Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222829303132

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    I used to be super into fan fics. Not so much now but I know how much ideas get taken from fan fiction gets made official. There’s a lot of stuff on the Summers in fan fiction.
    Really? That surprises me. I was under the impression that professional writers avoided reading fanfics to keep from being accused of stealing ideas.
    Last edited by Anodyne; 11-06-2020 at 10:23 PM.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
    Really? That surprises me. I was under the impression that professional writers avoided reading fanfics to keep from being accused of stealing ideas.
    well most comic writers started as fans. Geoff Johns notably wrote a letter to DC saying that Superboy should be Lex and Clark's clone. Hence why he revealed that during his Teen Titans run
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

I've been through EVERYTHING...

So, last month I got very sick, and I took hiatus to make sure I did not have COVID (in the end I didn't, just had severe stomach flu). I was in the clinic for at least 2 1/2 weeks. However, upon leaving, the chief writer told me some BIG news. One of the LARGEST, fastest growing Marvel fan groups has appointed her as an ADMIN, due to the series she's working on! This group is approaching 500K in members! Their target for spring is to mid-summer 2021 is 1 million Marvel fans, all united. This, school and a lot of stuff got her totally tied up, and she had to postpone the launching of the Marvel fan series, just a bit. However, due to crunch time for her gaming classes, she brought me on as a temporary moderator in the group, to help her out. I got to mingle with a LOT of Marvel fans, the other admins, and her group of 6K has now bridged over with them, so now we've grown incredibly.

This has caused me to NOT be active anywhere else. Modding is a ton of work (esp with such small team for a group this big), and it was so much stuff the admins had to get caught up with. I've also started a new job, hopefully get a better shift so I can have some personal time lol

I'm fine, everything's good now. I'll soon try to give some updates. The creative team has changed A LOT. Several new comers and I think they're very supportive in bringing cool ideas on board. She announced that we have a Wiki! TWO actually, one for all the different fan collab works, AND one to list all Marvel Superpowers, with most accurate descriptions, eventually links and such. So that's awesome!

Once the new year is settled, I'll be able to get back active, share EVERYTHING that transpired, and share the base script! (yes she's partially released the base script for Arc I)

Quote Originally Posted by GMikey View Post

So, last month I got very sick, and I took hiatus to make sure I did not have COVID (in the end I didn't, just had severe stomach flu). I was in the clinic for at least 2 1/2 weeks. However, upon leaving, the chief writer told me some BIG news. One of the LARGEST, fastest growing Marvel fan groups has appointed her as an ADMIN, due to the series she's working on! This group is approaching 500K in members! Their target for spring is to mid-summer 2021 is 1 million Marvel fans, all united. This, school and a lot of stuff got her totally tied up, and she had to postpone the launching of the Marvel fan series, just a bit. However, due to crunch time for her gaming classes, she brought me on as a temporary moderator in the group, to help her out. I got to mingle with a LOT of Marvel fans, the other admins, and her group of 6K has now bridged over with them, so now we've grown incredibly.

This has caused me to NOT be active anywhere else. Modding is a ton of work (esp with such small team for a group this big), and it was so much stuff the admins had to get caught up with. I've also started a new job, hopefully get a better shift so I can have some personal time lol

I'm fine, everything's good now. I'll soon try to give some updates. The creative team has changed A LOT. Several new comers and I think they're very supportive in bringing cool ideas on board. She announced that we have a Wiki! TWO actually, one for all the different fan collab works, AND one to list all Marvel Superpowers, with most accurate descriptions, eventually links and such. So that's awesome!

Once the new year is settled, I'll be able to get back active, share EVERYTHING that transpired, and share the base script! (yes she's partially released the base script for Arc I)
    Glad your doing okay. Take care of yourself and happy new year.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Hey GMikey!

Wow, you have been through it!

So happy you are back and feeling healthy!!

Cannot wait to see all of the things you have to share. I know they will be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Hey GMikey!

Wow, you have been through it!

So happy you are back and feeling healthy!!

Cannot wait to see all of the things you have to share. I know they will be good.
    Hey Phoenixx9!

I am slowly, trickling my way back LOL But its great to be in this new year

Did you get my PM? I sent it a while ago, I can resend if I need to.

I'm gonna try and answer everyone's comments in the new post I just created. There's the ideas, and I can PM you about those a little more

HAPPY 2021!

Goddamn 2021 couldn't have come sooner. GLAD 2020 is gone and over with, hope 2021 promises a brighter future for us all

Anyway, I'm posting a new 2021 version of my previous thread about the fan collab I've discussed quite a bit here. This is the original thread, and I WILL address the latest comments in this new thread. This is the link to the old one: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...non-think-tank

I am here to announce that the fan collab grew OVERNIGHT, and is one reason why launching it all has been delayed. A growing Marvel fan group from Facebook, has bridged with the project, and now we have over 400K new participants. So... this is BIG. I've been made a temporary mod alongside others to help the group with its steady incline of membership, and (other than early December illness) is the reason I haven't been all too active on here.

Anyway! More creative ppl have also joined the team, and have even influenced the chief writer of ideas that she initially stated she would NOT tackle. Chief also spilled a heavily redacted version of the script, to give everyone a mild idea of the plot, so those who want to participate in creating ideas, would have something to work with. So... I'll post all of those updates momentarily.

This is the list of stuff she discussed, and through out the day (when I can) I'll write individual posts about each topic:

1. THE PLOT AND TITLE: "THE YOUNG X-MEN"
    So YES, she dropped the title! The Young X-Men starts our heroes off as adolescent aged kids (even tho they look like chibis), training to control and utilize their powers under the guidance and child custody guardianship of Charles Xavier (a much younger version of Xavier, whom the kids call in public "Uncle Chuck"). Their story development is heavily tied to the Avengers. In fact, the chief writer have stated that in order to understand what becomes of the X-Men's plot and the "Phoenix Trilogy", you must pay close attention to the Avengers' series (which actually debuts and starts first), and certain characters that are part of the Avengers' narrative. More on the Young X-Men later today, hopefully.

2. MADELYNE PRYOR AND HOPE SUMMERS-ISH
    Chief swore that she would not be including Madelyne Pryor or Hope Summers into the narrative. However, new comers came along and gave her some new ideas and though into how to utilize these characters, one way or another. For Madelyne Pryor, she would serve as the antithesis of Jean Grey, and instead of using the (ridiculous) Goblin Force, she'll substitute it with the Anti-Phoenix (which plays into another plot of hers and the fans). Madelyne however, may evolve from villain into antihero, an idea on the table.

Hope Summers is a character she STILL doesn't like, however decided to create her own version of the character. This version of Hope (Hope Edenton) would not have any ties to the Greys/Summers, and truly be her own character. She'd maintain most of the abilities she has from her canon counterpart, and take on the codename "Twilight". Hope also has a younger brother, named Edgar Elliot Edenton (Star Crest), who's a Mutant of omni-psionic abilities. Together, they do play a role in Jean's narrative somewhat, but they are their own characters.

3. GIRAUD AND THE PHOENIX CORPS.
    So one idea that's being reimagined and revamped, is "the Phoenix Corps". With little on this organization to begin with, chief writer decided to change the narrative entirely to fit a future venture for Giraud, Phoenix IX. In this new narrative, he establishes the Phoenix Corp, in hopes of training potential Phoenix/"Cosmic Rival" hosts, and to further the balance between the Phoenix Force and its "Cosmic Rival". The idea came to him, during his time as "Gold Phoenix of the Crown", from an earlier narrative.

4. DARK PHOENIX: (TBA TITLE)
    So... based on multiple discussions (even some from here I believe), chief has written down the idea for a Dark Phoenix narrative, that centers on Logan as Phoenix/Dark Phoenix. While everyone is trying to combat/save Logan from the overbearing forces of "Phoenix", Sabretooth rises as the new host of Cyttorak, after trying to harness powers of the Crimson Gem for a plot concerning the Mutant Brotherhood. Logan as Dark Phoenix is the only person that winds up being the possible answer to stop Cyttorak possessed Victor Creed, creating one of the most interesting and intense ideas ever, Dark Phoenix (Logan) vs. Cyttorak (Victor Creed).

5. AVENGERS VS. X-MEN: MAGNA CARTA
    This one I'll writer about later, but its one of those psychological mixed astral adventures, that explores different levels of being a law unto one's self, vs. everyone falling under a level of law, even those that are cosmic. It's also very much about how power corrupts, and what should determine one's worth of said powers. There's definitely the feel of existentialism in this one. I need to reread her description and give a better post on it later on

6. REMY LEBEAU: THE TRILOGY
    This is one of chief's most important X-Men sagas (if not the most important saga of this entire Marvel Fan Universe), and is one that is very spoiler heavy so... it will be difficult to discuss this one. But out of all the stories so far, my fave by a long shot IS the Remy Lebeau solo trilogy. It's an incredible psychological, cosmic and even spiritual adventure, that truly explores depths of existentialism, true identity, and the complex layers, trials and triumphs of the human spirit and experience. When I write about this one, I'll try my best to redact the spoilers and mention what I can of this plot, so we can kinda discuss it.

I'll be back later and about each one per convo, but these are the updates (that are X-Men related) I can share, anyone wanna be a part of this massive collab, jump right in!

To whom who have followed this post, should I create a brand new post for 2021, or continue with this chain?

To whom who have followed this post, should I create a brand new post for 2021, or continue with this chain?
    Hey GMikey!

I will check over the PMs and let you know.

As for this thread, I would continue, as it is not 1 character specific, nor is it hundreds of pages long. It should be allowed to continue onward as it is not already closed. So, I would keep it and just continue posting here for continuity.

Hey GMikey!

I will check over the PMs and let you know.

As for this thread, I would continue, as it is not 1 character specific, nor is it hundreds of pages long. It should be allowed to continue onward as it is not already closed. So, I would keep it and just continue posting here for continuity.
    Hey Phoenix!

Ok cool. No rush, I just wanted to make sure you got it I had posted updates to on the project, and I need to do individual, in depth posts on this thread about each addition we all did discuss

Default Marvel fan series: Discussions return!

Soooooooo...

It's been a long time hasn't it! I wanted to revitalize this discussion, because last I checked recently, the short series is back in production, and the chief writer says she WILL soon at least upload like a snippet of what she's worked on to get everyone excited.

I think the best way to reboot this thread is a re-introduction!

MARVEL FAN UNIVERSE SERIES!

I'm a part of Marvel fan collab animated project, where fans get to come up with story ideas, and the "mastermind" (pun intended) would make them manifest as animated shorts. They are kinda simple, but still really dynamic and awesome. Artistically it's reminiscent of anime, but still has an American feel to it. While I probably should have (and will) post this in the main Marvel comics threads, I came to the X-Books originally because there was so much heat, confusions and strong opinions concerning the X-Men.

The project has grown exponentially, originally a little over 6,000 Marvel members worldwide were plugged in. Now however, it merged with a massive international Marvel group, in which a couple months ago was a whopping 400K and has grown now to nearly 450K. That's a LOT of Marvel fans, and a lot of opinions that aren't necessarily accurate. Coming here I hope that I can get new interest, and be able to come to you guys who many ARE COMIC BOOK FANS, and can give the best ideas possible. The one UNFORTUNATE thing about the expansion of the group, is the fact these are primarily MCU fans, with very limited knowledge of the X-Men, and may be swayed into beliefs or ideas that aren't correct according to canon.

So... What is the PLOT?

Very soon I won't have to be too vague, once the first trailer and short is launched. In a nutshell, this series covers ALL MARVEL CHARACTERS, so not specifically X-Men oriented, but starting out, they ARE pretty central for the first few story arcs. The focus teams are the Avengers and the X-Men, and starts them off as kids. Keep in mind that this short series is actually geared towards and mature audience, so blood violence, language, portrayal of injury, suggestive themes (some very uncomfortable) are occurrences.

There will be different short series created simultaneously as part of one big plot. So there's a Spiderman mini shorts, Deadpool shorts, one for the Mutant Brotherhood, possibly the Agents of SHIELD, etc, with the Avengers short series and X-Men being the primary stories we follow.

Each Kid Avenger and Kid X-Men (with Jean Grey being the exception) have dismal backstories, but fate brings them together, and without realizing it immediately, they find each other's story is interconnected with their primary goal (bringing down the villains, in order to resolve various issues concerning their past). While the Avengers and X-Men form separate, they unfortunately become enemies to each other, over not seeing things eye to eye, and also, plain childish clique/tribalism.

Eventually all the mini series lead to "Avengers vs. X-Men" which in turn leads to "The Phoenix Trilogy", and during that time, a time skip occurs so we can move on with them as adults now. I'll say this right quick, a LOT of liberties were taken in creating this narrative. Example is Thunderbird/John Proudstar, who's superpowers are now geomagnetic manipulation (weather and natural forces), and is an omega level Mutant, that's an extinction level threat. His mutantion also granted him giant wings with metal braces to help him control his powers. Personally I like the change, he's kinda dark, brooding, a kid (later man) of a few words, and acts mysterious, but with purpose.

The Phoenix Trilogy has ALSO seen quite the liberties taken. I think the ideas coming in are awesome, and grants the whole Phoenix concept way more expansion and new grounds... but I'll say, it definitely comes with a price, to put it.

I'll share the teams, even the Avengers in case you guys wanna talk about them too:

-Captain America
    -Iron Man
    -Hulk
    -Thor (has major role in the Phoenix Trilogy)
    -Black Widow
    -Hawkeye
    -Falcon
    -War Machine
    -Scarlet Witch (has major role in the Phoenix Trilogy)
    -Quicksilver
    -Vision (has major role in the Phoenix Trilogy)
    -Black Panther (later)

Also with them are Pepper Potts, Riri Williams, Helen Cho, Bucky Barnes and Loki (last two, major roles in the Phoenix Trilogy).

Other characters have roles such as Dr. Strange, Adam Warlock, Captain Marvel, Spiderman (Peter and Miles), Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes), Brother Voodoo and many others.

The X-Men line up was as follows:

-Cyclops
    -Wolverine
    -Storm
    -Gambit
    -Jean Grey
    -Nightcrawler
    -Rogue
    -Angel
    -Beast
    -Thunderbird

There

What comes after the Phoenix Trilogy, REALLY sets the stage for loads of creative ideas for fans to create.

Let's chat, let's discuss, let's go all in it!

Hey there, GMikey!

I have been trying to PM you since yesterday, but your box is full.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Hey there, GMikey!

I have been trying to PM you since yesterday, but your box is full.
    omfg lol OK let me clean it up!