Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Silver Surfer
    Moon Knight - Jason Aaron?
    Fantastic Four (new creative team)
    Which team for SS?

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Is there even a point to Ultimates now that they've been subsumed into a greater Avengers?
    Definitely. Think of the Ultimates as the Special Forces division of the Avengers. Sure, Avengers often tackle cosmic scale stories going back to the early days. But the main Avengers team isn't always equipped to deal with every existential threat due to personnel choices, nor does it always have the latitude to anticipate, plan and conduct missions preemptively or counteractively. Most of the time the Avengers main team is a reactionary response unit. That alone separates them from the Ultimates modus operandi.

The second incarnation of the Ultimates was basically the Avengers with the Fantastic Four's genre-scaling thematic elements. The multiverse is an awfully big place. Even larger when you consider all of the alternate realities that exist. If Marvel wanted, yes, there's a place for a team like the Ultimates. But like I said, they can't or won't renew the title for whatever reason.

Invisible Woman
    Fantastic Four with a new creative team
    She-Hulk
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You're getting at least two of those as part of King in Black (Thunderbolts and Namor), maybe three, if they retool Squadron Supreme's cancelled Empyre tie-in like they did with The Union.
    I’ll take it.

Astonishing Member

D.P.7.

Venomverse

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Which team for SS?
    Silver Surfer might be Ewing with Nico Henrichon. Al Ewing is a top notch sci-fi marvel writers and Nico Henrichon is really good at writing weird stuff. So both of them are supposed to be a winner.

Incredible Member

Don't know about 'desperate' but would be interested in seeing a new ALPHA FLIGHT book. The John Byrne run -and even after he left-was the first and maybe only comic book I ever got through the mail. Of course now it would have to include some type of unique 'hook' other than just, "Hey,we're Canadian!" lol That would still be there of course but feel you'd need something else for it to sell.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Definitely. Think of the Ultimates as the Special Forces division of the Avengers.
    When you put it like that, I'm really not seeing a point. Avengers are supposed to be the Special Forces anyway. Are they the "mightiest" or not?
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    D.P.7.

Venomverse
    I second D.P.7. Add Spitfire and the Troubleshooters to that.

Incredible Member

Secret Warriors - Hickman | Diggle | Remender

Secret Avengers - Ellis | Rucka | Brubaker

Writers are relatively interchangeable between the two.

Punisher
    Defenders (supernatural based with Blade, rotating guests)
    Cloak & Dagger.
    a space team besides GOTG. Needs to be more than one. With Monica Rambeau.
    Nightmask- bring a new character with these powers.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You're getting at least two of those as part of King in Black (Thunderbolts and Namor), maybe three, if they retool Squadron Supreme's cancelled Empyre tie-in like they did with The Union.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    I’ll take it.
    I'll take the Namor mini-series by Busiek, too, but I don't consider an event tie-in mini-series a relaunch. Give me a editorial supported ONGOING with a great creative team focused on Namor -- that's a relaunch.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Adkins View Post
    Don't know about 'desperate' but would be interested in seeing a new ALPHA FLIGHT book. The John Byrne run -and even after he left-was the first and maybe only comic book I ever got through the mail. Of course now it would have to include some type of unique 'hook' other than just, "Hey,we're Canadian!" lol That would still be there of course but feel you'd need something else for it to sell.
    Could center it around the shady activities Alpha Flight's usual team leader James Hudson has been up to lately, most recently co-founding and/or co-leading a new clandestine government agency called JANUS, which first appears at the end of the Ravencroft miniseries. Maybe Alpha Flight is reassembled by him to take on more public-facing missions that advance JANUS's agenda, only some of the team members start to get suspicious, do some digging, and then crap hits the fan when they discover the existence of JANUS.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

So Guardian has gone rogue, and Northstar and Aurora are with X-Factor. Looks like AF would be missing a few classic members if it relaunched right now.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    New X-Men (Kyle/Yost era cast)
    Avengers Academy (including The Initiative characters)
    Slingers
    Livewires
    Uncanny X-Men written by Gillen
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Agreed. Also, let's see some resolution for the Amazing Mary Jane and Gwen Stacy series. Relaunch Spider-Gwen/Ghost-Spider as well. Get Anya Corazon a new solo, too, preferably under her original superhero alias Arana. Finally . . . Scarlet Spider(s), starring Ben Reilly and Kaine Parker, and tying up all the loose ends in both their series, as well as elements from their 90s Clone Saga-era stories that were never properly resolved.
    Surprising nobody who has read my past posts, I'd love to see a Slingers relaunch -- but the original team has to continue to be the initial foundation. Adding both Scarlet Spiders would be awesome, and there are other young spider-adjacent characters to include to round out the supporting and rotating casts. Do it right, and it can simultaneously be a book that isn't afraid to go where Amazing Spider-Man can't (or won't) while also delving into the mythos and lore of Spidey comics to the point of being a "Spider-Man Universe" sort of title.

(Andi Benton and Anya Corazon should definitely join the Slingers -- as long as Anya gets her bug goggles back. A friendship between the two would be great.)

I've also long desired to see a New Warriors Initiative title that showcases young heroes from across the Marvel landscape while using classic NW members -- and some additions from Avengers: the Initiative -- as the main cast.

But, to be honest, right now I mostly just want to see the continuation of Runaways with the same creative team. This volume has been the best since the departure of BKV, and I hate to lose it -- and the kids again.

-Pav, who enjoyed seeing the Livewires again after all these years in Agents of Wakanda...
    Last edited by Pav; 09-20-2020 at 06:29 PM.
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details