Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 467
  1. #16
    Fantastic Member GMikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by otipep_90 View Post
    Perfect this works with what Claremont, Davis, and Morrison all established with their Phoenix Mythos. I believe that the WPoTC is the ultimate level the Phoenix Avatars can achieve (temporarily) when tapping directly to the Crown Chakra and the Phoenix Consciousness. Also I would like to add that giving Jean some struggles is great. Bendis did it with Teen Jean, which helped break the misconception that Adult Jean was perfect because she became a Martyr. Just make sure Jean doesn’t appear to be petty or crazy, which are all bad cliche for female characters and is ultimately unheroic.
    LOL no way. The chief writer stated that lack of genuine respect for Jean's character, is why writers have mishandled her so. She and Phoenix will have their moments of triumph, error, exploration, and even come to terms with dealing with things they can't change or alter, and learn to embrace whatever is beyond understanding, rather than combat it. Jean especially has to learn to control the Phoenix, not let it control her as there are revelations leading to Jean realizing the errors of some of Phoenix's judgement. Being able to "let go" of trying to control certain situations, actually helps her to break certain barriers, allowing her to better understand the full, highly complex picture.

    Jean Grey isn't the only major player in the Phoenix Trilogy, however her story with Phoenix boils down to "we are the makers of our demons... but learn to embrace them, rather than destroy them". The other party has a long way to discover his true identity and purpose, in spite of the occultists and rogue mutants wanting him to be one thing, the Phoenix Force and the cosmos deeming him a monster that shouldn't be, and everyone in between. That, in spite of himself, and despite what even the Phoenix Force and entire cosmos deems him to be, only he can determine his own Destiny and purpose. As both parties find such solace, they are able to find true answers to so many things unexplained.

  2. #17
    Fantastic Member GMikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I like it, GMikey!

    Just reading it I think it already adds depth to Jean, her history and her time/bond with the Phoenix Force.

    Cannot wait to see the additional new parts. If they are even near as good, this project will really work! All fans should have something about this they love, if not the entire composition!

    Then, after all of the story is completed, we need EXCELLENT artist to draw each character.
    Interesting enough, the chief writer IS also an artist and animator. She's drafted designs of them as kids, but has yet released the adult sketches (as this series actually starts our heroes at young ages... so... imagine a show about kids, geared towards adults, kinda like South Park, just not as vulgar... but definitely bloody). A time skip happens and the story simply moves forward with them as young adults, sometime deep into the Phoenix Trilogy... I believe.

    As soon as she has drafted their adult forms, I'll sneak and post them. Her style is very anime influenced (she's a former instructor of animation), but it's very fitting for the feel of this

  3. #18
    Incredible Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GMikey View Post
    LOL now is that something you'd WANT covered in a fan created series, or something you'd want to avoid?
    Lol I meant canon but it would make a good fanfic.
    OP characters make me itch

  4. #19
    Extraordinary Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    6,494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GMikey View Post
    Interesting enough, the chief writer IS also an artist and animator. She's drafted designs of them as kids, but has yet released the adult sketches (as this series actually starts our heroes at young ages... so... imagine a show about kids, geared towards adults, kinda like South Park, just not as vulgar... but definitely bloody). A time skip happens and the story simply moves forward with them as young adults, sometime deep into the Phoenix Trilogy... I believe.

    As soon as she has drafted their adult forms, I'll sneak and post them. Her style is very anime influenced (she's a former instructor of animation), but it's very fitting for the feel of this
    Oh wow. I must be psychic, lol. It is good that the chief writer is the artist too so that she can fully show Jean, Phoenix and all the characters involved in the way she perceives them, not only from the story arc but in the artwork itself. This is so important as story and art are a part of each other and if not done correctly can negatively influence the other. This way, this is truly her vision, with of course, all of our input too!

    I like the fact of showing them as kids with a time jump. This also adds background to the characters and their personalities.

    I can't wait to glimpse some artwork!

  5. #20
    Astonishing Member Mutant God's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,864

    Default

    Something I was thinking about, Rogue's personality: in the 90s cartoon she was sassy and tough but in other things (including X-Men movies, Wolverine and the X-Men, X-Men: Evolution) shes shy and a bit mousy the difference I think is Carol Danvers, after absorbing Carol she not only got Carol's power but also her personality so in my head "canon" (this is just theory) 90s cartoon Rogue was just a southern version of Carol Danvers.
    Skeeter: Hey time traveling O5 members of the X-Men We don't take kindly to people who create a time paradox around here!

    Bartender: Now calm down Skeeter they aint hurtin nobody.

    Skeeter: No! I wanna know som'in from the "O5" How come you cant go back to your own timeline in the first place and how come when Reed Richards "fixed" the universe you wasnt put back and how come the changes that happn to you dont happn to your present day selves?

    Bartender: Skeeter I dont want trouble

  6. #21
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GMikey View Post
    As soon as she has drafted their adult forms, I'll sneak and post them. Her style is very anime influenced (she's a former instructor of animation), but it's very fitting for the feel of this
    Oh guys I think we figured it out. They about to go ahead and just bring the Japanese anime intro of Xmen into existence finally lmaooooo. We been waiting

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2rSw4Xl5qfs

  7. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Something I was thinking about, Rogue's personality: in the 90s cartoon she was sassy and tough but in other things (including X-Men movies, Wolverine and the X-Men, X-Men: Evolution) shes shy and a bit mousy the difference I think is Carol Danvers, after absorbing Carol she not only got Carol's power but also her personality so in my head "canon" (this is just theory) 90s cartoon Rogue was just a southern version of Carol Danvers.
    Most of those she's a teen versus the 90s cartoon where she is an adult. So maybe she was a mousy teen that grew confident over the years?

  8. #23
    Fantastic Member GMikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Lol I meant canon but it would make a good fanfic.
    Lol ok I get it now. As of now, most fans voted against the love triangle stuff for time being. I do see how that plot would become a thing past the Phoenix Trilogy, when Emma Frost joined the team. I could see a better take on the love triangle/square... like if Scott started something secret with Emma, and Jean suspects it, and Logan is there to comfort her, as he has feelings for Jean... and that could turn into a very interesting mess LOL Especially as... the dystopian plot begins.

  9. #24
    Fantastic Member GMikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Oh wow. I must be psychic, lol. It is good that the chief writer is the artist too so that she can fully show Jean, Phoenix and all the characters involved in the way she perceives them, not only from the story arc but in the artwork itself. This is so important as story and art are a part of each other and if not done correctly can negatively influence the other. This way, this is truly her vision, with of course, all of our input too!

    I like the fact of showing them as kids with a time jump. This also adds background to the characters and their personalities.

    I can't wait to glimpse some artwork!
    LOL She's an awesome artist, and I feel she could really bring these characters to life, in a way that is really impactful for this story, despite some simplicity she does rely on (to make production go quicker). I might go ahead and post a few images she sketched, they ARE very chibi-like, due to them being kids. But the adults she's drawn are really cool in design. There's a simplicity to it, but with that sharp anime edge (if that makes sense lol). She's the type that is DEFINITELY meticulous about the art driving the narrative. She's also a logo designer, and with that, she's also been able to really manifest the ideas of others in awesome ways.

    That's good ^_^ trust me, these are not nice childhoods. Even the Avengers, their backstories are all... pretty intense, and how they all come to terms with these subject matters is pretty shocking at times, and really heavy. There were times I felt it was too dark, especially Bruce Banner and Bucky Barnes like... those are some very dark storylines. But given this is for adults, I've been like... okay I'll roll with it. But yes, lots of personality development, that's for sure lol

    At some point, I will sneak some art in this thread ^_^

  10. #25
    Fantastic Member GMikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Oh guys I think we figured it out. They about to go ahead and just bring the Japanese anime intro of Xmen into existence finally lmaooooo. We been waiting

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2rSw4Xl5qfs
    XDDDDDDDD I totally forgot about that LOL YEP... Japanese X-Men is finally coming to production... after like... 30 year wait? X'D

    I'm certain she knows of this, she's a big fan of anime so... like, she must be taking cues one way or another lol

  11. #26
    Fantastic Member GMikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Something I was thinking about, Rogue's personality: in the 90s cartoon she was sassy and tough but in other things (including X-Men movies, Wolverine and the X-Men, X-Men: Evolution) shes shy and a bit mousy the difference I think is Carol Danvers, after absorbing Carol she not only got Carol's power but also her personality so in my head "canon" (this is just theory) 90s cartoon Rogue was just a southern version of Carol Danvers.
    That's an interesting point. Carol Danvers does make an appearance, actually AFTER the incident of Rogue taking her powers away. Rogue was a runaway due to her powers, and Mystique (who turns out later to be her biological mother in this), took her in and Rogue was part of the Mutant Brotherhood, until she met Jean. From what I've seen written already, we're getting that good ol' 90s cartoon Rogue, in terms of personality. Sassy, tough girl/tomboy-ish, and always stands her ground type. I may pass that to the writer, your idea about showing her to be much more meek before hand

  12. #27
    Astonishing Member Mutant God's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,864

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Most of those she's a teen versus the 90s cartoon where she is an adult. So maybe she was a mousy teen that grew confident over the years?
    Hmmm....that makes sense, but I haven't seen a confident Rogue without Carol's powers outside the comics (I guess its another reason why we need a new X-Men cartoon lol)
    Skeeter: Hey time traveling O5 members of the X-Men We don't take kindly to people who create a time paradox around here!

    Bartender: Now calm down Skeeter they aint hurtin nobody.

    Skeeter: No! I wanna know som'in from the "O5" How come you cant go back to your own timeline in the first place and how come when Reed Richards "fixed" the universe you wasnt put back and how come the changes that happn to you dont happn to your present day selves?

    Bartender: Skeeter I dont want trouble

  13. #28
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Hmmm....that makes sense, but I haven't seen a confident Rogue without Carol's powers outside the comics (I guess its another reason why we need a new X-Men cartoon lol)
    It would fit that Rogue was a very confident exuberant young woman, before her own mutant powers kicked in and was immediately afflicted with crippling self-doubt and drew in on herself (after nearly killing her boyfriend, and absorbing all of his fear and confusion and doubts at the moment it happened), and only after gaining the Carol Danvers powers (and attitude) that sort of re-ignited her own childhood confidence.

    It would be sort of the best of both worlds, in that Rogue's stronger (and more popular) personality traits could indeed have been her own, and not just borrowed confidence from Carol.

  14. #29
    Astonishing Member Ferro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    3,199

    Default

    I once saw an headcanon on tumblr that kwannon and betsy are half sisters, and it sparked my interest even if not pratical.

  15. #30
    Fantastic Member GMikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    It would fit that Rogue was a very confident exuberant young woman, before her own mutant powers kicked in and was immediately afflicted with crippling self-doubt and drew in on herself (after nearly killing her boyfriend, and absorbing all of his fear and confusion and doubts at the moment it happened), and only after gaining the Carol Danvers powers (and attitude) that sort of re-ignited her own childhood confidence.

    It would be sort of the best of both worlds, in that Rogue's stronger (and more popular) personality traits could indeed have been her own, and not just borrowed confidence from Carol.
    I do like that idea and take on her persona and development there.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •