Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMikey View Post
    My sure assumption is a big no. If Jean Grey received several changes, I'm certain that Kid Omega is gonna receive a serious facelift. As he is now, his looks don't... match the anime aesthetic anyways, so... he'd have to undergo a major change of appearance. His backstory is another reason why I fear he's gonna stick with some of these writers, as... he would have some major changes with his narrative, but his canon story does reflect certain elements present in our fan collab work, especially in junction with other characters.

I mean I think there is potential in the character but some of his motivations and his choices aren't really interesting. I think he's one of those characters that the writer thought "well I could see a person like this existing in real life so I'm going to just write it like that"

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    I mean I think there is potential in the character but some of his motivations and his choices aren't really interesting. I think he's one of those characters that the writer thought "well I could see a person like this existing in real life so I'm going to just write it like that"
    YEP... I do agree that there's potential there (somewhere), but... the writers don't know how to realize it. There wasn't enough thought put into his character too, and... for him to look like that, you'd assume he'd have a very interesting story, and... he just felt a bit empty. Now his association with the Cuckoos is one of the main problems, and I do believe that'd be dropped from his narrative completely. It could also be a case of which our chief stated, writers don't want to put enough effort into other Phoenix hosts, to maintain Jean Grey's position with the Phoenix. That kind of stuff does hurt character development.

Mighty Member

YEP... I do agree that there's potential there (somewhere), but... the writers don't know how to realize it. There wasn't enough thought put into his character too, and... for him to look like that, you'd assume he'd have a very interesting story, and... he just felt a bit empty. Now his association with the Cuckoos is one of the main problems, and I do believe that'd be dropped from his narrative completely. It could also be a case of which our chief stated, writers don't want to put enough effort into other Phoenix hosts, to maintain Jean Grey's position with the Phoenix. That kind of stuff does hurt character development.
    I think when he was made he was designed like someone from the Portland area scene. In Portland they are known for their extreme views from extremely left wing to extremely right. His story is kinda like a quiet lonely kid who kinda loses it a bit. I think the character is a bit too on the nose at times. I think his powers are a bit interesting and I could even accept his story if written well

I think when he was made he was designed like someone from the Portland area scene. In Portland they are known for their extreme views from extremely left wing to extremely right. His story is kinda like a quiet lonely kid who kinda loses it a bit. I think the character is a bit too on the nose at times. I think his powers are a bit interesting and I could even accept his story if written well
    That seems about right. It also seems the writers were trying to design someone of today's time, and appeal way too much to that demographic, and that with poor writing, it was just a no.

I think what would make a great storyline for reimagining Quire, is what has been proposed for Spyke's character (y'know the kid from X-Evolution?) yea... so he's totally been overhauled, like Thunderbird. I must say I do like this direction; Spyke's revised abilities involve manipulation of organic (and some inorganic) compounds. So, he can generate organic mass around himself (similar to the show), but also bend earthy elements nearby. Spyke is kinda antihero, who is secretly a leader of rogue mutants against the cruelty of humans to mutants. He has a very solid story, and I like the character redesign so much more.

That I feel is what Quire needs. A story having humans (like AIM or HYDRA) experimenting on him, he escapes and develops an insane pov, and then starts some underground, rogue group of his own, akin to new-Spyke and Magneto's plots.

Mighty Member

That seems about right. It also seems the writers were trying to design someone of today's time, and appeal way too much to that demographic, and that with poor writing, it was just a no.

I think what would make a great storyline for reimagining Quire, is what has been proposed for Spyke's character (y'know the kid from X-Evolution?) yea... so he's totally been overhauled, like Thunderbird. I must say I do like this direction; Spyke's revised abilities involve manipulation of organic (and some inorganic) compounds. So, he can generate organic mass around himself (similar to the show), but also bend earthy elements nearby. Spyke is kinda antihero, who is secretly a leader of rogue mutants against the cruelty of humans to mutants. He has a very solid story, and I like the character redesign so much more.

That I feel is what Quire needs. A story having humans (like AIM or HYDRA) experimenting on him, he escapes and develops an insane pov, and then starts some underground, rogue group of his own, akin to new-Spyke and Magneto's plots.
    To be fair I do like his descent itself. I like how he started getting increasingly violent and stuff. Just story. I don’t think I want another Magneto and if that’s Spykes story Q doesn’t need to step on that and take away from Spykes journey. I don’t even particular think he needs justification for his descent. But the character needs to be more interesting somehow. He does go pretty sad when he learns his actions have hurt some people he cared about. I kinda want him to be a bit like Megamind just less campy
    Last edited by Gripstir; 09-27-2020 at 10:27 AM.

To be fair I do like his decent itself. I like how he started getting increasingly violent and stuff. Just story. I don’t think I want another Magneto and if that’s Spykes story Q doesn’t need to step on that and take away from Spykes journey. I don’t even particular think he needs justification for his decent. But the character needs to be more interesting somehow. He does go pretty sad when he learns his actions have hurt some people he cared about. I kinda want him to be a bit like Megamind just less campy
    Yeah, these are the things I find uninteresting in general. I never liked Q, his story, the whole Portland thing, nor when he got his "new" look complete with "punk look" purple mohawk, clothing, etc. When I read that story, generally, I totally skip over Q parts, lol. But I did find the Cuckoos putting him down funny. He just never seemed to get it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yeah, these are the things I find uninteresting in general. I never liked Q, his story, the whole Portland thing, nor when he got his "new" look complete with "punk look" purple mohawk, clothing, etc. When I read that story, generally, I totally skip over Q parts, lol. But I did find the Cuckoos putting him down funny. He just never seemed to get it.
    Yeah I mean finding out you're adopted can bring some bad feelings to light. I just felt they went with the Tes Bundyesque story but didn't really deliver the character work they could have done

Yeah I mean finding out you're adopted can bring some bad feelings to light. I just felt they went with the Tes Bundyesque story but didn't really deliver the character work they could have done
    I liked when Q turned to goo and was placed in a jar in Beast's lab!

(Although I wanted that to remain his fate and not have any other stories involving him.) I thought that was a good conclusion for Q and his story.

To be fair I do like his descent itself. I like how he started getting increasingly violent and stuff. Just story. I don’t think I want another Magneto and if that’s Spykes story Q doesn’t need to step on that and take away from Spykes journey. I don’t even particular think he needs justification for his descent. But the character needs to be more interesting somehow. He does go pretty sad when he learns his actions have hurt some people he cared about. I kinda want him to be a bit like Megamind just less campy
    Those are actually some good points and... like no one has decided HOW to handle Q. Like, he's only here cuz he appeared in the Crown (WHR) and... that is kinda important, for the Phoenix's narrative. You might be right with the whole... thing being too similar to Spyke, and possibly... he could simply just represent a troubled kid. Its possible that he could be involved with Spyke's gang... or, simply give him a narrative that separates him entirely... I dunno :/

I never like ANY look he had. He felt like... the corporate dudes at Marvel was like "okay, we need a character that's hip, cool and relatable to youngsters... whatcha got?" then the other old goon says "I know! I have a teenage son going through a phase, let me see... he's very rebellious, argumentative, he dyed his hair pink recently, OH and he's always shopping at Sketchers and Hot Topic" and then the head guy said "SWEET... now all he needs is a name, what's your son's name again?"

I swear that's what happened...

(Although I wanted that to remain his fate and not have any other stories involving him.) I thought that was a good conclusion for Q and his story.
    LOLOLOL what the hell? Well... that'd been nice if he did end like that X'DDDD

Mighty Member

It might be cool if his energy form actually led into another storyline somehow. I did like how he got to chill on Krakóa for a bit though

Mighty Member

Those are actually some good points and... like no one has decided HOW to handle Q. Like, he's only here cuz he appeared in the Crown (WHR) and... that is kinda important, for the Phoenix's narrative. You might be right with the whole... thing being too similar to Spyke, and possibly... he could simply just represent a troubled kid. Its possible that he could be involved with Spyke's gang... or, simply give him a narrative that separates him entirely... I dunno :/

I never like ANY look he had. He felt like... the corporate dudes at Marvel was like "okay, we need a character that's hip, cool and relatable to youngsters... whatcha got?" then the other old goon says "I know! I have a teenage son going through a phase, let me see... he's very rebellious, argumentative, he dyed his hair pink recently, OH and he's always shopping at Sketchers and Hot Topic" and then the head guy said "SWEET... now all he needs is a name, what's your son's name again?"

So let me explain the part I did like, not necessarily the writing or anything but the idea. Q is struggling and ends up living on Krakoa in the middle of the ocean alone. I think it was Thor(?) who came and asked for help. I like how he telepath'd his way into Phoenix WHR to help out. All that part is fine.

For his story one thing people might consider is having him have a crisis of identity but better than just "oh I'm adopted time to commit hate crimes" the interesting thing about his look is he has kinda the nazi haircut but he has the colored hair. So what if his story involves being pulled apart by both political sides. A constant division of people he cares about. Like he can initially represent the moderate who sees others going more and more extremist around him as a kid. Maybe his parents are very liberal but his brothers are very conservative or something and he simply is trying to appease everyone so he develops this look that is meant to be kinda politically androgynous and what makes him snap is maybe his conservative siblings get killed or something. Maybe he feels the Xmen didn't help enough or don't cares enough. But the thing that ends up happening is he himself ends up adopting the extremist views his family used or something. ( Maybe it could be his good friends or even neighbors). that's when he can go on an anger spree. Maybe he gets a better story with the Cookoos or something. And due to the division of the world and his failure to integrate that's when he decides to go off on Krakoa and has the Phoenix storyline or something

Edit: I never fully understood his power but did they say something about his brainwaves kinda being parallel or something? That he could process stuff? Maybe his brain is like his political self. Divided and that makes him super strong like having two brains
    Last edited by Gripstir; 09-27-2020 at 12:41 PM.

Yeah, he turned to GOO! Was kept in a Bell-Shaped jar in Beast's lab. Then the PF happened or some such and he reformed. With all of the Power of the Phoenix, all Q wanted was to reanimate a Cuckoo. When he did that, she was appalled and stated she would rather be dead and decaying than to be with him!! She went back to the grave and (I think) he went to Goo.

It might be cool if his energy form actually led into another storyline somehow. I did like how he got to chill on Krakóa for a bit though
    Yeah, I would be willing to give Q this break---and go from Goo to an energy---but "NO MORE PHOENIX FORCE" for Q and no Phoenixy powers!! Just Q as energy.

Mighty Member

Yeah, he turned to GOO! Was kept in a Bell-Shaped jar in Beast's lab. Then the PF happened or some such and he reformed. With all of the Power of the Phoenix, all Q wanted was to reanimate a Cuckoo. When he did that, she was appalled and stated she would rather be dead and decaying than to be with him!! She went back to the grave and (I think) he went to Goo.

Yeah, I would be willing to give Q this break---and go from Goo to an energy---but "NO MORE PHOENIX FORCE" for Q and no Phoenixy powers!! Just Q as energy.
    Well gmikey I think said he was confirmed specifically because of the Phoenix stuff. So I'm just trying for ideas

Well gmikey I think said he was confirmed specifically because of the Phoenix stuff. So I'm just trying for ideas
    True.

So the Phoenix can change his form into an energy form and go down a different story path from there. That could work.

True.

So the Phoenix can change his form into an energy form and go down a different story path from there. That could work.
    I don't think Q is gonna be anything big. He's really here to assist the Phoenix's narrative, since in canon, he was shown access to the Crown (which plays a major role for later). Should Q be anything past the Dystopian and "Distant" Arcs, I doubt seriously the Phoenix would return to his character.

There's quite a few ideas of character development and cosmic world building that the writers and fans alike would rather pursue, than return to Q. Aamof, things don't return to normal for a long time, even after the greatest big bad is defeated. A lot of focus goes into developing the Young Avengers (fan chosen line up), the Eternals, Spider-Man/Venom etc., and as for the Mutants, we'd get way more of Colossus, Deadpool, an arc about Cable, Forge and Bishop fully bridge over into this reality, Jean Grey becomes the Xavier figure of the X-Men, Wolverine continues a solo series, and there would be a lot of new Mutants to join the X-Men. And that's just one reality of the main timeline.