Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Default Ideas for power grids (continued)

I had to continue it here, cuz I'm not allowed to upload more than three pics -_-

This is one several REALLY liked, for its categories:

marvel_good one.jpg

This one was suggested multiple times, I like some of the categories, and number of levels on this one. It WAAAAY needs trimming down tho lol

main.jpg

Some Online Game #1. I don't rly like the format, but I do like a few elements from it tho.

1_EzYnpOYgq8HRjEO2bBkhAQ.jpg

LET'S BRAINSTORM!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Just to help out by giving some solidification for the Annihilators Team, here are the characters I think we all agreed on need to be in Gladiator' Team.

For lack of better terms and for our ease of talk, I just named them "Main Team", "Additional Help" (since I do not know if they are members or just temporary help) and "Guest Stars" for those with less screen-time.

"Main Team"
    1) Quasar
    2) Havok
    3) Starhawk
    4) Paragon

I think from what has been revealed, that these characters will be present, but not for the entire Arc.
    "Additional Help"
    5) Capt Marvel
    6) Photon
    7) Bishop
    8) Vulcan

Then, do we need or want a few additional characters?
    "Guest Stars"
    9) Oracle?
    10) Star-Dancer?
    11) Magique?
    12) Adam Warlock?

I am happy with all 12 characters, really. I like our "Main Team" and think they have a link, great powers that should enable them to deal with the threat.

I also like our "Additional Help" team, as they all have some unique energy powers as well. They leave because other Arcs will continue their story (from what I understand).

I like the idea of "Guest Stars" because these characters could possibly help and do have some powers that are different from the others, would look great on-screen and also increases the characters that are seen.

Now, if we need to pare down this list of 12, I am also good with that too.

GMikey, what do you think?
    Where's Nate Grey? Also Photon I think should be main. Unless there's a reason to remove her for some reason. I think almost every character will be leaving the team somewhat depending on story. But I feel the main team as currently constructed lacks the diversity of power to actually fight big baddies, I think Starhawk and Paragon are somewhat strong but based on my readings their powers are just too straight forward and offers no strategic advantage beyond just "is strong and uses energy" I think maybe they could should up but I just don think they bring the power synergy needed for this team to thrive against varieties of foes. Of the ones on main I think Quasar is the only multifaceted energy manipulator who can do many things. I think people like Nate Grey and Photon just offers much more variety of protection for team based on enemies they are being assembled to fight. That would be my only change to the main team is that I don't feel the team has enough power diversity and yeah I think as gmikey said also want to add in an alien along with Gladiator and I think Bishop would really work on the team as well.

Let me know what you think

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMikey View Post
    I had to continue it here, cuz I'm not allowed to upload more than three pics -_-

marvel_good one.jpg

This one was suggested multiple times, I like some of the categories, and number of levels on this one. It WAAAAY needs trimming down tho lol

main.jpg

Some Online Game #1. I don't rly like the format, but I do like a few elements from it tho.

LET'S BRAINSTORM!
    I think ones with pictures are better but probably more time consuming and idk if people want to do all that work for each character.

I guess the main question I would ask is how integral is this going to be to understanding stuff. Power grids are cool but dint think anyone except hardcore people are going to care if there are more than 5 or 6 categories of power. I think things like the Faserip with escalating and deescelating charts are too confusing. I always say if you had no prior knowledge of a chart and you're not able to look at a chart and immediately understand what it's asking then it's too complicated for casual users.

I think the same is true for the multicolored one. There's so much going on with the boxes and colors and amount of things saying happening that my brain kinda just tuned it out

I do think the one with the picture is the easiest to understand and also isn't completely educational looking like the first few. I would only change "will" to "confidence" or "determination" but I don't think it's particularly needed, also add in leadership and I think it's good

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Where's Nate Grey? Also Photon I think should be main. Unless there's a reason to remove her for some reason. I think almost every character will be leaving the team somewhat depending on story. But I feel the main team as currently constructed lacks the diversity of power to actually fight big baddies, I think Starhawk and Paragon are somewhat strong but based on my readings their powers are just too straight forward and offers no strategic advantage beyond just "is strong and uses energy" I think maybe they could should up but I just don think they bring the power synergy needed for this team to thrive against varieties of foes. Of the ones on main I think Quasar is the only multifaceted energy manipulator who can do many things. I think people like Nate Grey and Photon just offers much more variety of protection for team based on enemies they are being assembled to fight. That would be my only change to the main team is that I don't feel the team has enough power diversity and yeah I think as gmikey said also want to add in an alien along with Gladiator and I think Bishop would really work on the team as well.

Let me know what you think
    Well we forgot to list Nate Grey, so that's all that happened there lol

Um... Its not set in stone, and perhaps Photon could be someone who actually joins, with Bishop being that "coming and going" type member, who's there sometimes, but not always.

I gotta go, but I'll definitely get back to answering this thread

marvel_good one.jpg

main.jpg

LET'S BRAINSTORM!
    I like PGs that encompass the totality of characters, but not all of the categories I saw listed on a few of these charts are necessary, such as "Charisma", "Dexterity" and "Piety". I think we can remove some of them.

Here are my ideas: I think what we need are 3 main areas such as: A) Physical; B) Psychic/Mystical; C) Mental. The 3 categories provide balance, but also detail each character very well.

A) PHYSICAL: These are your STRENGTH, SPEED, AGILITY, FIGHTING and DURABILITY.
    (ENDURANCE could possibly be added, as it is a PHYSICAL trait, but I suggest leaving this one out).

Another possible entry could be WEAPONS FIGHTER. This would rate how good a character is with the weapons they fight with, such as Mockingbird's battle-staves or Black Widow's Bites. I think we could leave this one out as well, incorporating it into FIGHTING.

This would give us "5" PHYSICAL categories.

B) PYCHIC/MYSTIC: This is your PSYCHE. We could also add PSYCHIC/MYSTIC Power Level: as noted in the FASERIP system, one's Psyche does not necessarily equal one's ability output; some are lower, some the same, while others are higher.

This would give us "2" Psychic/Mystic categories

C) MENTAL: This is INTELLIGENCE and WILL (WILLPOWER)

This would give us "2" Mental categories.

D) ENERGY BLAST: I think this may be its own category and while not everyone has this, many do, especially our Cosmic Teams and characters. And nothing says "Energy Blast" like, well, "Energy Blast", lol!

I think we do need this category.

The last category I would add, making "11" TOTAL would be:
    E) OVERALL POWER RANK: This would be a number 1-10 perhaps of where a character stands. For Example, how powerful is Black Widow Vs Havok? How can one really compare even if suspect Havok, what category would one use? BW would certainly have higher physical stats and perhaps even mental ones (being trained as a spy, resist domination talents, etc).

An Overall Power Rank would help place characters. For instance, Starhawk, Havok and Silver Surfer may all be in the same rank, or perhaps SS is above. This would help guide everyone to know just where each character is placed, so when they accomplish a feat, this is why. For instance, one character may have a more powerful blast, but the overall power rank is lower than another character that is super-strong.

I Love that the Chief Writer increased each ranking to go up to Level "9", instead of "7". I totally agree!

Perhaps "8" could be partially cosmic with "9" being totally cosmic in ability, like Speed, Strength, Energy Blast, etc,

Powers like "Flight" and "Space Flight" could be listed within a tiny bio of the character. Or listed under SPEED.
    (If given their own category, then we would be up to 13 total.)

**While I do NOT want an unwieldy chart, so many of the above categories seem necessary, especially with the more powerful characters with many abilities, of which we are talking about. Plus, Fans just wanna know what the characters can do, lol!**
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 10-08-2020 at 02:08 PM.

Mighty Member

Well we forgot to list Nate Grey, so that's all that happened there lol

Um... Its not set in stone, and perhaps Photon could be someone who actually joins, with Bishop being that "coming and going" type member, who's there sometimes, but not always.

I gotta go, but I'll definitely get back to answering this thread
    Totally cool. I did kinda bring Nate in late to the discussion. Also I forgot to ask does Magique mean illyana? She'd be fun.

But yeah you know the intricacies of the plot and the character movement much better than me so if you're thinking a character needs to be part time I trust ya.

Totally cool. I did kinda bring Nate in late to the discussion. Also I forgot to ask does Magique mean illyana? She'd be fun.

But yeah you know the intricacies of the plot and the character movement much better than me so if you're thinking a character needs to be part time I trust ya.
    No.

Magique is the Shi'Ar mystic. (I believe they changed her name from Magic to Magique to avoid any fan confusion with Magik Illyana.)
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 10-08-2020 at 03:33 PM.

I think ones with pictures are better but probably more time consuming and idk if people want to do all that work for each character.

I guess the main question I would ask is how integral is this going to be to understanding stuff. Power grids are cool but dint think anyone except hardcore people are going to care if there are more than 5 or 6 categories of power. I think things like the Faserip with escalating and deescelating charts are too confusing. I always say if you had no prior knowledge of a chart and you're not able to look at a chart and immediately understand what it's asking then it's too complicated for casual users.

I think the same is true for the multicolored one. There's so much going on with the boxes and colors and amount of things saying happening that my brain kinda just tuned it out

I do think the one with the picture is the easiest to understand and also isn't completely educational looking like the first few. I would only change "will" to "confidence" or "determination" but I don't think it's particularly needed, also add in leadership and I think it's good
    Yes see that's what chief said to others and other writers. Power grid she feels need to be simple enough, to quickly look at the capabilities of a character.

I don't think the power grids are supposed to be all that all that... just more of a reference for everyone to look at, to compare strengths and levels of various characters. I feel that the Faserip can offer some good ideas, but the overall format I do agree is way too much for what this project is.

Most of the options in many of these would be removed. The only changes chief made to the Marvel wiki vers., she added "Skills" and I do think that might be a good one, and she changed "Energy Projection" to "Power", as to her, saying "Power" encompasses much more than saying "energy projection".

Illyana I believe comes up during the "Dystopian Arc". I know many newer characters come up during that timeframe, and they become heroes when our original cast is too broken and wasted.

No.

Magique is the Shi'Ar mystic. (I believe they changed her name from Magic to Magique to avoid any fan confusion with Magik Illyana.)
    LOL they would have needed to. She or Oracle would be good additions. I do agree with Gripstir in that, we need more diverse forms of power/combat, such as Nate Grey and even Photon. I think bringing in a Shi'ar member like Magique or Oracle would be very good.

As for the power grids, those are some good suggestions, and... while none of the submitted ideas (here) contains and "overall" rank, I do think we definitly should list that. But we also need to find a way to decomplicate it to where it is "easy" and comprehensible to new comers. chief said she'd pop over into this thread at some point, and shared someone DID late yesterday did pass an idea to her that we prolly should employ for the power grid. It would address the "overall" ranking meter, and a little this afternoon or so, I'll post it

I think bringing in a Shi'ar member like Magique or Oracle would be very good.

As for the power grids, those are some good suggestions, and... while none of the submitted ideas (here) contains and "overall" rank, I do think we definitly should list that. But we also need to find a way to decomplicate it to where it is "easy" and comprehensible to new comers. chief said she'd pop over into this thread at some point, and shared someone DID late yesterday did pass an idea to her that we prolly should employ for the power grid. It would address the "overall" ranking meter, and a little this afternoon or so, I'll post it
    I think the (4th?) Grid---the one at the top of this page with the flaming-head character, looks like an easy-to-read panel with the way the categories are listed.

There would just need to be a few more added and each one would need to go up to 9 instead of 7.
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 10-09-2020 at 06:11 AM.

Yes, we forgot Nate Grey, but Photon has always been on my listing.

Besides Oracle and Magique being great characters with powers that could help, I think it also makes sense that Gladiator would pick some members from the Imperial Guard to be on this team.

Did the person who visited our site like it and all of the work we have been doing? I Hope they like our ideas and can incorporate them into the story.
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 10-09-2020 at 06:09 AM.

Mighty Member

No.

Ooooh gotcha. See I was way off.

Yes see that's what chief said to others and other writers. Power grid she feels need to be simple enough, to quickly look at the capabilities of a character.

I don't think the power grids are supposed to be all that all that... just more of a reference for everyone to look at, to compare strengths and levels of various characters. I feel that the Faserip can offer some good ideas, but the overall format I do agree is way too much for what this project is.

Most of the options in many of these would be removed. The only changes chief made to the Marvel wiki vers., she added "Skills" and I do think that might be a good one, and she changed "Energy Projection" to "Power", as to her, saying "Power" encompasses much more than saying "energy projection".
    Yes I agree and I like what Phoenix said about if you need extra info you can add a short description to explain it. Stories are better to read than charts. Trust me I'm trying to teach myself the stock market. Charts need to be easy especially for long term use. Too much going on makes your brain tune out. And besides you're supposed to watch the episodes to understand the powers. We don't want it to be like the new Star Wars movies where you had to read tweets to understand the movie.

Ad for "power" I'm not 100% sold because in society power is often associated with power lifting and by association muscle power. So I feel you're gonna get a lot of confused comments if you use that. Maybe if you add an S and call it "powers" or maybe "power control" or "power dominance" or something along those lines might work better. "Skills" I guess is ok though I will say without you explaining it to me I have no idea what that even means. Is it cunning? Experience? Practice? Range of skills? Expertise at one skill? It's very vague. could it be called "usefulness" or "training expertise". I think skills falls more into intelligence or combat. Or maybe just another word. Or again maybe that is why a short description is better than a chart by itself. Or I do like a "overall" category to bump up their level when needed.[/QUOTE]

Mighty Member

Besides Oracle and Magique being great characters with powers that could help, I think it also makes sense that Gladiator would pick some members from the Imperial Guard to be on this team.

Did the person who visited our site like it and all of the work we have been doing? I Hope they like our ideas and can incorporate them into the story.
    Yeah you were the one who brought up Photon and I'm glad you did. She's really powerful. I think Oracle and Magique could work as guest spots. Oracle was part of the 8 Guardsman meant to fight against the Phoenix and xmen. She was the only telepath. She does retire to get married so she can be written out if needed. Maybe she comes out of retirement for a guest spot. I think gmikey said the new entity can resist Phoenixs telepathy? I might have remembered wrong but if so maybe telepaths aren't what Liliandra thinks is needed. Besides people like Quasar and Nate and I think Spectrum as well can help with cosmic awareness and stuff. Or they can simply say as the only psychic Oracle can't be risked. But she can actually be like a Liason character for Gladiator to report back to Lilandra or something. Vulcan was on the Sh'iar and that's why it made sense to me to have him on there originally. But I think we have other plans and he is going to simply be around to either help or hurt the team or whatever.

Yeah you were the one who brought up Photon and I'm glad you did. She's really powerful. I think Oracle and Magique could work as guest spots. Oracle was part of the 8 Guardsman meant to fight against the Phoenix and xmen. She was the only telepath. She does retire to get married so she can be written out if needed. Maybe she comes out of retirement for a guest spot. I think gmikey said the new entity can resist Phoenixs telepathy? I might have remembered wrong but if so maybe telepaths aren't what Liliandra thinks is needed. Besides people like Quasar and Nate and I think Spectrum as well can help with cosmic awareness and stuff. Or they can simply say as the only psychic Oracle can't be risked. But she can actually be like a Liason character for Gladiator to report back to Lilandra or something. Vulcan was on the Sh'iar and that's why it made sense to me to have him on there originally. But I think we have other plans and he is going to simply be around to either help or hurt the team or whatever.
    Thanks. I was thinking of powerful characters who had different powers I think some characters come-and-go as other developing plotlines call for them.

I see Oracle as powerful yet more of a "connection" for team members here and perhaps other teams, using her telepathy for communication, sensing if they are going in the correct direction, etc. Oracle is valuable and I think they would want to protect her as much as possible for continued usage. Magique can help protect Oracle and also has powerful Shi'ar mysticism---which maybe can slightly affect the Cosmic Rival allowing others to escape an otherwise deadly attack. Magique would be familiar with both Oracle and Gladiator and familiarity helps teamwork.

I think we have a fine team of characters.
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 10-09-2020 at 05:38 PM.

I think the (4th?) Grid---the one at the top of this page with the flaming-head character, looks like an easy-to-read panel with the way the categories are listed.

There would just need to be a few more added and each one would need to go up to 9 instead of 7.
    Yes, that one is the best format, and its been the most popular. And yes, a couple other of our own cat. with levels going up to 7.

I think "Psychic/Mystic" could be a good way to label that cat., I like the "Mental" one, and we need something that means "Overall Rank". Someone suggested the Yugioh monster levels, and I thought that was brilliant. Will share more of that tomorrow/this morning lol

Oh that's a good point, plus we need to think like Gladiator, as in if you were in his shoes, what kind of team would you want to go against a cosmic being... he would definitely recruit Shi'ar Guard members for such a task.

Ooooh gotcha. See I was way off.

Yes I agree and I like what Phoenix said about if you need extra info you can add a short description to explain it. Stories are better to read than charts. Trust me I'm trying to teach myself the stock market. Charts need to be easy especially for long term use. Too much going on makes your brain tune out. And besides you're supposed to watch the episodes to understand the powers. We don't want it to be like the new Star Wars movies where you had to read tweets to understand the movie.

Ad for "power" I'm not 100% sold because in society power is often associated with power lifting and by association muscle power. So I feel you're gonna get a lot of confused comments if you use that. Maybe if you add an S and call it "powers" or maybe "power control" or "power dominance" or something along those lines might work better. "Skills" I guess is ok though I will say without you explaining it to me I have no idea what that even means. Is it cunning? Experience? Practice? Range of skills? Expertise at one skill? It's very vague. could it be called "usefulness" or "training expertise". I think skills falls more into intelligence or combat. Or maybe just another word. Or again maybe that is why a short description is better than a chart by itself. Or I do like a "overall" category to bump up their level when needed.
    [/QUOTE]

Chief writer totally plans on having the power meter, beside the character's "powers and abilities" description for more in depth details. Yeeesh, I know fucking charts, I'm trying to study programming right now and like... fuck this LOL OOOOOOH you need to hear chief talk about new Star Wars lol she was very fed up with how the franchise was handled.

I can see your point on the term "Power", even though she does write a full description for what each cat. means, but on first glance that could be an issue. I like "Power Dominance", or simply say "Energy".

She said "Skills" should be utilized for a person's range of their skillsets, and expertise. Take Black Widow, who has a wide range of skill sets, so does Hawkeye. But someone like... Winter Soldier/Bucky, would be on a higher echelon, with much more under his belt. Someone with psychic power could be easy to acquire skill sets, like using Quire for that example (perhaps) so, much higher level.

I like "Expertise" better than "Skills" although... that term IS used a lot in gaming, even I've seen "skills" listed in a character meter, from time to time.

We need a good term to mean "overall" and... I'll share an idea that did come from one fan