Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMikey View Post
    OOOOOOkay I finally got the time to post this.

As we're talking about power grids, I think we all discussed the "flaming head" grid as being the better design, however we just need to shape up the categories on the grid.

I agree with "Mystic/Psychic" being a cat, "Mental" maybe is a good one, and whoever discussed changing "Power" to "Power Dominance" think that was Gristir, these are great ideas. Someone also said "Skills" should prolly be "Expertise".

With all that said, we've definitely brought forth the best ideas for power grids. Chief did msg me this morning and said she rly likes our convo on the power grids, but hope we can simplify our ideas to make them easy to create per character. One person did finally give a good idea (as most of these other ideas are... loony), and that was to use the Yu-Gi-Oh power grid. Now... I'm not sold on the monster power grid AS IS, but it does offer some good advice...

Yugioh monsters work like this... there's a monster, it has attack points, defense points, special abilities, an assigned element (light, dark, air, earth, fire, water), and assigned a "Level" meaning overall rank.

Let's use the example given (luckily one I understood) Elemental Hero Neos:

ATK: 2500
    DEF: 2000
    Type: Light/Warrior
    Special Abiltities: his vast, unknown powers are unleashed upon fusion with another Neo-Space hero monster.
    Level/Rank: 7

Nice throwback to anyone who watched Yugioh GX lol

I like this a lot. Not totally for what we're doing, I like the more Marvel style grid better, but this IS a good, easy guide. I actually like ATK/DEF point system, again, not for what we're doing. But the MAIN take away, is the Level (Rank) system. I like using the term "Level" and their levels range from 1 - 12. Levels represent the capability of a monster. For us, it could represent their overall collective rank in power, authority, and ability. Like Nick Fury my have an overall "Level" higher than Iron Man, despite Iron Man being more "powerful". Or better, how the Watcher may outrank Galactus, yet Galactus is shown to be more (destructively) powerful... you get the idea.

I think a meter called "Level Status" or "Rank ???" would be the "overall" meter, listed above the other meters.

There we have it, um... what's your opinions, should we have a numeric meter? I personally don't think we should, but I primarily like the idea of character levels in this fashion.

Looks like cosmic entity about to be out here like
    dc2233e9b77cf7381c56543dd68cc5e379572dbd_hq.jpg

I like having the overall level like I said. Atk/def I don't think I would keep. Light/dark/earth etc categories might take too long to categorize.

I'm curious what she means by "easy to create per character" I assume she wants less stuff happening so Im guessing she doesn't want a lot of the stuff like pictures or descriptions. I think she just wants it as a simple database and wants a very simple database that can be done in a spreadsheet or maybe pie chart.

I think instead of "expertise" that category is simply factored into the "overall" category.

I think the chart could be shaped like the Yugioh card a bit

Name
    Overall level rank (assuming numbers or symbols can be used but numbers is simpler for her to make)
    Picture
    And levels of their 5-7 categories
    Synopsis of powers/abilities

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Got it, thanks!

Great minds think alike!

I was thinking the same thing with 8-12 for cosmic-level beings, who themselves are on different levels, so 12 would be the perfect number.

I like leaving a few levels open because we just do not know what-all is out there, yet to be encountered!
    TRUE!

What becomes the Cosmic Rival, and other things involving Marvel's cosmic canon, I think would be addressed with those higher numbers.

There's a crazy ability revealed about the Cosmic Rival that will definitely bring in some chaotic goodness, and allow fans to create and contribute material to the cosmic hierarchy. like you did with the creation of the Gold Phoenix. of course... I strongly believe creating stuff in regards to the Phoenix is gonna be very limited, and what's gonna be encouraged is branching off into other areas of the cosmos. Good idea, comics have over done it with the Phoenix, and while this bring some new fresh stuff, it would be best to limit creating too many... other Phoenixes, yet still bring on creativity and exploration of it still, iykwim

Mighty Member

Actually I just had a simpler idea. Use a horizontal bar chat like this

image.jpg

Except for the marvel powers simply use one line. There will be one line total. And each category will have color codings. There can be a Key below it that says what power category is associated with what color

So let's say someone is a 1 in intelligence and a 6 in strength and a 3 in energy manipulation etc etc You will have one single horizontal bar with specific colors assigned to each category. And you can write the numerical level rank within each color contained in the horizontal line

More powerful people could have overall longer bars to really demonstrate overall power over others. And just at the right of the bar could be the numerical level of their "overall"

I just want to reiterate only one horizontal bar will be used but all 5-7 categories will have sections of that horizontal bar and will be color coded and leveled numerically

Since she asked for simplicity I think this would work just because spread sheets with several lines are too boring visually so I thought it might be easier and better and sleeker this way
    Last edited by Gripstir; 10-10-2020 at 10:03 AM.

Mighty Member

Well I'm not wholly versed with Magique and Oracle, and just kinda throwing ideas out there LOL

Um... it does make more sense that Jean Grey would realize that stuff. I like that idea with Magique relaying info and discoveries of her own in that fashion. I guess it would also make better sense for Oracle or Magique, to relay instructions from Jean/Phoenix about "Cosmic Rival" to the Annihilators. That might work better.

I also feel like there needs to be a moment where Havok catches everyone by surprise, and is shown to possibly be the only one that can truly channel Cosmic Rival's energy and actually manipulate it (not as good as Cosmic Rival's One True Host, but ykwim). This could build an interesting interaction and conversation between Jean Grey and Havok, you know.
    From what I gathered she's a good telepath but again I want to stress "heavy hitters" for the team. Like this is the team when they walking into a room they got theme music and everyone turning to see what's up. Unless there's a story reason or a potential other reason to be there. I see Oracle as someone who would stay on the Shiar empire. I think guest spot is enough for Oracle. She is strong but there are a lot more powerful beings to use on the team.

Havok should definitely have his moment to shine. I think of Captain America holding Thanos hand in Infinity War

TRUE!

What becomes the Cosmic Rival, and other things involving Marvel's cosmic canon, I think would be addressed with those higher numbers.

There's a crazy ability revealed about the Cosmic Rival that will definitely bring in some chaotic goodness, and allow fans to create and contribute material to the cosmic hierarchy. like you did with the creation of the Gold Phoenix. of course... I strongly believe creating stuff in regards to the Phoenix is gonna be very limited, and what's gonna be encouraged is branching off into other areas of the cosmos. Good idea, comics have over done it with the Phoenix, and while this bring some new fresh stuff, it would be best to limit creating too many... other Phoenixes, yet still bring on creativity and exploration of it still, iykwim
    I do kwym and I totally agree with you on the Phoenix. After the Gold Phoenix, this should conclude any new Phoenix, Phoenix Hosts, etc.

There are plenty of other areas, characters and cosmos left to explore!

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post

image.jpg

Except for the marvel powers simply use one line. There will be one line total. And each category will have color codings. There can be a Key below it that says what power category is associated with what color

So let's say someone is a 1 in intelligence and a 6 in strength and a 3 in energy manipulation etc etc You will have one single horizontal bar with specific colors assigned to each category. And you can write the numerical level rank within each color contained in the horizontal line

More powerful people could have overall longer bars to really demonstrate overall power over others. And just at the right of the bar could be the numerical level of their "overall"

I just want to reiterate only one horizontal bar will be used but all 5-7 categories will have sections of that horizontal bar and will be color coded and leveled numerically

Since she asked for simplicity I think this would work just because spread sheets with several lines are too boring visually so I thought it might be easier and better and sleeker this way
    This is my idea to use one line per category, with each category ranging from 1-9. On the top will be the Rank or Status of the character. Perhaps a small picture of the character in a corner box.

Still working on a few more details to be revealed when completed.

image.jpg

That's cool with the percentages, I kinda do like that.

Now I am a tad confused with how that chart would appear...

Just to clarify, you're saying that in the all in all, we wouldn't have a full grid, just one bar with multiple colors in it?

If 7 cat. are represented in 1 bar, how would we differentiate- if someone's intelligence is a 5, energy is 5, durability is 2, etc, how would that look all on one bar? Percentages?

OR are we just talking about just the character's overall Level/Rank?

Sometimes I'm stupid, and I don't get stuff LOL

How about coming up with a full graph of let's say, Cyclops, so I can better understand your suggestions. Cuz they sound rly good.

Looks like cosmic entity about to be out here like
    dc2233e9b77cf7381c56543dd68cc5e379572dbd_hq.jpg

I like having the overall level like I said. Atk/def I don't think I would keep. Light/dark/earth etc categories might take too long to categorize.

I'm curious what she means by "easy to create per character" I assume she wants less stuff happening so Im guessing she doesn't want a lot of the stuff like pictures or descriptions. I think she just wants it as a simple database and wants a very simple database that can be done in a spreadsheet or maybe pie chart.

I think instead of "expertise" that category is simply factored into the "overall" category.

I think the chart could be shaped like the Yugioh card a bit

Name
    Overall level rank (assuming numbers or symbols can be used but numbers is simpler for her to make)
    Picture
    And levels of their 5-7 categories
    Synopsis of powers/abilities
    LOL nice throwback meme.

So okay YOU are the one to credit for the "Overall" meter (tries to make mental note). Totally would not have "elements" listed, definitely no "atk/def" doesn't even make sense... unless we're making a game.

I think she's talking about each time we introduce a character, list them on the wiki, that she'd need to create their power grid, and it would need to be simple enough to whip up in minutes at the most.

I think shaping the grid like a card would be nice, add a pic of said character too.

Level Rank would prolly be best in numbers.

The categories would go up to 7 at least, and we definitely would have different levels of those.

I didn't realize you all been posting so much, so gotta get a bit caught up

Mighty Member

This is my idea to use one line per category, with each category ranging from 1-9. On the top will be the Rank or Status of the character. Perhaps a small picture of the character in a corner box.

Still working on a few more details to be revealed when completed.
    Ok I’ll wait for your final design then to see

That's cool with the percentages, I kinda do like that.

Now I am a tad confused with how that chart would appear...

Just to clarify, you're saying that in the all in all, we wouldn't have a full grid, just one bar with multiple colors in it?

If 7 cat. are represented in 1 bar, how would we differentiate- if someone's intelligence is a 5, energy is 5, durability is 2, etc, how would that look all on one bar? Percentages?

OR are we just talking about just the character's overall Level/Rank?

Sometimes I'm stupid, and I don't get stuff LOL

How about coming up with a full graph of let's say, Cyclops, so I can better understand your suggestions. Cuz they sound rly good.
    Yeah I knew it was sounding confusing that’s why I tried to say it several times. This is a quick thing. I think Phoenix will do a more elegant one later lol. But essentially it’s one line. The “overall” Phoenix said is on the right (the big 5) Very crude but here’s what I was thinking. It’s called a stacked bar chart horizontal.

E56EB7D4-1ADE-4DD6-8648-28BF45B3E8D9.jpg

Obviously tweak as needed I just wanted to show my visual idea but not necessarily the finished product I just think it’s easy to make and easy to follow. Obviously the numbers inside each color would not say “prod a” or prod B” I was just struggling to figure out how to erase those and put the numbers in. Remember this was done in two minutes so style would have to be expanded on

And like I said it can be scaled so all characters total bar are equal length or different characters can have different length total bars for comparison. So some can be off the charts with very long power bars and some like regular humans might have short bars
    Last edited by Gripstir; 10-10-2020 at 11:23 AM.

From what I gathered she's a good telepath but again I want to stress "heavy hitters" for the team. Like this is the team when they walking into a room they got theme music and everyone turning to see what's up. Unless there's a story reason or a potential other reason to be there. I see Oracle as someone who would stay on the Shiar empire. I think guest spot is enough for Oracle. She is strong but there are a lot more powerful beings to use on the team.

Havok should definitely have his moment to shine. I think of Captain America holding Thanos hand in Infinity War
    Yea I can see that. I'm not all versed in Oracle and Magique, but having a telepath/telekinetic would be super valued.

Yeah I kinda see that comparison MCU Steve Rogers, and Havok vs. Cosmic Rival. Havok will be interesting to explore. I hope they use his 90s design tho, I don't like the design with the atom around his head. I may have mentioned that before lol

I do kwym and I totally agree with you on the Phoenix. After the Gold Phoenix, this should conclude any new Phoenix, Phoenix Hosts, etc.

There are plenty of other areas, characters and cosmos left to explore!
    The way the Dystopian Arcs end with a major battle and a sense of returning to normal, the Phoenix Force would be put to rest for a good while, and we'd see the story progress with heroes picking up the pieces (on good terms this time), and moving forward. The Dystopian Arcs left tons of trouble and cosmic mess, so we'll get to create some awesome ideas for ground level heroes, as well as other cosmic heroes. I wouldn't mind seeing even someone like Giraud, beyond being Phoenix, what he would do to repair his world, just as himself.

Well, this did not post with the grid lines and boxes I had, so I apologize.

I will try to explain this as it did not come across as I intended.

1)The top line is RANK from 1-12, an overall gauge of power of the character.
    2) Under RANK are all the categories. I just picked some random ones as examples. All categories go from 1 - 9.
    3) On the left side---where I put "*" for the majority of the space is a spot for a character pic.
    4) Under the character pic will be room for additional character info (CI). (If more space is required the pic could be made slightly smaller for that character.)

Things that could go here are Starhawk's healing light ability and could even have a rank, Gladiator's flight and space flight abilities, etc. It could also be used for weapons, such as Valkyrie's Enchanted indestructible sword Dragonfang, and Black Widow's gauntlets and belt.

For example:
    White healing light ability 7 (Starhawk )
    Flight 6 (Gladiator)
    Space Flight 6 (Gladiator)
    Dragonfang: golden, indestructible, holds enchantments, can cleve most materials 7
    Widow's Gauntlet: 3 bite, 2 cable, 2 gas grenade
    Widow's Belt: contains plastique material, contains powerlets for Bite

5) Different colors can be used on the single-line category bars for empowerment and depowering.

6) I combined the Chief Writer's idea of Power and my idea of Projection to create "Power Projection" instead of energy projection. PP encompasses all types of power and reduces redundancy of categories.

RANK (1 - 12)

* Power Grid 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

* STRENGTH
    * SPEED
    * AGILITY
    * FIGHTING
    * DURABILITY
    * PSYCHE
    * PSYCHIC/MYSTIC APTITUDE
    CI INTELLIGENCE
    CI WILLPOWER
    CI POWER PROJECTION

I hope this is clear. If not, please ask and I will explain it better.
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 10-10-2020 at 11:51 AM.

Ok I’ll wait for your final design then to see

Yeah I knew it was sounding confusing that’s why I tried to say it several times. This is a quick thing. I think Phoenix will do a more elegant one later lol. But essentially it’s one line. The “overall” Phoenix said is on the right (the big 5) Very crude but here’s what I was thinking. It’s called a stacked bar chart horizontal.

E56EB7D4-1ADE-4DD6-8648-28BF45B3E8D9.jpg

Obviously tweak as needed I just wanted to show my visual idea but not necessarily the finished product I just think it’s easy to make and easy to follow. Obviously the numbers inside each color would not say “prod a” or prod B” I was just struggling to figure out how to erase those and put the numbers in. Remember this was done in two minutes so style would have to be expanded on

And like I said it can be scaled so all characters total bar are equal length or different characters can have different length total bars for comparison. So some can be off the charts with very long power bars and some like regular humans might have short bars
    Oooooookay now that I see it, I understand a little better.

So it would be one line and all of the categories listed within that line, with the number below representing the level?

Okay... Let's use an actual character from the Marvel Wiki, and lets use their stats to eliminate confusion or questions:

Scott Summers/Cyclops

Power grid 1 - 7 (Marvel Wiki)

Intelligence 3
    Strength 2
    Speed 2
    Durability 2
    Energy Projection 5
    Fighting Skills 4

Take THIS data, pulled directly from the Marvel Wiki, and turn it into your graph. Then I could see it all clearly

I see potential in it, just need to see it with an actual character to see it better.

Well, this did not post with the grid lines and boxes I had, so I apologize.

I will try to explain this as it did not come across as I intended.

1)The top line is RANK from 1-12, an overall gauge of power of the character.
    2) Under RANK are all the categories. I just picked some random ones as examples. All categories go from 1 - 9.
    3) On the left side---where I put "*" for the majority of the space is a spot for a character pic.
    4) Under the character pic will be room for additional character info (CI). (If more space is required the pic could be made slightly smaller for that character.)

Things that could go here are Starhawk's healing light ability and could even have a rank, Gladiator's flight and space flight abilities, etc. It could also be used for weapons, such as Valkyrie's Enchanted indestructible sword Dragonfang, and Black Widow's gauntlets and belt.

For example:
    White healing light ability 7 (Starhawk )
    Flight 6 (Gladiator)
    Space Flight 6 (Gladiator)
    Dragonfang: golden, indestructible, holds enchantments, can cleve most materials 7
    Widow's Gauntlet: 3 bite, 2 cable, 2 gas grenade
    Widow's Belt: contains plastique material, contains powerlets for Bite

5) Different colors can be used on the single-line category bars for empowerment and depowering.

6) I combined the Chief Writer's idea of Power and my idea of Projection to create "Power Projection" instead of energy projection. PP encompasses all types of power and reduces redundancy of categories.

RANK (1 - 12)

* Power Grid 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

* STRENGTH
    * SPEED
    * AGILITY
    * FIGHTING
    * DURABILITY
    * PSYCHE
    * PSYCHIC/MYSTIC APTITUDE
    CI INTELLIGENCE
    CI WILLPOWER
    CI POWER PROJECTION

I hope this is clear. If not, please ask and I will explain it better.
    Okay this one I get a little more cuz it reminds me of the Marvel Wiki grid. Just extra stuff lol

"Power Projection" is the best term, that encompasses all forms of power, without it appearing like "strength" or physical power.

The additional info being listed for the characters is similar to the Marvel Wiki. Kinda like here for Cyclops: https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Scott...rs_(Earth-616)

Thinking on it, just immediately, two of the categories may not count or need to count... "Willpower" and "Psyche". "Fighting" I think would change to "Combat", only cuz of the writers. It was their idea to change "Fighting Skills" to "Combat". Um... I feel like there's a word that would encompass "Psychic" and "Mystic" so it's one word, just to condense space some.

I know for fact that chief is gonna love "Willpower", as that plays into many aspects of the Phoenix Trilogy. I personally not sure if that should be a category, but thats just me. Chief will like it tho lol "Agility" is another one I'm not certain on... but I see ppl liking it.

The format is awesome, esp since you didn't get to use any tables. These categories are very thoroughly thought out... question is... will this look like info overload, only cuz this is a lot of categories. 11 when you count the "Rank" one. I'd reorder the categories some, um... the writers prolly would do that.

I hope I didn't sound critical cuz I REALLY like this idea and design. My thing is will this look like too much info, or too many categories, that's all

Mighty Member

Oooooookay now that I see it, I understand a little better.

So it would be one line and all of the categories listed within that line, with the number below representing the level?

Okay... Let's use an actual character from the Marvel Wiki, and lets use their stats to eliminate confusion or questions:

Scott Summers/Cyclops

Power grid 1 - 7 (Marvel Wiki)

Intelligence 3
    Strength 2
    Speed 2
    Durability 2
    Energy Projection 5
    Fighting Skills 4
    Take THIS data, pulled directly from the Marvel Wiki, and turn it into your graph. Then I could see it all clearly

I see potential in it, just need to see it with an actual character to see it better.
    0A31ED0F-51B8-4DFB-8AD1-0A8CA4D6094B.jpg

I’m sorry I don’t have a computer so this is something I’m trying to do on my phone with a touch screen and limited features with a free program. I had to move the “overall” down because I didn’t have enough room. It could also go near the name or something. You could probably just look up bar chart stacked horizontal and find a site that has the outlines set up and just input the values you want.

Pretty much seems Phoenix has the idea I did. I think his categories might work too. Idk Phoenix can you tell me if this is the same as the idea you already had?

And I want to stress this can be made a lot better and probably a lot faster than what I did if you have a computer to do it on
    Last edited by Gripstir; 10-10-2020 at 01:18 PM.

0A31ED0F-51B8-4DFB-8AD1-0A8CA4D6094B.jpg

I’m sorry I don’t have a computer so this is something I’m trying to do on my phone with a touch screen and limited features with a free program. I had to move the “overall” down because I didn’t have enough room. It could also go near the name or something. You could probably just look up bar chart stacked horizontal and find a site that has the outlines set up and just input the values you want.

Pretty much seems Phoenix has the idea I did. I think his categories might work too. Idk Phoenix can you tell me if this is the same as the idea you already had?
    OOOOOOOOOOKAY now I see it. I see it, see it.

Now I can understand how it works. This looks like the Marvel Site power grid. With the dials.

Don't worry I get this being hard to make on phone. ur doing better than me! I can't draw AT ALL lol

Phoenixx9 is more like the Marvel WIKI power grid, with the gauges. But now I see yours, I can see this to either way.

Phoenix was more observing this idea...

I'll tell at least chief to look at our thread and see what she thinks. In the near future, I hope she can interact on here too