Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

My wallet is already crying.

Definitely:
    KING IN BLACK #1 (OF 5)
    KING IN BLACK #2 (OF 5)
    VENOM #31
    SYMBIOTE SPIDER-MAN: KING IN BLACK #2 (OF 5)
    KING IN BLACK HANDBOOK #1 - I SEE MY BOY FLASH ON THAT COVER! Seriously, he has to come back by the end of King in Black. He has to...
    ETERNALS #2 - Gets an arc.
    CABLE #7
    HELLIONS #7 - This cover is hilarious xD
    X-FACTOR #5
    NEW MUTANTS #14 - Man, it sucks that Brisson left the series. His run was great and just a good classic take on the X-Men while still incorporating the new status quo. It was easily the most consistent run the X-titles had during Dawn of X. Also, it gave us amazing Boom-Boom moments. Not sure if I'll stick with the title, especially with Honey Badger joining the cast, but... I mean... they still have Magik and I like Thunderbird. But still... eeeehhhhh. Also, ugh, Rahne is sticking around. Also also, not really familiar with Vita Ayala's work.
    X-MEN #16 - Cyclops isn't saying anything, but that pose says "come and get it, Logan... also, Jean, you too honey if you want I guess"
    CHRIS CLAREMONT ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL #1 - You know what? Even if Claremont's modern stuff is bleh and some of his older stuff hasn't aged well, the man deserves this, so yeah, I'll get it.
    THOR #10 - The idea of a villainous Donald Blake has potential, so I'm definitely intrigued.

THUNDERBOLTS OMNIBUS VOL. 1 HC BAGLEY ANNUAL COVER (DM ONLY) - Fuck yeah! I regretted putting off getting those trades over the years, so I'm excited for this!
    ETERNALS BY GAIMAN & ROMITA JR. HC
    BLACK PANTHER EPIC COLLECTION: PANTHER’S PREY TPB

Maybe:
    BLACK CAT #1 - I don't know how hard I'm going with King in Black yet. Not sure how much tie-ins I'm going to get, e.g. tie-in minis only, Spidey books as well, or just everything. Also, I thought Marvel were over pointless relaunches? Like... the writer's still the same, guys.
    KING IN BLACK: IMMORTAL HULK #1
    ATLANTIS ATTACKS #5 (Of 5) - Really? Just... issue 5 of a mini as a tie-in?
    KING IN BLACK: NAMOR #1 (OF 5)
    THE UNION #1 (Of 5)
    SPIDER-WOMAN #7
    POWER PACK #2 (OF 5)
    SHANG-CHI #4 (OF 5)
    KING-SIZE CONAN#1 - That team of creators is a bit weird to me. No Jason Aaron or Jim Zub? At least Busiek is there for the modern representation, I guess.

X OF SWORDS HC BROOKS COVER (DM ONLY) - Crap... I want to eventually own Hickman's run in omnibus form, but I doubt this event will be included in it. Crap... crap crap crap.
    ETERNALS: COSMIC ORIGINS TPB - I'm usually not a big fan of Nauck's art, but I dig this cover. Might just be the colours. Also, I might start reading Eternals stuff, just because the Gillen run might be the kick I need to really get into it all, along with the previous Gaiman run. Maybe Marvel will do good stuff with them, who knows?
    ETERNALS: THE DREAMING CELESTIAL SAGA TPB
    ETERNALS: TO DEFY THE APOCALYPSE TPB
    BLACK CAT VOL. 3: ALL DRESSED UP TPB - Oh wow, Campbell showing some restraint on cover work! And it comes out better for it!
    INCREDIBLE HULK EPIC COLLECTION: WHO WILL JUDGE THE HULK? TPB - Thank you, Al Ewing and Peter David. Now I need to get all the trades of old Hulk stuff because you two hooked me so hard.
    SCARLET WITCH BY JAMES ROBINSON: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION TPB
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Random thoughts:

So... Namor isn't really a King in Black thing, is it? Like... solicitation doesn't make it seem like one at all.

I get that AoA Kitty is phasing through the floor, but that does NOT look good on a plain white background.

That ASM #54 cover... did Peter's cartridges bust? Why are some webs just spewing at his face.... but not in the reflection?

... was there anyone demanding Vengeance come back? Like, at all?

I still find the BC (really, had to change it to BCE? I don't think anyone cared) Phoenix weird, but I kinda dig her being ostracised for being a redhead. I guess that makes her a pseudo-mutant for her time, so that's kinda neat.

God, that FF one-shot... it's what Fant4stic wanted to be. I'm not interested, like, at all, but I can kinda appreciate that.

That Vader cover is unsettling af...

I didn't know Bounty Hunters was an ongoing! I thought it was meant to be like 5 or 6 issues! I might've read it if I knew otherwise!

Defenders Omnibus is a huh. I mean... sure, why not, I guess? Unless this is an MCU build-up thing?

Omg, that George Perez hardcover! I love the balloons lampshading his floating heads thing!
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

That Defenders Omnibus maybe has to do with the new Iron Man comic? Hellcat's a regular co-star in it.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Barbarian View Post
    Random thoughts:

So... Namor isn't really a King in Black thing, is it? Like... solicitation doesn't make it seem like one at all.
    It is odd. I don't think Cates has used or even mentioned Namor or Atlantis prior to this, has he? But apparently there's an ancient Atlantean connection. Not sure if that's actually going to play a part in this event, but the mini-series is supposed to explain the connection, which apparently was discovered back when Namor was a teenager? I'm assuming that that the end of Atlantis Attacks has something that triggers Namor's memory or prompts the long delayed fall out from the period mini-series.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That Defenders Omnibus maybe has to do with the new Iron Man comic? Hellcat's a regular co-star in it.
    Hellcat didn't join the Defenders until #44, which doesn't appear in this omnibus.

A Defenders Omnibus is long overdue. They have quite a few Marvel Masterworks completed, so the material is ready to go. Though, I would be thrilled if it meant Marvel or the MCU was going to do something with the non-team.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?