I see nobody else felt compelled to make a thread for this issue, so here we are.

Apocalypse summons the Externals to a volcano or something. He brings Rictor in and tells them basically the Externals are no better than normal mutants who are the "new" High Lords. Selene and Gideon side with Apocalypse and a fight ensues. Rictor obliterates Crule, Nicodermus, Saul, and Candra (Absalom's lame ass gets to stay I guess). He begins a ritual to open a gate using the fallen Externals' skeletons, but Rictor notes that badass queen Candra feels different from the others.

Gambit and Rogue are on Otherworld still. Candra appears to Gambit as he's holding her gem. She taunts him and reveals she knew all along about Apocalypse's plan. She's safe in Saturnyne's hands, but Gambit has her and she needs him to give her back.

They make their way back to Captain Britain and Saturnyne, and Candra reminds Gambit he either helps Apocalypse or her. Gambit thinks it over and throws Candra's gem into the portal (ugh) which pleases Apocalypse. The Externals' skeletons open the permanent portal to the Starlight Citadel.

I didn't give a lick about any of this nonsense other than Candra. We all had a hunch the Externals would be used as fodder, so it's such a shame that they ended up being as such. I genuinely thought Gambit would save Candra, but nope. At least she had a great showing, and as it's a comic book I doubt she'll never appear again. Not surprised at Selene being spared, but Gideon?

What did everyone else think?