Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Would You Like To See More (Teen) Titans Films?

I definitely would. I would like to see more Titans (hell, even Young Justice) films where we can see teen heroes who never had the chance to be one the team in the comics. like the Young Justice show, let them be in their own continuity so we can see them reach maturity and bring in more under-used characters to shine and grow too.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

It was really a bummer that they introduced Superboy, the new Kid Flash, Wonder Girl, and established the founding Titans only for everybody to end up violently murdered by Paradooms (I liked Apokolips War, by the by).

They were actually thinking of doing a third movie with this team with Blackfire/Tamaran which obviously did not happen.

Astonishing Member

Not in that setting. Yeesh.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I definitely would. I would like to see more Titans (hell, even Young Justice) films where we can see teen heroes who never had the chance to be one the team in the comics. like the Young Justice show, let them be in their own continuity so we can see them reach maturity and bring in more under-used characters to shine and grow too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It was really a bummer that they introduced Superboy, the new Kid Flash, Wonder Girl, and established the founding Titans only for everybody to end up violently murdered by Paradooms (I liked Apokolips War, by the by).

They were actually thinking of doing a third movie with this team with Blackfire/Tamaran which obviously did not happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Yeah, with the reset, I wonder if they'll continue to do Titans films. They'd probably have to re-purpose any existing ideas for either a stand-alone film or a new continuity. A roster different from the one above is entirely possible.

I liked this Titans team though...

Amazing Member

While there were some obviously bad decisions, I would say that overall both movies managed to make them feel like an independent team in their own right. Judas contract almost managed to salvage nightwing and deathstroke from the horrible treatment they got in prior films and deserves credit for not inserting batman where he doesnīt belong, although damian still got the creator bias, and beast boy was robbed from the protagonist position that he had in the story.

Starting the titans in itīs own continuity is also extremely easy. If they were that desperate for nostalgia, they could simply advertise it as being a movie in the original cartoon continuity, much like JL vs the fatal five was set in the DCAU. They already did TT Go vs TT anyway...

That team lineup was awesome!

You had Nightwing, Donna Troy, Wally West and Roy Harper to appeal to your comics purists. Starfire, Raven, Bumbelebee, Terra and Beast Boy to appeal to the TT cartoon audience, plus you had Blue Beetle and Superboy to appeal to the YJ crowd! I think they're only missing Static and Rose Wilson as far as popular Titans are concerned

Astonishing Member

All mixed up and awful, sure.

All mixed up and awful, sure.
    Well yeah, you use the popular characters in outside media. This lineup was awesome and better than anything the comics have done in decades! It’s a shame we didn’t get third film

Extraordinary Member

I would prefer a more comics accurate line up.

Could star the Fab4, the NTT, the YJ4, Damians last team, or maybe even the 1996 Teen Titans, but I'm just not a fan of line ups that so all over the place as this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I would prefer a more comics accurate line up.

Could star the Fab4, the NTT, the YJ4, Damians last team, or maybe even the 1996 Teen Titans, but I'm just not a fan of line ups that so all over the place as this one.
    Ehhh, I say screw following the comics! Use whatever characters you like, especially if they’re the most popular ones. It’s not like the comics have been any good since the 80’s anyway.

I’d like to see a Young Justice vs Titans film though: Nightwing, Starfire, Cyborg, Beast Boy, Raven vs Robin, Wonder Girl, Blue Beetle, Superboy and Miss Martian. Have Bumblebee, Terra, Jericho, Rocket, Static, and Impulse make cameos

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Use whatever characters you like, especially if they’re the most popular ones.
    But at least for me it is not just the characters but also the dynamics between them.

If I look the the line-up above I would prefer to have Jon Kent on a team with Damian and and not a scrawny version of Kon-El.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I liked this Titans team though...
    me too. I hope going forward we get something similar though inclusive.

I don't care about following the comics. I just want exciting fun ideas explored
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 09-20-2020 at 03:30 AM.

As long as it isn't the Teen Titans Go versions, yes.