Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Hellions 07, New Mutants 14, X-Force 15, Excalibur 16, X-Men 16, Marauders 16, Strange Academy 06, Daredevil 25 ...I'm better than good.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

The Union
    Atlantis Attack
    Captain Marvel
    Champions
    Power Pack
    X-Factor
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    Marauders
    Black Widow
    Immortal Hulk
    Strange Academy
    Ms. Marvel

Maybe
    New Mutants (new writer, finally)
    Iron Man (for Hellcat)
    Shang-Chi
    Excalibur
    Eternals

Thoughts:

- Knull coming so soon after Empyre feels like we're hitting even overload again. Also, really feel like they're trying to push him too hard when he's only relevant to Venom and Thor at best.

- I guess I'm glad they were able to revive the Union for an entirely different event tie-in.

- Why have Jess' hero friends deserted her? But I guess having that happen to you would make it easier to turn to crime...

- Sersi's outfit looks more revealing on that variant cover.

- Oh hey, a MODOK comic in time for the TV show! Although is MODOK actually leading AIM right now? It seems like it's either him, Monica, that either Scientist Surpeme, with no real consistency...

- So I guess whatever brainwashing Widow is under is starting to fade, but she's torn between the life she's grown to enjoy in-spite of it being fake and who she has to be as Black Widow...does that include the guy she's with as well?

- Donald Blake is now a villain hunting down people who've wielded Mjolnir? I see Thor, Bill, and what looks like Thunderstrike.

- I'm looking forward to Al Ewing's patented brand of making use of a character's entire continuity history for his take on Peter/Star-Lord.

- Do we really need to do this song and dance with the Phoenix Force again? I know Aaron can't help himself, but it just seems like it's going to be the same old, same old with a bunch of caroonish popcorn action. I guess that has it's own appeal...

- Looks like Korvac has the citizens turning on Iron Man and his new crimefighting partner Hellcat? I don't know how I feel about Tony looking to D-listers for help because he doesn't want to admit he screwed up, but I'm more curious what's going on with Patsy.

- Chris Cantwell gets to write Doom's favorite enemies in an FF one-shot that goes from wholesome to body horror pretty quickly.

- I guess Ewing really enjoyed writing Ben in Empyre if he's finally using him in Immortal Hulk, but it feels organic to the run to finally see Thing popping up.

- Cap fight Red Hulk reminds me he was the one going to bat for him back when he tried to be a good guy. Irony!

- Only Emma Frost would wear a leotard and thigh highs in a blizzard on that Captain Marvel cover.

- I am ready for some new Outlawed solicits (other than Ms. Marvel). Are the New Warriors not coming back?

- The only people I could see tipping off Ms. Marvel to CRADLE that she trusts are her family who don't know any better (at least not anymore).

- Shang-Chi's dad is alive? Le Gasp .

- I knew this run was going to end with Wade and Elsa hooking up.

- Is Matt in prison going to last longer than it did in the Brubaker run? Is he just going to be imprisoned at Daredevil? I'm not sure how that works.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    New Namor book = Yeah
    Coates still on Cap = :/

I hope Priest's USAgent is good.
    When it was revealed that Coates was leaving BP, didn't someone also say that his Cap run still had a long way to go?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Eh. Empyre, XofSwords and King in Black being so close is the Cough's fault. He's the real villain.

Quote Originally Posted by youthoftoday View Post
    When it was revealed that Coates was leaving BP, didn't someone also say that his Cap run still had a long way to go?
    God, I miss Remender.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Eh. Empyre, XofSwords and King in Black being so close is the Cough's fault. He's the real villain.
    It really isn't. Empyre was meant to end in July and ended in September. X of Swords was meant to start in July and now starts in September. Those two events were always meant to be back to back.

King in Black though was meant to be in December all along, and is the reason Black Cat and Valkyrie went on hiatus, along with Atlantis Attacks having it's ending changed - Felicia and Jane were both meant to have another arc before KIB, and presumably so was Agents of Atlas.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Captain America #26
    Avengers #39 & 40
    Deadpool #9
    Daredevil #25

Still no Runaways or the rest of the Nebula mini-series... ugh, guess I should give up waiting for the conclusion to those stories.

Bleeding Cool said a while ago that Runaways returns next year.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Maybe not but you can start small and get Iron Man #1 by Christopher Cantwell or try his Doctor Doom series
    I stopped collecting when it looked like marvel was cancelling a lot of books that I was collecting; i was down pretty much to spider man and avengers, and these latest storylines don’t really make me want to pick those books up again, at the moment. Not really interested in iron man’s story at the moment, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Bleeding Cool said a while ago that Runaways returns next year.
    Oh cool, thanks for the info! Hope they're correct about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Maybe not but you can start small and get Iron Man #1 by Christopher Cantwell or try his Doctor Doom series
    I stopped collecting when it looked like marvel was cancelling a lot of books that I was collecting; i was down pretty much to spider man and avengers, and these latest storylines don’t really make me want to pick those books up again, at the moment. Not really interested in iron man’s story at the moment, either.

Will be reading:

Avengers
    Eternals
    Thor
    Hellions
    Wolverine
    X-Force
    X-Men

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Looking forward to The King in Black.
    Immortal Hulk definitely in the endgame now after seemingly losing to The Leader.
    Spider-Man looks incredibly tense. The books really good at the minute.
    My interest is dwindling slightly in the X-Verse stuff. Hope Hickman can pull me back in.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Immortal Hulk definitely in the endgame now after seemingly losing to The Leader.
    Yeah, ends at issue 50.