Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Read: The Atom Legends of The DC Universe issues 40-41 and you will see how much of a fun character Ray Palmer can be if done correctly.

71N+QbbbC9L._AC_SL1050_.jpg
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

I'd say several of the New Age of Heroes characters.

Namely the Immortal Men, the Silencer, the Brimstones and Damage.

The Immortal Men were done particularly dirty and it's a shame because the mythos they added was awesome. It should be used a lot more.

The Brimstones also had some incredible story potential. The ending was a little too easy for my taste, but as an horror-comic it worked great IMHO.

The Silencer is one of my favorite heroes. And I know that her appearing in Leviathan was going against everything which happened in her series... but Bendis nailed her character and quite frankly, I'm open to retcons, even for her, as long as she's a deadly assassin who is also a Mom, a John Wick with a family to protect.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I don't know enough about the others but you can salvage The Silencer by making her part of the extended Bat-family. She has a relation to Talia and knows Nightwing, and both Nightwing and Talia have a connection to Spyral. She can appear every once in a while in relation to those stories. Guest star in Nightwing again maybe.

Then there's Talon Calvin Rose, who again, with Dick, both have a connection to the Court. If the Batman book is full, let him appear in Nightwing.

The problem with the extended Batfam sometimes they're fighting for screen time in Batman's books when we have other Batfam members who can carry their own ongoing and could use a more recurring supporting cast. Barbara, Selina, Jason, and Dick.

Spread the more obscure Batfam out to them, in a way that fit the story and setting.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 09-21-2020 at 11:10 AM.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Walker Gabriel/Chronos. Love to see a new book with him bouncing around time and stealing from evil corporations.

Something in the vein of a Paul Verhoeven movie.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 09-21-2020 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Walker Gabriel/Chronos. Love to see a new book with him bouncing around time and stealing from evil corporations.

Something in the vein of a Paul Verhoeven movie.
    It was a really crappy thing DC did when they made Gabriel a 'blink and you miss it' cannon fodder death during Johns' run on the JSA.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    It was a really crappy thing DC did when they made Gabriel a 'blink and you miss it' cannon fodder death during Johns' run on the JSA.
    Such an unnecessary waste of a great character/concept.

Astonishing Member

Snowflame!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again until DC finally gets a clue:

Extrano is a character just waiting for a great solo series. Flamboyantly gay cosmic space witch? Give him a human companion, and he could be DC's version of The Doctor and Jack Harkness, all rolled up into one character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Read: The Atom Legends of The DC Universe issues 40-41 and you will see how much of a fun character Ray Palmer can be if done correctly.

71N+QbbbC9L._AC_SL1050_.jpg
    I used to not like this character all that much until I read Gil Kane's Sword of the Atom. That's what convinced me that The Atom can be pretty cool.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Snowflame!
    Just appeared in Catwoman.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Then there's Talon Calvin Rose, who again, with Dick, both have a connection to the Court. If the Batman book is full, let him appear in Nightwing.
    I think he has to much overlap with Dick, to really be a regular in the Batman book, Strix has the same problem with being to similar to Cass. Unless a writer has a very specific story idea for them I just don't see much of reason to bring them back.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    I don't know enough about the others but you can salvage The Silencer by making her part of the extended Bat-family. She has a relation to Talia and knows Nightwing, and both Nightwing and Talia have a connection to Spyral. She can appear every once in a while in relation to those stories. Guest star in Nightwing again maybe.
    She could probably also fit in some incarnation of the Outlaws, Outsiders or maybe even Birds of Prey (but she could use a costume redesign).
    Last edited by Aahz; 09-22-2020 at 01:36 PM.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    I sure loved them. I still have a box of them somewhere at my parents' house. There were some great stories in those issues.

You're probably aware of this, but there is a collection that was recently released of the comics:

https://www.amazon.com/Super-Friends...s=books&sr=1-1

Written by E. Nelson Bridewell (MAD Magazine) with art by Ramona Fradon (Aquaman, Metamorpho) this one-of-a-kind collection is not to be missed! The Super Friends: Saturday Morning Comics Vol. 1 collects The Super Friends #1-26, Aquateers Meet The Super Friends, and the Super Friends story and features from Limited Collectors' Edition #C-41 and #C-46, with a brand-new introduction from Fradon.
    Is there a volume 2 on the way? Does DC intend to collect the whole series?