not set in stone
    I was also into Yugioh for a time. Don't tell anyone lol

But yeah for the power grid I think it works and I see no glaring mistakes as of now with the descriptions of the levels. I think once whichever artist is in charge of it puts a little more flare into the chart it's going to look amazing. Nice job!

I hear you, lol!

Plus I just sent you a reply too, lol.
    I just now freed a lot of space in my damn inbox, so... in case you couldn't msg me a while ago, you can now lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    That artwork is pretty sick. They did a good job choosing the art

And I'm glad you mentioned the mental control aspect of the cosmic entity. It gives me something to think about with the Annihilators. I'm thinking maybe they are brought together specifically because they can't be turned or mind controlled Gladiator having an iron will actually makes him more relevant to the team thinking about him in that regard. Havok and Quasar Nate Grey (and Vulcan) and others do have telepathic resistance. You bringing up the mind control aspect makes me more comfortable with that team i kinda brainstormed before. Gladiator Havok Quasar Photon Bishop and Nate Grey. I think the reason the Annihilators are put together are because energy manipulators have abilities to resist telepathy better maybe? Or maybe that's liliandras belief. I don't know the full story of the energy type cosmic entity uses but I think I feel more comfortable with our team now knowing all that.

As for the Phoenix Five which is what you are actually looking for feedback on. I'm fine with 4 of them. And it's not that I'm saying change the fifth it's just I need to go on a mini rant. I genuinely don't understand the Angel character and why he's always so central to stories. All he does is fly. What is special about Warren Worthington. Idk I just find him a dull kinda useless character. Even as ArcAngel with Apocolypse he never felt all that menacing. Like I said it's not that I feel he needs to be changed per se I just don't get the appeal of that character. Other than that the characters are fine.
    That's a good insight on energy manipulators, that they may possess telepathic resistance due to their energy flow. I know that plays a major role into Gambit's character, and kinetic energy is being defined as the purest form of energy (at least in Creation). It would also make sense that Lliandra and the Shi'ar are studying the actions of "Cosmic Rival", and would base their team on certain conclusions. The characters that would be most resistant (yet most receptive) to "Cosmic Rival" would be Quasar, Havok, and Nate Grey. This is because of their powers, and what I know of "Cosmic Rival's" powers and power potential. Quasar has something, that if he further engineered, would rly protect him from CR's powers; then there's Nate Grey, a nigh-above omega level mutant, with incredible energy properties that would guard him (and also make him susceptable). Havok I say, cuz of his relations with the "One True Host". That and his willpower, makes him not only highly resistant, but also receptive and even becomes a powerful future host of "Cosmic Rival", that is nearly as good as the "One True Host". And unlike the OTP, Havok always remained in control. Remember, "Cosmic Rival" seeks energy beings as they are most compatible. Yet, they also have a resistance property, due to their energy.

I need to PM you more on CR's powers so you'd better understand them.

LOLOLOLOLOL unfortunately, Angel was highly requested, tho not too much development has been given to his character. Chief also stated the same as you X'D

I do know that as he's introduced to us, he already had been equipped with the Black Vortex, due to backstory. Through out the arcs, we see Angel occasionally summoning Black Vortex's powers. Um... let's see. The narrative is incomplete, but this set wasn't chosen randomly by "Cosmic Rival". It chose specific ppl to become its Phoenix Five. I think bc Angel was equipped with Black Vortex, CR wanted to tap into that power for the P5. Also, a very dark backstory is given to Angel for when we first meet him. An ability given to him is "metalizing?", in which he can convert his feathers into metal(?) and fire his metal feathers as if darts. I mean, they are working on making him more interesting.

I'll be honest too... I think Angel was selected cuz the only others left over are Jean Grey (who's already Phoenix), Cyclops, Rogue, and Beast.

Logan would be leader of P5. Is a hard situation as Jean Grey is having to fight her friends now, and even reaches into his mind, tugs on his secret love for her, to try and bring them around.

Its incomplete, I just wanted to know what are the opinions here

Mighty Member

That's a good insight on energy manipulators, that they may possess telepathic resistance due to their energy flow. The characters that would be most resistant (yet most receptive) to "Cosmic Rival" would be Quasar, Havok, and Nate Grey. This is because of their powers, and what I know of "Cosmic Rival's" powers and power potential. Quasar has something, that if he further engineered, would rly protect him from CR's powers; then there's Nate Grey, a nigh-above omega level mutant, with incredible energy properties that would guard him (and also make him susceptable). Havok I say, cuz of his relations with the "One True Host". That and his willpower, makes him not only highly resistant, but also receptive and even becomes a powerful future host of "Cosmic Rival", that is nearly as good as the "One True Host". And unlike the OTP, Havok always remained in control. Remember, "Cosmic Rival" seeks energy beings as they are most compatible. Yet, they also have a resistance property, due to their energy.
    Yes thanks. All of this really makes sense. When we first started discussing the Annihilators I'll admit my full idea just wasn't fleshed out and I kinda just threw it out there. But thanks to convos with you and Phoenix and others I really do feel like we have a realistic and scientific basis for the team and I really feel strongly that we have nailed down the purpose and the reasoning behind the formation of the team. that's pretty solid at this point I feel. I still want to potentially add another alien to the group for diversity but I mean I think we have a solid full time team and some really strong part timers. I like how you guys mentioned people come in and leave. Maybe the group struggles to find their core members at first. But during the big battle we see everyone. I think one shot that would be really cool if we saw in space would be the Phoenix Jean and the Annihilators behind her backing her up against the cosmic entity. It would be an amazing visual.

Oh and PS Bishop also has telepathic resistence

I need to PM you more on CR's powers so you'd better understand them.
    Yeah I'm not sure I fully understand if it's a alien power that is too foreign to fight against or it's something that is based on physics or what. Any clarification would be great thanks

LOLOLOLOLOL unfortunately, Angel was highly requested, tho not too much development has been given to his character. Chief also stated the same as you X'D
    I find it strange how everything I say she seems to have also said. It's freaking me out how similar we think lol. But yeah Angel is so popular it makes sense. I just don't personally understand the character. It's fine though.

I do know that as he's introduced to us, he already had been equipped with the Black Vortex, due to backstory. Through out the arcs, we see Angel occasionally summoning Black Vortex's powers. Um... let's see. The narrative is incomplete, but this set wasn't chosen randomly by "Cosmic Rival". It chose specific ppl to become its Phoenix Five. I think bc Angel was equipped with Black Vortex, CR wanted to tap into that power for the P5. Also, a very dark backstory is given to Angel for when we first meet him. An ability given to him is "metalizing?", in which he can convert his feathers into metal(?) and fire his metal feathers as if darts. I mean, they are working on making him more interesting.

I'll be honest too... I think Angel was selected cuz the only others left over are Jean Grey (who's already Phoenix), Cyclops, Rogue, and Beast.

Logan would be leader of P5. Is a hard situation as Jean Grey is having to fight her friends now, and even reaches into his mind, tugs on his secret love for her, to try and bring them around.

Its incomplete, I just wanted to know what are the opinions here
    Yeah kinda sounds like they are revamping his Apolocypse arc for Phoenix. I'm not really mad at it. It's more that he's a character that I don't care about. But he's never been a character I had negative feelings towards. So if he's great and his fans are happy I'm for it. There's other stuff I can really be excited for though lol. Overall the team seems solid. I assume they are all getting upgrades of some kind right?
    Last edited by Gripstir; 10-07-2020 at 01:50 PM.

Yes thanks. All of this really makes sense. When we first started discussing the Annihilators I'll admit my full idea just wasn't fleshed out and I kinda just threw it out there. But thanks to convos with you and Phoenix and others I really do feel like we have a realistic and scientific basis for the team and I really feel strongly that we have nailed down the purpose and the reasoning behind the formation of the team. that's pretty solid at this point I feel. I still want to potentially add another alien to the group for diversity but I mean I think we have a solid full time team and some really strong part timers. I like how you guys mentioned people come in and leave. Maybe the group struggles to find their core members at first. But during the big battle we see everyone. I think one shot that would be really cool if we saw in space would be the Phoenix Jean and the Annihilators behind her backing her up against the cosmic entity. It would be an amazing visual.

Oh and PS Bishop also has telepathic resistence
    Yes, we need to finish solidifying this idea, and its basic plot, and I feel we're almost there

We need another alien in the group, they are supposed to be cosmic team, so... let's find another cosmic hero, OR, we can entertain the idea of creating an OC.

The visuals should be a spectacle, and chief said every battle with Phoenix Jean and "Cosmic Rival" X-Man, she wants to spare no expense in bringing that to full life. Its also gonna give us a lot to create and explore with as far as cosmic adventures.

Yeah I'm not sure I fully understand if it's a alien power that is too foreign to fight against or it's something that is based on physics or what. Any clarification would be great thanks
    I find it strange how everything I say she seems to have also said. It's freaking me out how similar we think lol. But yeah Angel is so popular it makes sense. I just don't personally understand the character. It's fine though.
    I WILL send that pm, I had bs all day, and tried to answer many PMs on other platfroms today too so lol its comin' ^_^

She's highly creative, and very personable. And she being a former instructor of animation, knows very well how to read into characters and further develop them. Also... another example of great minds thinking alike lol I cant tell you how many times she and I and others, shared similar ideas too

Yeah kinda sounds like they are revamping his Apolocypse arc for Phoenix. I'm not really mad at it. It's more that he's a character that I don't care about. But he's never been a character I had negative feelings towards. So if he's great and his fans are happy I'm for it. There's other stuff I can really be excited for though lol. Overall the team seems solid. I assume they are all getting upgrades of some kind right?
    Chief is working on a facelift for Angel, um... as I mentioned to Phoenixx9 (prolly in a pm) Angel has a much darker backstory, that involves the Black Vortex, HYDRA, and Apocalypse. We actually don't see his time as Archangel until his "X-Origins" ministry. So, when we are introduced to him, he already possesses the ability to "metalize" his wings, and fire sharp, blade-like feathers at his targets. Also, he can summon Black Vortex and wield immense destructive power, and only does so from time to time, making this ability a mystery. He shares a major beef with Remy, and that plays into "Cosmic Rival's" development.

As for power upgrades for Phoenix 5, most definitely. Storm and Thunderbird for example (oh and this is a very different John Proudstar from canon) are now capable of massive cosmic level atmokinesis, stirring powerful cosmic storms. Angel as Phoenix (thanks to Black Vortex) is an immense wielder of cosmic energy, I forgot what Kurt can do, and Logan as the leader, can fire up his claws and "shred through" reality, spacetime, and manipulate cosmic matter on a subatomic level. There's more they can do, I can't remember it all lol

Phoenix Five first appears as almost "Dark Phoenix" level antagonists, but are discovered to actually be using their powers for what amounts to good intent, despite causing some disrutptions as they do. This I think is the first time we learn that "Cosmic Rival" isnt really evil, and the incident with the P5 puts a major emotional strain on the X-Men as, some (like Rogue) has changed opinions of "Cosmic Rival" now, while Jean Grey (thanks to PF) insists that "Cosmic Rival" is a danger to cosmic balance and must be destroyed.

Mighty Member

We can probably think of a OC alien creature along the way if we have to.

Logan as the leader, can fire up his claws and "shred through" reality, spacetime, and manipulate cosmic matter on a subatomic level
    Well now there’s some intrigue for people to read lol.

And plus the fights that could happen will be exciting

We can probably think of a OC alien creature along the way if we have to.

Well now there’s some intrigue for people to read lol.

And plus the fights that could happen will be exciting
    We prolly could just work on an OC for the Annihilators at a latter point. We're nowhere close to that frankly lol

I'm super intrigued with the new P5, and the ventures and battles that'd mean. I'd also like to see a well done Phoenix Wolverine as well. I also hope that P5 takes place after the time skip, I way prefer them as adults for that story.

Let's talk about power grids, I'll put up the Marvel versions shortly, and we can discuss what are some good details and must haves for a power grid.

Just to help out by giving some solidification for the Annihilators Team, here are the characters I think we all agreed on need to be in Gladiator' Team.

For lack of better terms and for our ease of talk, I just named them "Main Team", "Additional Help" (since I do not know if they are members or just temporary help) and "Guest Stars" for those with less screen-time.

"Main Team"
    1) Quasar
    2) Havok
    3) Starhawk
    4) Paragon

I think from what has been revealed, that these characters will be present, but not for the entire Arc.
    "Additional Help"
    5) Capt Marvel
    6) Photon
    7) Bishop
    8) Vulcan

Then, do we need or want a few additional characters?
    "Guest Stars"
    9) Oracle?
    10) Star-Dancer?
    11) Magique?
    12) Adam Warlock?

I am happy with all 12 characters, really. I like our "Main Team" and think they have a link, great powers that should enable them to deal with the threat.

I also like our "Additional Help" team, as they all have some unique energy powers as well. They leave because other Arcs will continue their story (from what I understand).

I like the idea of "Guest Stars" because these characters could possibly help and do have some powers that are different from the others, would look great on-screen and also increases the characters that are seen.

Now, if we need to pare down this list of 12, I am also good with that too.

GMikey, what do you think?

Let's talk about power grids, I'll put up the Marvel versions shortly, and we can discuss what are some good details and must haves for a power grid.
    Yay, Power Grids!

I love Power Grids, especially those that are comprehensive, lol!

Cannot wait.

Just to help out by giving some solidification for the Annihilators Team, here are the characters I think we all agreed on need to be in Gladiator' Team.

For lack of better terms and for our ease of talk, I just named them "Main Team", "Additional Help" (since I do not know if they are members or just temporary help) and "Guest Stars" for those with less screen-time.

"Main Team"
    1) Quasar
    2) Havok
    3) Starhawk
    4) Paragon

I think from what has been revealed, that these characters will be present, but not for the entire Arc.
    "Additional Help"
    5) Capt Marvel
    6) Photon
    7) Bishop
    8) Vulcan

Then, do we need or want a few additional characters?
    "Guest Stars"
    9) Oracle?
    10) Star-Dancer?
    11) Magique?
    12) Adam Warlock?

I am happy with all 12 characters, really. I like our "Main Team" and think they have a link, great powers that should enable them to deal with the threat.

I also like our "Additional Help" team, as they all have some unique energy powers as well. They leave because other Arcs will continue their story (from what I understand).

I like the idea of "Guest Stars" because these characters could possibly help and do have some powers that are different from the others, would look great on-screen and also increases the characters that are seen.

Now, if we need to pare down this list of 12, I am also good with that too.

GMikey, what do you think?
    So YES, this is a solid team, Gripstir and I also discussed this one, and... all we would need is one other that's an alien species. Perhaps a Skrull, I know the Skrull are introduced in the Phoenix Trilogy.

Categorizing the others as "Additional Help" and "Guest Stars" is a great way for us to differentiate the characters of a one time appearance, and those that are a bit more frequent. Adam Warlock is the only one listed that wouldn't be available during this time. Other than that, solid cast!

Yay, Power Grids!

I love Power Grids, especially those that are comprehensive, lol!

Cannot wait.
    Yep, I'm on the road again, but when I get back, I'll post some ideas that everyone is discussing: D

Default Ideas for power grids

Okay, let's cut to the chase and dig right in!

We need a power grid, and not many great ideas have been proposed. However, a lot of suggestions were submitted, and I'm only using the popular ideas.

What the writers want is something detailed enough, but very simple and easy for anyone to instantly understand. Here's the proposals:

Chief writer's original chart:

power meter.jpg

This one is based on the Marvel Fandom Wiki (pictured below) however she added "Skills" and levels up to 9 instead of 7.

mfandomwiki.png

She also had provided a definition of each category, to detail the characters' abilities.

This is Marvel FASERIP chart, which has been discussed, however would need SERIOUS downsizing as, this could be difficult for newcomers to understand. But it definitely gives details!

Here's "Marvel's Contest of Champions" from a suggestion:

Here's the one from Marvel's Official Website. Its WAAAAY too simplistic.

8fmfe90feh251.jpg

Final Fantasy (7) um... Some elements could be borrowed, but eh... dunno lol