Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

[QUOTE=Spidey_62;5149870]I'm generally not a fan of resurrections in Spidey comics either for the same reasons you outline. I'd have a hard time letting go of MJ so I'd prefer she stay alive, cause as the last 10 years have shown- pretty much none of Marvel's attempts to introduce different love interests for Spidey ever seem to stick. I agree with you about the love interests ( especially Cindy who I hate). Of course I am one of the MJ or no one. It is like going from in her prime Salma Hayek to some chick in a bar. Which is why I want MJ alive for sure, but there are three things I am sick of in Spider-Man. 1: OMD. 2: Clones. 3: Deaths that are essentially meaningless. I have said it before if OMD does not go I am done and if they pull Kraven’s Last Hunt out of their ass for MJ ( or Gwen for that matter), when you know what will happen, I would be equally disappointed.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Maybe Spencer would troll us by making us believe that she is death at the end of one issue and she turns out to be ok at the next chapter or at the end of the story
    That's way too easy.

He'd definitely do it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I know very well that Gwen as Kindred would make people livid ( I even said it would make Sins Past seem like a nursery rhyme), but if you look at the entire puzzle and this arc is one big jigsaw puzzle, everything is tied to Gwen. Even Peter telling Felicia about the marriage, that reaction by Kindred struck me as being jealous. Basically Peter was more honest with Felicia then Gwen. Kindred also being protective of MJ. Why? Ezekiel, and most other suspects (except Harry), care nothing about MJ. Then there is the movie. Why is Ock shown? That goes right back to Captain StacyÂ’s death. I would also mention that like Harry, Gwen was around during the Ditko run. Then there is the reprint. Why now reprint ASM 121-122 and ASM 118-119 ( which are the issues that in my opinion, make Gwen look the worst). Does this mean she made a deal with Mephisto? Not necessarily, but I would not be shocked if she did something bad to have created the situation ( of course, if indeed it is Gwen it is up to Spencer to have a good explanation).
    I have to say that, after recent issues, I have grown to suspect it might be Gwen as well. Not sure how well Spencer can sell it, but the feeling is growing from issue to issue. Gwen had beef with Norman, would likely resent Peter due to the fact he is Spidey, and want to protect MJ from suffering a similar fate to her.

The only other individual that it could be besides Gwen, is George. But, again, any revenge would likely include Otto as well.
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 09-19-2020 at 07:17 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    I have to say that, after recent issues, I have grown to suspect it might be Gwen as well. Not sure how well Spencer can sell it, but the feeling is growing from issue to issue. Gwen had beef with Norman, would likely resent Peter due to the fact he is Spidey, and want to protect MJ from suffering a similar fate to her.

The only other individual that it could be besides Gwen, is George. But, again, any revenge would likely include Otto as well.
    To be fair it could be Harry as well ( but George’s death has nothing to do with him). I would also note Gwen meeting Fisk in her comic.

Yup, I have to agree that, at this point, the smart money is on 616 Gwen. However, her being Kindred almost seems too obvious or on the nose (as people say), hmmm.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Yup, I have to agree that, at this point, the smart money is on 616 Gwen. However, her being Kindred almost seems too obvious or on the nose (as people say), hmmm.
    If indeed it turns out to be Gwen, can you imagine the one two punch to Peter? First saving Osborn, then having to actually kill Gwen? If it is her, would matter to me most ( as I have said before), would be something as part of established Canon, not something to fit the narrative or shock the audience. I mentioned 118-119 before ( Sam Bullet is another not so high point in her life ( although that never bothered me like the treatment of Aunt May) but it had better be something ( like those two stories), otherwise Spencer will be reading comments from the Gwen shippers for the next decade ( like Sins Past).

Turning Points Arrive in 'Amazing Spider-Man' #50
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-spider-man-50

Turning Points? Hmm...

More evidence for Kindred = Gwen, it seems.

Wait, this is the solicits thread, isn't there a better place to talk about this?
    Last edited by Digifiend; 09-20-2020 at 08:45 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    What? What's wrong with what Gleason posted? I'm assuming Bagley is now doing issues #53-55

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    What? What's wrong with what Gleason posted? I'm assuming Bagley is now doing issues #53-55
    53-54, actually, but your point is a good one.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

"You said... You'd never abandon me... You promised, remember? And of course... you'll rest easy... knowing ASM will come out twice a month..."

"You do what you think is best, Doc. It's all any of us can."

"Peter?"

"Even when it hurts like hell."

"Peter? Where are you going? Peter?! PETEEEEEER!"

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

"You said... You'd never abandon me... You promised, remember? And of course... you'll rest easy... knowing ASM will come out twice a month..."

"You do what you think is best, Doc. It's all any of us can."

"Peter?"

"Even when it hurts like hell."

"Peter? Where are you going? Peter?! PETEEEEEER!"
    Not gonna lie, that hurt like hell.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Amazing Member

I doubt Kindred will even be revealed until the end of this arc. Probably around issue 60.

Quote Originally Posted by Forty20 View Post
    I doubt Kindred will even be revealed until the end of this arc. Probably around issue 60.
    what if spencer leaves before revealing it, that would be so badass

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Not gonna lie, that hurt like hell.
    I am lost?
    What're you talking about?

On another note..
    My money is between Gwen (almost 100% secure), and Harry..
    The absolute carnage tie-in issues, and the heavy focus on both characters during the flashback scenes (and whole Kindred-Norman interaction) were like a finding the most important jigsaw piece that was previously missing, and may be critical to solving this whole mystery