Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I don't really understand why Rictor is so OK with helping Apocalypse to fight the other Externals.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I don't really understand why Rictor is so OK with helping Apocalypse to fight the other Externals.
    I mean Apocalypse has been nothing but helpful to Rictor throughout this series. Selflessly? Of Course not. But I think Apocalypse has won some measure of loyalty from Rictor

I don't see what the point of having Rictor control lava is. Magma is right there.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I doubt that Tini or any current X editor even read Gambit/Nightman mini.
    That's a safe bet. And a good reason to bring it up now . I'm still holding out hope though that Gambit didn't murder her. I'm interested to see how much Hickman is behind some of these decisions.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I don't see what the point of having Rictor control lava is. Magma is right there.
    They're probably building Rictor up to be a new Omega level mutant.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

This wasn't great. Rictor went from angry at [A] and demanding answers to blind, subservient obedience real quick for no real reason. I don't love the power up he got either, seems like a lazy substitute for character development. Selene gave some half assed reason for so immediately joining [A] that I've already forgotten because it was dumb. Nobody performing that spell should have been surprised it failed without Candra's heart gem, they literally reference it in the spell. Saturnyne already captured Jamie's Captains Britain? What even was the point of them, that whole issue was such a waste of space. I surprisingly liked the Gambit and Candra interaction even though I don't particularly like Candra, probably the best part of a poor issue. I continue to enjoy To's art.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    I actually enjoyed this issue for the most part, but was a tad confused...

So are the "dead" externals really dead? Or they cannot be re-born until the gate to Otherworld is destroyed?
    I would guess that they can't be reborn through their External power because it was exhausted to build the gate, but they can probably be reborn through Krakoan resurrection but they will no longer be true Externals.

The point of Jamie's Captain Britains is to wait and see how the plot will develop. We have a massive crossover about the Apocalypse plot starting now. Saturnyne and Jamie war is something that has just started and will certainly be picked up very soon. Claremont did this all the time.

BANNED

̶I̶ ̶w̶o̶n̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶w̶h̶y̶ ̶G̶a̶r̶b̶h̶a̶-̶H̶s̶i̶e̶n̶ ̶i̶s̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶a̶m̶o̶n̶g̶s̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶E̶x̶t̶e̶r̶n̶a̶l̶s̶?̶ Nevermind... I should have read the entire issue
    Last edited by Micabe; 09-17-2020 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Magma's been cancelled.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    The point of Jamie's Captain Britains is to wait and see how the plot will develop. We have a massive crossover about the Apocalypse plot starting now. Saturnyne and Jamie war is something that has just started and will certainly be picked up very soon. Claremont did this all the time.
    I would wait and see if I thought the idea had the potential to be good or interesting, but I don't. Saturnyne captured Jamie's soldiers easily and off panel, Excalibur and the rest of Krakoa will not side with Jamie, if this is a war, he will not win. If Jamie is just creating mindless soldiers to do his bidding, we didn't need an entire issue illustrating their creation. And if they aren't entirely mindless and have some free will, the method by which they were created means that they wouldn't work with Jamie and it makes his chances of winning any fight even more unlikely. And what even is Jamie's motivation?

Fantastic Member

This actually felt like the best issue of Excalibur yet .... but the rest have been pretty weak so that's not saying much. It still fee ls like they've had a poor grasp on Apocalypse till here and the call me ]A[ thing is still cringey.

Kinda sucks to lose Candra. Not too miffed about Nicodemus and Saul. Crule at least had a cool look. Predictably Gideon and Selene wouldn't die but I guess Absalom sticks around. Though I still remember him dying of the legacy virus way back unless Krakoa brought him back.

It feels like Gambit's inclusion has a little bit of sense to it now along with Rictor ..... Jubilee still being the most pointless member of this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    I'm just interested to know if Gambit did give the gem to apocalypse with no plan does that count as murder on Krakoa? I mean she's begging him not to kill her and in that specific moment the only threat is in her stone being given to Apocolypse.
    It was surprising, that's for sure. Candra and Gambit have always had a sort of flirty relationship even if they're enemies (and they've banged probably more than once). It does seem odd that he would side with Apocalypse when Candra, while pretty evil, has nowhere near the rapsheet that Poccy has.

But with the vagueness of the Externals "are they dead or just stuck", I hesitate to call what Gambit did murder. Though spending eternity as a portal gate pillar is worse than death in my opinion.

Was there any explanation why Burke was missing and not referenced in the External data page? Also I agree with the sentiments that it was contradictory that -A- would sacrifice himself to create the portal if it meant he would not be able to be resurrected again, or would it mean that he would not be an External anymore? This needs to be clarified in another data page or somewhere.

Sucks that Chandra can’t comeback anymore. Would any of these Externals have been part of the Okkara civilization before the cataclysm? They should know more of the OG Horsemen and Genesis.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Nothing on Burke? He is missing in the entire issue correct?

So Absolom, what happened to him, he is not among the 4 Externals who were used to create the portal, but also not with Gideon and Selene, right?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================