Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    It looks to me like a story where Apocalypse's horsemen may turn against Apocalypse.Like I lean towards the Cryptic last two caveats of X-Men 12 , One is rumour that Apocalypse purged Arakko to remain sole survivor of that gen , the other is that he was under control of another power and strangely they show the horsemen on that very panel(where that is mentioned) It could be that if he willfully to fight Amenth sent his horsemen as as his lead generals to fight and they switched sides by being in Amenth for so long.Or maybe the force that controls the horsemen always wanted Arrako destroyed and so they are doing its bidding.

Now I remember a Sinister secret hinting that Apocalypse is waiting for his horsemen to return and they are his favourites, so either that is his long game to use Arrako and them to take over the world or he maybe has cast his lot with Krakoa but his horsemen are looking at him as a traitor to the cause of the greater power they serve. The key is to know who this power is... This all said is just a tip of the Iceberg, we have powerful factions against each other like in Game of Thrones, Annihilation( don't know if he is one of the horsemen or leads them instead of Apocalypse in Amenth), the white sword and his 100 immortals, Isca the Mystique of Arrako ...Mouth watering..

The only mistake was not including Selene in this storyline..I'm still holding out for Hickman to throw us a bone that Selene herself is the progenitor of some non mutant but mutant like species maybe the Neo...that would be amazing
    Selene was in Excalibur this week along with the rest of the Externals. She's allied with Apocalypse for now but who knows how long that will last.

This looks so big and crazy and just off the wall nuts... I love it. This whole “lost first age of mutants” stuff with Arrakko and the First Horsemen being lost in Otherworld, or wherever they are (perhaps having to traverse Otherworld to get there) is just a bizarre blend of sci-fi and fantasy. Understanding it may not fit perfectly with what’s been established before, but I don’t really care. This looks rad to me.

BANNED

and it's creative and unique in all sense, not every marvel event seems to have this much ... flavour :3c

Agreed. Take Empyre for example. The whole thing just felt flat. At least IMO.

I know it won't happen, but I would have liked to see the Celtic gods or entities related to Arthurian legend in this story, because they supposed to be denizens of Otherworld as well, even though they have never been seen with the Captain Britain/Merln/Roma/Opal Saturnyne stuff.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Agreed. Take Empyre for example. The whole thing just felt flat. At least IMO.
    and dark nights mIMEANKING IN BLACK, yeah... king in black! not someother edgy event, no sir this is Mahvel!

Astonishing Member

Regarding the rumour Apocalypse being under the influence of another power when he sealed Arakko, if he had encountered the Celestials by then they might have yanked the strings for once?

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiK View Post
    The Summoner is not a trusty source. I bet he tricked Poccy into thinking they needed rescuing when actually they just wanted a clear path to invade Otherworld and then Earth.
    Possible although War did seem serious about how dire the situation was when she sent Summoner to find •-[A]-• in X-Men #2. Poor thing was crying cause he didn't want to leave his mother.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I think it's the Summoners who are dwindling.
    Correct.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

So I gathered was that Amenth isn’t in other world but otherworld is a bridge that can connect Krakoa to Amenth where Arrako is located.

It seems likely from the summoner graphic (second time we’ve seen it in X12: except it’s different from the one we initially got in X2) so the betrayal is likely Summoner to his gramps/Krakoa.

I imagine the reason is one he told us already, the stories that got passed down ultimately cast Apocalypse’s sacrifice of them as a betrayal. And now the remaining mutants are coming back to reunite/claim their homeland from this latest generation of mutants.

What I’m excited about is that it seems like we are about to see some mutants with some weirder mutant powers, like Isaca. Excited.

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    Magneto looks bored lol. Also who is getting crucified in the second panel?
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Magneto looks bored lol. Also who is getting crucified in the second panel?
    Unus, The (ahem) Untouchable.

BANNED

the surprise on nur's face.

Looks very promising. Loving the dark, ominous art style here.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    I know it won't happen, but I would have liked to see the Celtic gods or entities related to Arthurian legend in this story, because they supposed to be denizens of Otherworld as well, even though they have never been seen with the Captain Britain/Merln/Roma/Opal Saturnyne stuff.
    They were seen acting together - Avalonians, Court of Pendragon and Captain Britain Corps - in the "Manchester Gods" storyline in Journey Into Mystery 639 - 641, but Howard in particular seems intent on ignoring or erasing the established society and geography of Otherworld and replacing them with her own sub par concepts.

It would be like War of the Realms completely ignoring the Asgardians, the Dark Elves and every other race that's supposed to inhabit the Nine Realms, apart from (super) humans.

"The city of DillyDollydaydream, in the Kingdom of Dryer Door..." do me a favour. Hickman and Howard aren't exactly Tolkien and Martin when it comes to their attempts to write high fantasy. Lewis and Martin, maybe.