Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 79
  1. #31
    Fantastic Member Spidey_62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    410

    Default

    It seems like the end of Last Remains is going to be the all-hope-is-lost portion of the overall arc Spencer is writing here. If MJ does die and everything is seemingly off the table, the big conclusion with a rematch against Kindred could be Peter fighting his way through hell to save MJ and bring her back. I dunno. There's two Spidey supporting characters I don't ever wanna see die cause they're so great and they're MJ and JJJ haha.

  2. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    The covers for ASM #54 & #55 are incredible.
    Really are. Great work by Gleason.

  3. #33
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    24,117

    Default

    Also in December... Marvel Action: Origins. First up is Peter and Thanos. Then Hulk, Gwen, and Venom.
    https://www.gamesradar.com/idw-to-te...in-new-series/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  4. #34
    The Future is Now WebSlingWonder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,051

    Default

    Spider-Man going to Hell and fighting for restoration and the life of someone he loves does sound pretty boss.
    Catching thieves just like flies for 58 years!!

  5. #35
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Spider-Man going to Hell and fighting for restoration and the life of someone he loves does sound pretty boss.
    That sounds like another version of Kraven’s Last Hunt. If Peter would do it for a douche like Kraven of course he would do it for MJ, Gwen or anyone he cares about, and we would get the expected result.

  6. #36
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1,775

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Spider-Man going to Hell and fighting for restoration and the life of someone he loves does sound pretty boss.
    So like the ending of Slingers?

  7. #37
    The Future is Now WebSlingWonder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    So like the ending of Slingers?
    I never read that series, but sure!
    Catching thieves just like flies for 58 years!!

  8. #38
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    55,675

    Default

    I kind of feel like if Kindred was planning to kill MJ, they would've done it by now or not go to the trouble of just keeping her away from Peter, but I'm really curious what the endgame with Mysterio and the movie is supposed to be.

  9. #39
    Fantastic Member Spidey_62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I kind of feel like if Kindred was planning to kill MJ, they would've done it by now or not go to the trouble of just keeping her away from Peter, but I'm really curious what the endgame with Mysterio and the movie is supposed to be.
    There's always the possibility that it could happen by accident with MJ getting caught in a battle she wasn't supposed to be present at, or somebody else does it. Kindred doesn't seem to want her to die so that would be kind of interesting if she did because it kind of would prove what Kindred's been talking about. I don't wanna see MJ get killed but that definitely would be as about as devastating as you can get, I'd just hope since the run doesn't end there it would be part of the plan to undo it. The first page of this run was a callback to the great Sensational Annual before OMD with Peter and MJ, talking about how right it feels for them to be together, so I'm curious to see where it's going with Last Remains for sure cause it sounds rough.
    Last edited by Spidey_62; 09-18-2020 at 01:29 PM.

  10. #40
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    There's always the possibility that it could happen by accident with MJ getting caught in a battle she wasn't supposed to be present at, or somebody else does it. Kindred doesn't seem to want her to die so that would be kind of interesting if she did because it kind of would prove what Kindred's been talking about. I don't wanna see MJ get killed but that definitely would be as about as devastating as you can get, I'd just hope since the run doesn't end there it would be part of the plan to undo it. The first page of this run was a callback to the great Sensational Annual before OMD with Peter and MJ, talking about how right it feels for them to be together, so I'm curious to see where it's going with Last Remains for sure cause it sounds rough.
    I disagree 100%. I am tired of stories where someone is killed and you know they are coming back. Peter and Superior is an obvious one, but Kraven’s Last Hunt ( one of the great stories in Spider-Man History was ruined by Grim Hunt), ASM 121 with the Clone Saga, Aunt May and her death etc. better of being like Uncle Ben: Is dead and stay dead. I am a huge MJ fan, and obviously want the marriage back but if you have a great story like ASM 121-122, Death Of Jean DeWolffe, or Kid Who Collected Spider-Man just go for it and do not cheapen it be bringing her back.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 09-18-2020 at 02:08 PM.

  11. #41
    Fantastic Member Spidey_62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I disagree 100%. I am tired of stories where someone is killed and you know they are coming back. Peter and Superior is an obvious one, but Kraven’s Last Hunt ( one of the great stories in Spider-Man History was ruined by Grim Hunt), ASM 121 with the Clone Saga, Aunt May and her death etc. better of being like Uncle Ben: Is dead and stay dead. I am a huge MJ fan, and obviously want the marriage back but if you have a great story like ASM 121-122, Death Of Jean DeWolffe, or Kid Who Collected Spider-Man just go for it and do not cheapen it be bringing her back. The
    I'm generally not a fan of resurrections in Spidey comics either for the same reasons you outline. I'd have a hard time letting go of MJ so I'd prefer she stay alive, cause as the last 10 years have shown- pretty much none of Marvel's attempts to introduce different love interests for Spidey ever seem to stick.

  12. #42
    Extraordinary Member TheCape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Venezuela
    Posts
    7,897

    Default

    Sue me, i always liked Norman resurrection, but yeah the idea of MJ and resurrecting is not something that i want to see, thougth is incredibly ironic how there is a scene when Spider-Man is passing both Harry and Norman grave in the 90s and said "some monsters stay dead", oh Peter you just have to jinx it
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

    "I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

  13. #43
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    We'll see who is right. I'm getting a strong "end of MJ for real" vibe from this. Why else would she suddenly return now after being a non-entity in the Kindred drama? I'm telling you, MJ is going to die.
    LOLLLLL I spotted someone who wasn't around during the time they ended the marriage via Mephisto. I'm happy to bet you any amount of money they're not killing MJ.
    "Mutationem Aeternum"
    Krakoan and Proud

  14. #44
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    55,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    There's always the possibility that it could happen by accident with MJ getting caught in a battle she wasn't supposed to be present at, or somebody else does it. Kindred doesn't seem to want her to die so that would be kind of interesting if she did because it kind of would prove what Kindred's been talking about. I don't wanna see MJ get killed but that definitely would be as about as devastating as you can get, I'd just hope since the run doesn't end there it would be part of the plan to undo it. The first page of this run was a callback to the great Sensational Annual before OMD with Peter and MJ, talking about how right it feels for them to be together, so I'm curious to see where it's going with Last Remains for sure cause it sounds rough.
    100% if something like that were going to happen I think she would've been mentioned in the main ASM solicits by now.

  15. #45
    Extraordinary Member TheCape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Venezuela
    Posts
    7,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    100% if something like that were going to happen I think she would've been mentioned in the main ASM solicits by now.
    Maybe Spencer would troll us by making us believe that she is death at the end of one issue and she turns out to be ok at the next chapter or at the end of the story
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

    "I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •