Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But if we go by Clone Conspiracy, she died after realizing Peter was Spider-Man in her last moments. So any exchange would just be for her to get revenge.

I don't see them killing MJ off in a .LR issue and I think the solicits would reflect it more clearly if they were killing her off.

It still feels like there's a lot left unresolved regarding her role in all this and her career/story.
    “Revenge is a dish best served cold.” ( Don Vito Corleone). There are two people (well three Doc Ock over her dad) Gwen had major issues with Peter ( her dad’s death and lying to her), and obviously Norman. I am aware that she forgave Peter in Clone Conspiracy but this entire story (including the Mysterio movie) is tied back to Peter, Gwen and Norman. I would also note the Original Gwen comic where she meets not just Norman but Fisk as well. I know she briefly met him before but this meeting was really hammered home in that comic. I admit I did not think Spencer would go in the Gwen direction, but now I do.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    “Revenge is a dish best served cold.” ( Don Vito Corleone). There are two people (well three Doc Ock over her dad) Gwen had major issues with Peter ( her dad’s death and lying to her), and obviously Norman. I am aware that she forgave Peter in Clone Conspiracy but this entire story (including the Mysterio movie) is tied back to Peter, Gwen and Norman. I would also note the Original Gwen comic where she meets not just Norman but Fisk as well. I know she briefly met him before but this meeting was really hammered home in that comic. I admit I did not think Spencer would go in the Gwen direction, but now I do.
    dammit I think I'm tired of their attempts to make Gwen something more and if Kindred is really Her Spencer better be prepared to write the best explanation in the world.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

So it sounds like Sin Eater kicks the crap out of Spidey in #850.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    dammit I think I'm tired of their attempts to make Gwen something more and if Kindred is really Her Spencer better be prepared to write the best explanation in the world.
    Gwen as a villain would be a first though (unless you count the Gwen Goblin).

Incredible Member

Gwen as a villain would be a first though (unless you count the Gwen Goblin).
    But is it right? Wasn't Sins Past bad enough? Wasn't it enough that it was revealed in Clone Conspiracy that she was awake shortly before she died enough? Spencer is going to really have to sell to me that Gwen went to hell for a reason and become some powerful entity because i certainly don't see how it works in any capacity.

Kinda surprised to not see a tie-in between Amazing Spider-Man and King in Black proper. Though of course, a tie-in right as Spencer is reaching the climax of the Kindred storyline would kill all momentum instantly. It's not the same situation as with Absolute Carnage where I feel the Tie-ins actually helped the narrative (that was, at that moment, kinda slow for my tastes)

Maybe we will see a proper tie-in in further months. Once the fallout of Kindred has ended. January? Maybe even February?

Regardless. Very excited for King in Black, bloody solicits can't even spoil a bit of the fun for me!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    But is it right? Wasn't Sins Past bad enough? Wasn't it enough that it was revealed in Clone Conspiracy that she was awake shortly before she died enough? Spencer is going to really have to sell to me that Gwen went to hell for a reason and become some powerful entity because i certainly don't see how it works in any capacity.
    I know very well that Gwen as Kindred would make people livid ( I even said it would make Sins Past seem like a nursery rhyme), but if you look at the entire puzzle and this arc is one big jigsaw puzzle, everything is tied to Gwen. Even Peter telling Felicia about the marriage, that reaction by Kindred struck me as being jealous. Basically Peter was more honest with Felicia then Gwen. Kindred also being protective of MJ. Why? Ezekiel, and most other suspects (except Harry), care nothing about MJ. Then there is the movie. Why is Ock shown? That goes right back to Captain StacyÂ’s death. I would also mention that like Harry, Gwen was around during the Ditko run. Then there is the reprint. Why now reprint ASM 121-122 and ASM 118-119 ( which are the issues that in my opinion, make Gwen look the worst). Does this mean she made a deal with Mephisto? Not necessarily, but I would not be shocked if she did something bad to have created the situation ( of course, if indeed it is Gwen it is up to Spencer to have a good explanation).

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #55

NICK SPENCER (W) • PATRICK GLEASON (A/C)
    MARVEL’S SPIDER-MAN: MILES MORALES VARIANT COVER BY NICK SHUMACHER
    LEGO VARIANT COVER BY RON LIM
    VARIANT Cover by TBA
    LAST REMAINS CONCLUDES!
    • “LAST REMAINS” ends and will make you look at Spider-Man differently. It’ll make Peter look at himself differently.
    • If you thought the buildup TO Kindred was intense, the fallout FROM Kindred is even more devastating.
    Wow, this sounds like it's going to be absolutely chilling.

And glad we're getting Abrams' Spider-Man miniseries in full and out of the way. Not that I have a special grudge against it for killing off Mary Jane in the first issue or anything like that, but I'd at least like to see how it all turns out before calling it good or bad.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Wow, this sounds like it's going to be absolutely chilling.

And glad we're getting Abrams' Spider-Man miniseries in full and out of the way. Not that I have a special grudge against it for killing off Mary Jane in the first issue or anything like that, but I'd at least like to see how it all turns out before calling it good or bad.
    And peep out that Gleason #55 cover!!! That's got to be one of the best Spider-Man covers ever.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    And peep out that Gleason #55 cover!!! That's got to be one of the best Spider-Man covers ever.
    I would put that cover number four ever. The best? ASM 50 (Spider-Man No More(hands down my favorite)), ASM 129 ( Punisher and Spider-Man as the target) and ASM 33 ( The Final Chapter).

The #55 cover really is pretty special, super idea and execution. Feels a bit foreboding, too.

I like how the previous cover is also a similarly unique idea for a cover yet it's something that's on the other end of the spectrum in tone.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    The #55 cover really is pretty special, super idea and execution. Feels a bit foreboding, too.

I like how the previous cover is also a similarly unique idea for a cover yet it's something that's on the other end of the spectrum in tone.
    Foreboding was the word I came up earlier. I suspect that it will be something that will stick like ASM 121 or Amazing Fantasy 15, not someone dying and you expect that one day they will return. It could be MJ dying, it could be Gwen as Kindred, or something else that will be talked about for years to come.

Thoughts:

- Peter and the Black Knight? That team-up doesn't happen often.

- Hopefully a relaunch won't lead to diminishing returns for Felicia's new book, but I'm happy she still has one. That's a nice cover .

- So...I take it Peter doesn't win his first fight against Kindred .

- Is the "Last Remains" tie-in going to confirm what MJ's status quo after her solo series was supposed to be after she got back from witness protection in Montana? Is the movie still coming out? Has Mysterio being the director leaked to the public yet?

- WEB of Spider-Man - So teen Peter with a bunch of other teen heroes he dwarfs in age in the comics complete with Tony Stark? Eh...but wait, wasn't that written by Ralph Macchio before? Now it's Kevin Shinick? It may as well be a Marvel's Spider-Man tie-in.

- It's nice to see Bombshell in Miles' group. I was worried Ahmed would be phasing her out in favor of Starling. Also, Jefferson taking a page from the Parker women in terms of wielding a baseball bat.
    I wonder if they want to have a TPB with Spider-Man and one of the main characters of the Eternals in bookstores when the Eternals movie comes out.

Having written that sentence, I no longer wonder. I know.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

The covers for ASM #54 & #55 are incredible.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I bet MJ dies during "Last Remains", I'm calling it now. From an Editorial POV this serves a dual purpose: a) a shocking loss for Spidey/Pete, b) the return of the marriage is permanently taken off the table so Peter Parker/Spider-Man can move on narratively from his (arguably) most iconic romance. I'm not saying I would like such a choice just that I think it'll occur for the reasons I've outlined.
    If you are right, we will get instant classic and I will always remember you as the guy who foresee the death of MJ.