Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Which titles are you desperate to see relaunched?

Its hard to fathom we dont have

Dr. Strange
    Moon Knight
    Blade

With top tier creative teams. And i will just add that the MU is lesser whenever we dont have a Thunderbolts book on the stands.

Also maybe its time to go the full season route with some of these books? 8-10 issues per year, and then a 6 month break, before the next season. With ONE artist. If just makes sense for a team, to stay on a title, they get faster, they can do some universe design stuff, and the art can get better, any artist will be better doing issue 12, after they have done the first 11.

What titles are you missing ?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

all credit to the amazing ImperiusWrecked

It's beyond understanding that Namor, Marvel's first and seminal character, the original anti-hero, the reason why Marvel is celebrating every f'ing anniversary, doesn't have an ongoing book, especially in his 80th year. It's been TEN YEARS since Marvel even half attempted to invest in this great character with an ongoing. Instead, they've just let DC rake in the money with their Namor knock offs, Aquaman and Black Adam.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 09-17-2020 at 07:27 AM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Its hard to fathom we dont have

Dr. Strange
    Moon Knight
    Blade
    It's not hard to fathom. Plans have probably been delayed because of the pandemic and the shutdown. There's no way Marvel is going to not push their movie and TV characters.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

As for Doctor Strange, he was written by Mark Waid, who seems to have defected to DC.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Only one title would make me happy. Get the rights back and run this guy for all he is worth.

SUPERPRO!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Kelly Thompson's Deadpool hasn't been bad.. but the book needs more juice. Wade was drained bone dry several years ago with all the minis and Skottie Young's volume was so pedestrian, that now the character doesn't feel important any more. I miss the days of Remender, Duggan, Uncanny X-Force, and Uncanny Avengers.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Invaders.

100char
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Only one title would make me happy. Get the rights back and run this guy for all he is worth.

SUPERPRO!
    Lol NFL Superpro might be interesting right now.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Fantastic Member

ooh there's some potential

a wave focused on some of the younger and underused heroes

Slingers - saw this suggested and it sounds like a great idea
    Avengers Academy - fun stuff before
    New Warriors - more like the classic team and not that abomination that was apparently about to launch
    Academy X - bring back DeFilippis and Weir. the squads of X kids was real fun before the awful depowering and butchering of them.

fixing the cosmic line and making it as good as it was when DNA was there

Nova - the real one. Rich Ryder. let's make him the figurehead. expand the Nova corps. give some rivals.
    Infinity Watch - keep GOTG going and good again but this will be Adam Warlock back with a team.

a new Thunderbolts. have a new team debut with the old theme and some of the old team reunites to figure out the motives of the new team.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Is there even a point to Ultimates now that they've been subsumed into a greater Avengers?

Honestly, don't think Nextwave has a point post-Hickman/Ewing. They were only ever a Beyonders fabrication. And good riddance.

Agreed with Kyle/Yost's New X-Men, Doctor Strange, Scream, Namor, Surfer, Livewires, and Invaders.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Punisher
    Defenders (supernatural based with Blade, rotating guests)
    Cloak & Dagger.
    a space team besides GOTG. Needs to be more than one. With Monica Rambeau.
    Nightmask- bring a new character with these powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    As for Doctor Strange, he was written by Mark Waid, who seems to have defected to DC.
    Mixed feelings about Waid's recent runs on Strange. On one hand he wasn't destroying Dr Strange's character, power, and history for the sake of one or two stories. AND he wrote him as a MOSTLY likeable human. On the other hand his stories didn't feel very magical/occultic somehow. What little magic feels there were, for me at least; were pretty much sole due to the efforts of the artists. While there some tales with magic in there, mostly it felt to me like Strange was a superhero who was also a surgeon.

I suppose I found Waid's runs were more of a relief than anything else.